July 21, 2018, 01:16:43 PM

Author Topic: Lookman  (Read 33569 times)

May 12, 2018, 09:59:43 PM
Reply #480

Lxxx

You reckon he'll be keen to stay?

Hes under contract. It's not his decision.

May 12, 2018, 10:01:51 PM
Reply #481

KoemansNumberTens

What sort of money do red bull normally spend on players? Is it likely theyll come with a big bid

May 12, 2018, 10:04:51 PM
Reply #482

Lxxx

Well missed though when up until Walcott our wingers have been as shit as....although Bolasie still is shite ...was brilliant in memory while injured .

Hope to fuck we can keep this kid and fuck Sam off cos they won't both be here next season that's for sure .

Hes a positive by product of a lost season, by not being here.
His development, in terms of his use to us now next season and his increased value, far outweighs paying Sam off, which is a sweet irony.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 10:09:51 PM by Lxxx »

May 12, 2018, 10:30:47 PM
Reply #483

Bluedylan

What sort of money do red bull normally spend on players? Is it likely they’ll come with a big bid

They're about to pocket 60 mil for Keita, so money won't be an issue.

Still think we'll keep him, and any new manager (fingers crossed!) would want him staying.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

May 12, 2018, 10:34:17 PM
Reply #484

Ross

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

May 12, 2018, 10:36:49 PM
Reply #485

KoemansNumberTens

Still think we'll keep him, and any new manager (fingers crossed!) would want him staying.

I think we will. In this market I think wed want a huge chunk of that 60m even if we were open to selling him. I get the impression they like to find young talent cheap and sell high. I cant imagine them coming with a 40m plus offer for lookman. The good thing is his form has possibly priced him out of a move at the moment anyway

May 12, 2018, 10:49:26 PM
Reply #486

sam of the south

It was obvious he was a player anyway, and Im hoping that Allardyces unwillingness to play him, dismissiveness towards his loan move to RB, and ambivalence towards a future transfer could be the things that hang him
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

May 13, 2018, 01:32:29 AM
Reply #487

Ridge

I think the loan worked well, Lookman wouldn't have got those goals or assists playing for Allardyce.

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/995361908864663552

May 13, 2018, 02:55:40 AM
Reply #488

toffee_scot

I'm happy for Lookman and glad he got the loan move away from the current Everton manager's regime.

By next season I'm hoping that he will have a more important part to play for Everton in a regime that actually promotes and encourages young attacking talent.

If he was to leave permanently because the current prehistoric football management setup at the club won't recognise this talent then that will be unforgivable.

May 13, 2018, 03:58:32 AM
Reply #489

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Would say they generally identify talents earlier than this, BUT, they have loaned him so clearly like him and hes then preformed.

Im worried to be honest, keep over almost anyone else in the squad is my thoughts at the moment.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 13, 2018, 04:08:14 AM
Reply #490

Evertonian in NC

Priority List:

1) Get Allardyce out
2) Get Walsh out
3) Get Lookman back in and settled
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

May 13, 2018, 04:14:15 AM
Reply #491

Bluedylan

Would say they generally identify talents earlier than this, BUT, they have loaned him so clearly like him and hes then preformed.

Im worried to be honest, keep over almost anyone else in the squad is my thoughts at the moment.

Yeah, I hear you, but ultimately we can just say 'no' if it comes down to it, and Lookman's not high profile enough to force our hand really.

A couple of people on twitter saying they spoke to him after today's game and that he's looking forward to getting back to Goodison (sans Allardyce presumably), and was apparently buzzing to see someone in an Everton shirt.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

May 13, 2018, 05:02:30 AM
Reply #492

velimski

Hes under contract. It's not his decision.

I asked whether he'd be keen to stay not whose decision it was.

Besides, a happy player under contract is much easier to keep hold of than an unhappy one.

May 13, 2018, 05:02:48 AM
Reply #493

Macca77

Why would he want to come back here, yes I know he's under contract like, but he's been treated like shite, I'd guess there'll be quite a few teams after him in the summer.

Hope he stays here though, he's a proper talent

May 13, 2018, 05:08:09 AM
Reply #494

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Yeah, I hear you, but ultimately we can just say 'no' if it comes down to it, and Lookman's not high profile enough to force our hand really.

A couple of people on twitter saying they spoke to him after today's game and that he's looking forward to getting back to Goodison (sans Allardyce presumably), and was apparently buzzing to see someone in an Everton shirt.

My hero
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.