September 20, 2018, 07:08:20 AM

Author Topic: Lookman  (Read 36552 times)

May 13, 2018, 04:14:15 AM
Reply #15

Bluedylan

Would say they generally identify talents earlier than this, BUT, they have loaned him so clearly like him and hes then preformed.

Im worried to be honest, keep over almost anyone else in the squad is my thoughts at the moment.

Yeah, I hear you, but ultimately we can just say 'no' if it comes down to it, and Lookman's not high profile enough to force our hand really.

A couple of people on twitter saying they spoke to him after today's game and that he's looking forward to getting back to Goodison (sans Allardyce presumably), and was apparently buzzing to see someone in an Everton shirt.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

May 13, 2018, 05:27:55 AM
Reply #16

Bluedylan

My hero

Haha.

A lot of it is me trying to convince myself, as much as anything.

June 10, 2018, 07:49:15 AM
Reply #17

Bluedylan

Err you dont pick the team Marcel.

Just sayin.

I think the fact that he's come out and said it so definitively is a clear indication that both him and Silva feel the same way about this matter.

Great to hear, but not surprising given the profile of players he has talked about.

June 10, 2018, 11:15:56 PM
Reply #18

Bluedylan

I'd be happy to give Lookman 6 months and if he's still not doing it, buy an upgrade in the winter.

That means we can focus on other areas of the team given we don't have a ton of time left.

That seems like a weird thing to say, if you don't mind me saying. He's 20 years old. You have to expect inconsistency and peaks and troughs. You don't arbitrarily just sack an incredibly talented kid off after 6 months, if they haven't been consistent. It's about building something, and allowing young players space to grow and make mistakes, if necessary, with the intention of reaping the rewards further down the line.

June 10, 2018, 11:25:03 PM
Reply #19

Bluedylan

I think within 6 months we'll at least be able to see if he has something or not. I don't see the point in buying big for that position this summer given we're on a budget again with more important positions to sort out.

But if he's flopping badly and not contributing anything to the team, then an upgrade becomes a necessity. Last season we saw Bolasie isn't the answer. Let's see if Lookman is going to be and review from there. Think that's pretty fair myself.

Dude, we know he has something. That's not even a question. His time at Leipzig put an end to that discussion, and our new DoF wanted to sign him for his previous club. I think you'll see him be a prominent player for the club this season, and if he's not, then I'd suggest that is a failure of management. The ability is oozing out of him, and it seems like the most progressive, forward thinking scouts/DoFs around Europe are all well aware of that, and would love to get him.

Brands' quote (and one of the first things he's said about any of our player's specifically, which tells you a lot):

I can be clear in that because I know the player very well.

He was on my list at PSV (to sign). He is a very talented young player and I think he has to be moved up next year (to the first team squad).
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 11:29:05 PM by Bluedylan »

June 13, 2018, 03:02:36 PM
Reply #20

Bluedylan

Isn't turning up and not doing your job week in week out pretty bad too and frauding a living?.
Not really against the French either just a descriptive of his football over the last 18 months .

And this from  a self confessed hater of all players .

Yeah it's a bit offensive in fairness, dude. I know you're just meaning to make a point about Schneiderlin.

But it's really quite unfair on the French, this whole myth of their cowardice. They fought very bravely in both wars, and had we had a land border with Nazi Germany we'd have been steamrollered.

http://theconversation.com/cheese-eating-surrender-monkeys-its-time-to-give-the-french-army-the-credit-it-deserves-81853

June 13, 2018, 05:58:20 PM
Reply #21

Bluedylan

Whilst agreeing with your entire point, if we had a land border with any continental power then our land army would have been significantly deeper than the BEF was.

In fact, i'm off to find if anybody has written any alt-fiction about the English channel being a land bridge because the world would be a very different place if it was.

Point taken. Still don't think we could've defended a 280 mile border.

June 28, 2018, 05:22:02 AM
Reply #22

Bluedylan

We had 38 members in the squad - 13 more than Silva wants. There were loads of kids in there and we were in a relegation battle. Someone had to go either on loan or permanently. He was criticised for using too many young players and not enough young players. He was criticised for not giving enough players game time - that would be slightly less than one game in three with 38 in the squad etc etc etc.
Sam has gone we need to look ahead. Lookman will do what every player does today, what he and his agent (and Lukaku''s dad) thinks is right for him.

When was he criticised for using too many young players?