November 22, 2018, 02:19:32 AM

Author Topic: Lookman  (Read 40105 times)

February 28, 2018, 04:56:10 AM
Reply #15

Lxxx

Maybe being naive but I feel it should be relatively easy in that you know that Sigurdsson and Walcott are going to be good PL players across the season and that they both work hard etc.

Therefore you can afford the ups and downs of younger players a bit more than if you had flaky experienced options.

Overall I think we’ve got some good experienced PL players who you can rely on - the above two, Rooney, Gueye, Coleman etc.

But anyone else over 27 who either hasn’t been or ever will be a top player should be moved on to make space for the younger players we already have.

Then we shouldn’t be buying any PL players over 25 who don’t at least have the experience of being a top player. If they’re over that age then there’s a very slim chance of them being top 4/6 potential so what’s the point in investing time / money there.

If we want experience then it should be from cheaper markets where there’s at least a bit more chance that talent has slipped under the radar or the odd purchase like Walcott who needs a fresh start.

What you're advocating there is a measured approach with a bit of strategic thinking thrown in. Go and wash your mouth out.

April 17, 2018, 03:32:01 PM
Reply #16

Lxxx

Bolasie is being unfairly treated. He is just back from a long term injury. He will be much much better next season.

He may be being unfairly singled out but I'm not as sure as you that his performances are guaranteed to go up a level next season.

April 17, 2018, 05:42:17 PM
Reply #17

Lxxx

He looks the most likely to make something happen at the minute

That fact in itself is depressing.

April 17, 2018, 10:43:38 PM
Reply #18

Lxxx

He’s clearly not playing regularly. You don’t or at least shouldn’t go on loan to get similar minutes as he was getting here. There’s little benefit for the player and we’ve lost an option albeit 1 we used sparingly.
The move wasn’t a clever 1 for us or lookman. We actually should have been stronger and told him to either pick a club he’d be an important player for or stay here so we could get the benefit of his infrequent games

He'll be the better for the experience. However from next season he really needs to be racking up some serious playing time somewhere though, either with us or elsewhere.

April 18, 2018, 04:24:49 AM
Reply #19

Lxxx

I think he’s a got a little of Raheem Sterling about his play. Under the right manager he could be a proper baller. We just don’t seem to pick the right manager though.

April 18, 2018, 12:34:13 PM
Reply #20

Lxxx

not got any better in 2 years now

He’s been with us just over a year.

April 18, 2018, 06:46:31 PM
Reply #21

Lxxx

I don't think you can compare Derby to Leipzig and say one would give more of a benefit than the other as they are so different. Who's to say he would have been playing every week for Derby anyway, he might have started badly and the manager might have preferred someone who could offer more defensively for example.

I think the most important point is he is out of this toxic club at the minute and gaining experience of some description elsewhere. I think anywhere but in the stands here is an improvement and he can only come back better for it, under a new regime and a fresh start.

April 19, 2018, 12:20:54 AM
Reply #22

Lxxx

Onyekuru will be better anyway

For never coming anywhere near us since he signed.

April 20, 2018, 12:46:36 AM
Reply #23

Lxxx

when did you see this

Just fuck off you troll.

April 20, 2018, 04:48:13 PM
Reply #24

Lxxx

Especially considering Bolasie is just a headless chicken with a bit of pace about him.

Not sure about the pace anymore.

April 22, 2018, 03:06:25 PM
Reply #25

Lxxx

Damn. This thread has really degraded.

The forum itself has slumped and not really down to the contributors.

How one man can suck the life out of a club and leave it’s supporters completely bereft of things to talk about other than how much they hate him.

May 05, 2018, 10:24:54 PM
Reply #26

Lxxx

Sam'll be thinking he can get a pretty decent price for him now then. If he can get more or less what he'll pay West Ham for Aaron Cresswell then it'll have been a good loan move.

May 12, 2018, 09:47:25 PM
Reply #27

Lxxx

all these lookman posts doing well make me sad..

that should be in the 'what makes you cry thread'.

Why? It couldn’t illustrate any better how much of a good move this has been for him. We’ll be the beneficiary of it when he returns.

May 12, 2018, 09:50:59 PM
Reply #28

Lxxx

We could've done with this kid starting weekly for us ....proved his worth over there given a chance .

Nah. He was well out of the toxic negativity that has surrounded the club since Xmas.

This is exactly what loan moves are for, so they come back a better player.

May 12, 2018, 09:59:43 PM
Reply #29

Lxxx

You reckon he'll be keen to stay?

He’s under contract. It's not his decision.