August 25, 2019, 04:29:39 AM

Author Topic: Lookman  (Read 49569 times)

April 22, 2018, 01:46:12 AM
Reply #15

Ross

Think heís started 4 and come on as sub in 7 or 8 but donít know the minutes dude

Iíll let @KoemansNumberTens fill you in but bear in mind the last half dozen games would total 540 minutes and heís a 20 year old whoís very new to the league and only a few weeks into a short loan.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

April 22, 2018, 02:56:28 AM
Reply #16

Ross

Iím happy heís gone on loan dude heís definitely had way more minutes than he would of done under allardyce

Yeah and no doubt more than heíd get at a failing Derby team as well.

And all at unquestionably an extremely high standard and competitiveness level of football.

Only an real dafty or someone not aware of the whole situation would question whether itís a good move for Lookman or whether itís going well for him.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

April 30, 2018, 12:35:43 AM
Reply #17

Ross

Not currently but i think thereís been an over estimation about how good they are.

If we had a good manager I wouldnít just be accepting a defeat if we played them.

Theyíre a level or 5 above Derby though regardless of how theyíd stack up against us.

April 30, 2018, 12:51:01 AM
Reply #18

Ross

Yes.

But his issues arenít skill.

Itís decision making etc. which are improved under pressure and experience of it.

And Iíll still stand by heís done this loan move for himself.

Which doesnít sound bad but everyone hates senior players who try to leave etc.

The more intense the league the higher the pressure and heís clearly getting the experience and at a much higher level than the championship.

Of course heís done it for himself, heís looking to make himself the best he possibly can be whether thatís with Everton, Derby of Leipzig.

April 30, 2018, 07:05:39 PM
Reply #19

Ross

The intensity issue is the key.

Being thrown on for cameo sub appearances, with an ďexpress yourself remitĒ etc isnít the same pressure as having responsibility for starting games where mistakes even early on in a game may cost you.

Heís been starting more games recently so thatís good.

And Iíve no problem with players looking out for themselves but lots of people do. Heís just got an easy ride because most people donít like Allardyce otherwise I think he would have been panned for going against club wishes.

Think heís been eligible for 11 games since his move, heís started 5 games and featured significantly in 4 others.

Considering the first two games came within 8 days of him landing in Germany Iíd say thatís a decent amount of football for a 20 year old lad out on loan no matter what club heís playing for.

As for the Allardyce point itís unlikely heíd have sort out a loan move if he wasnít the manager given the mismatch in skill sets he requests and the player has.   

May 05, 2018, 11:12:47 PM
Reply #20

Ross

Think heís scored more for RB than Allardyces big success story Walcott.

May 12, 2018, 09:07:58 PM
Reply #21

Ross

Think rather than Rooney being the one to force Moshiris hand regarding Allardyce it may well be Lookman.

May 12, 2018, 10:34:17 PM
Reply #22

Ross

June 28, 2018, 04:52:37 AM
Reply #23

Ross

Not saying he didn't or did mate but there is a trend of him being blamed for everything and it just isn't true, if only it were all that simple, there's better run sunday teams than us the last few years.

Exactly Allardyce should never have been in the position to manage young promising talents like Lookman in the first place.

All Allardyce did was be Allardyce, Lookman wasnít the only young player looking for a move last January either. Need to look elsewhere if Lookman now thinks the grass is greener elsewhere.