August 15, 2018, 05:47:48 PM

Author Topic: Lookman  (Read 34761 times)

January 08, 2018, 04:43:00 PM
Reply #30

gizzblue

Fuck all to play for from now til the end of the season, we won't be in any sort of relegation fight so there is no reason why we shouldnt be giving the fringe players like Lookman more time on the pitch
It's all down to the manager mentality from here now ....we will soon see if his park the bus will persist throughout the rest of the season (if so he will deffo be gone come end of the season).

January 08, 2018, 04:43:19 PM
Reply #31

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Canít agree more and letís try and introduce a more attacking style dependant on filling our required positions.
It will be a gamble however it would enable us to hit the ground running next season.

Based on Sam's past he's likely to wait until we hit the 40 point mark before he starts to introduce more attacking play.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

January 08, 2018, 04:46:30 PM
Reply #32

eugene

Based on Sam's past he's likely to wait until we hit the 40 point mark before he starts to introduce more attacking play.
Last half hour depending on how the games are panning out perhaps,gradually introducing a more attack minded setup got to be the way forward

January 08, 2018, 04:56:50 PM
Reply #33

Lxxx

Last half hour depending on how the games are panning out perhaps,gradually introducing a more attack minded setup got to be the way forward

So we start with the last half hour and then progress from there. Okay. At that rate by the end of the season we'll just about be starting games with a positive mindset and will have wasted half a season. 

January 08, 2018, 05:00:31 PM
Reply #34

eugene

So we start with the last half hour and then progress from there. Okay. At that rate by the end of the season we'll just about be starting games with a positive mindset and will have wasted half a season.
We have nothing to play for only positions

January 08, 2018, 05:10:43 PM
Reply #35

Lxxx

We have nothing to play for only positions

Exactly, so why not start now then? We've just got a striker which we needed. We've got a genuine wide player back to fitness and we're in a window where we can potentially address other issues. Let's attempt to build a style of play for next season, not just consolidate our league position and then rest everything on summer recruitment, again.

January 08, 2018, 05:14:30 PM
Reply #36

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Appreciate everyoneís good intentions here but you only have to look at players like Davies getting stick now to realise that itís not so easy to just play younger players regardless. Thereís barely any patience for player development.

The game was wide open (comparatively) on Friday which suits Lookman as thereís space for him to run into.

Most of the games where complaints arrive arenít like this so itís far from a given that heíd play like he did the other night.

Therefore itís unlikely that heíd be getting loads more game time; certainly not from the start of games unless heís improving from most other appearances recently.

January 08, 2018, 05:23:56 PM
Reply #37

Cereal Killer

I think he should start in games against the better teams that aren't going to sit back and will be pushing to score. Leaves more space for him and also forces them to worry about his pace, ok he may not get many opportunities to shine, but if we won't play him against compact defensive teams either then there's no point to him?!

January 08, 2018, 06:36:55 PM
Reply #38

Bluedylan

There you go again, responding to polite queries in your trademark patronising tone. For what itís worth I be.ive that our target is to finish as high in the table as possible.

Sound. Nice chatting with you.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

January 08, 2018, 08:46:43 PM
Reply #39

therealdunc

I disagree, the evidence of when he wasnít relegation fireman sam is of a manager who changes his tactics to both maximise his teams strength and limit the oppositions.

Heís always done it.

If we had 2 brilliant wingers, no doubt we would be playing it down the flanks more.

If you look at the heat maps and the touches maps from his games thus far, we have had the Hall in central areas where most of the teams creative strength is aka rooney.

Itís only in recent games with bolasie that has started to move more out to the flanks.

Heís a pragmatic manager, not an ideologue like Martinez.
He will use his resources the way he deems best to maximise points from games .

And thatís exactly what we need if wholesale changes are not going to take place until the summer transfer window
Blue

January 08, 2018, 09:45:09 PM
Reply #40

D15TIN

Always thought he looked better off the bench, he should definitely be more involved though, no question.

January 09, 2018, 12:58:55 AM
Reply #41

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Mate, you have utterly misread that entire conversation.

Obviously you missed the original point, which is fair enough - the written word can be a bit vague sometimes. No issues there. BD explained it in pretty simple terms and you asked for  further clarification. There was no clearer he could have been so he stated that.
You've then inferred condecension in a response that contained none because of your opinion on who wrote it.

FWIW, BD has raised the first balanced point i've seen about Allardyce. As long as we agree to become proponants of the man if he meets our targets.

Finish as high as we can in the league? Yeah, true. But 7th playing dinosaur football with tried & tested players or 8th whilst bedding in the kids and making mistakes whilst teaching them a more expansive style?
I'd take the £750k hit (or whatever it is for a single league place nowadays)
Would have to disagree with you there, I was genuinely unsure whether BD was saying that Allardyce getting kudos was a good or a bad thing, to ME it was somewhat ambiguous, I felt that the response was somewhat condescending ďIíll spell it out for youĒ  nothing to do with what you perceive as my ďopinionĒof BD, I frequently like his posts and do consider him a valued poster, but I would also like to finish 7th in The hope that we may qualify for Europe.

January 09, 2018, 02:49:45 AM
Reply #42

eugene

Would have to disagree with you there, I was genuinely unsure whether BD was saying that Allardyce getting kudos was a good or a bad thing, to ME it was somewhat ambiguous, I felt that the response was somewhat condescending "I'll spell it out for youĒ  nothing to do with what you perceive as my "opinionĒof BD, I frequently like his posts and do consider him a valued poster, but I would also like to finish 7th in The hope that we may qualify for Europe.
To be honest after this seasons toe dipping into Europe I would be happy to skip it next year and concentrate on getting a good team together then maybe the year after have a good run at Europe

January 09, 2018, 03:04:46 AM
Reply #43

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
To be honest after this seasons toe dipping into Europe I would be happy to skip it next year and concentrate on getting a good team together then maybe the year after have a good run at Europe

If we were unable to fashion a team able to make a fist of it and likely get out of the group stage of the Europa league after January and the summer then we may as well pack it all in.

Itís important for the club to become accustomed to European competition, and itís valuable from a revenue pov as well.

Plus, Thursday nights on the ale..
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 09, 2018, 03:33:50 AM
Reply #44

Heisenberg

Nothing winds me up more than when people say they dont want europa. Whats the point then? so we can have less games to play next season so we can mount a real challenge for ...... the europa spots?