July 20, 2018, 09:39:57 PM

Author Topic: Firmino/Holgate incident  (Read 18425 times)

January 06, 2018, 11:31:52 PM
Read 18425 times

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
They'll go back to his school report and see that he once got an F in his history mock about Slavery and the Middle Passage and claim he knows nothing about racism

You laugh but theyíve made him delete his Twitter for homophobic tweets from when he was aba 15, calling his mate a batty boy.

Would personally be very surprised if he said something racist, but said when I was watching it live thatís cleaely what Holgate thinks.

Maybe heís misheard puta but it does come after filho de puta.

Hopefully just a misunderstanding.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 08, 2018, 07:41:31 PM
Reply #1

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Iíd be very surprised if itís proven tbh, the mirror have said the ref has claimed to not have heard anything said etc.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 08, 2018, 09:49:29 PM
Reply #2

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
All the hilsborough stuff making me physically sick. Hate the idea blues would sing or shout anything about that but itís deffo an angle being persued by some reds.

January 08, 2018, 10:29:29 PM
Reply #3

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I took my son to the Goodison Derby a few years ago, he's a Red unfortunately. We were in the Gwladys upper tier. I have never heard so much vile spouted by Everton fans in my life about Hillsboro' and Heysel disasters. The language disgusted me and some of it was from young kids with their fathers. So much for the Blues and Reds sitting together in almost harmony. Not any more.

You heard blues in the upper g shouting about hilsborough? Surely surely surely not.

Iíve been to lots of derbies and have never heard anything like that.

January 09, 2018, 06:27:12 PM
Reply #4

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
The push was stupid, I remember there was a spate of them a year or two ago and Iím sure it ended in a ban for someone.

The alleged racism is a separate issue but I must say the reds arenít covering themselves with glory with how theyíre responding.

January 10, 2018, 01:23:26 PM
Reply #5

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Reckon Holgate will end up getting a ban and that will be that

January 11, 2018, 01:47:52 PM
Reply #6

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah it is very ugly that the twitter reds have hunted out some minor disgression from years ago in a bid to deflect and smear.

Some of the stuff online as well is particularly distasteful like, whole atmosphere since the derby has been horrible.

January 12, 2018, 06:58:11 PM
Reply #7

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Iím quite bad for pulling people up on here but stuff like this is just fucking mad isnít it. Been a die hard lefty since I was a kid and even I am starting to hate the constant crusade. Something self satisfactory about the whole thing.

January 13, 2018, 01:34:42 AM
Reply #8

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I hate the way the world is now, it's gone well too far the other way and this type of shit is an example. Hopefully the FA see sense and just ignore this and realise people change from how they were aged 15.

Can't go a day without seeing some sort of faux outrage over something.

The thing is tho - it hasn’t hasnt gone too far the other way, there are still people being discriminated against daily for being black, or gay, or a woman.

However as you say the profligacy of faux outrage is diluting it to the point were people do genuinely believe racism doesn’t exist or that women ‘have it better’ or whatever. Harmful, damaging stuff.

End of the day nobody is offended by this, it’s literally football twitter grasses.

February 22, 2018, 10:35:06 PM
Reply #9

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Since when did pushing someone into the crowd become such a big fucking deal as well btw?

Not great like but it’s hardly the assault the goblins are making out.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 10:37:41 PM by brap2 »

February 22, 2018, 11:34:17 PM
Reply #10

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Pushed him into an advertising hoarding. Not hard to see how that couldíve ended in an injury. It was idiotic, though in my opinion born out of Masonís anger at himself and loss of composure, rather than anything malicious. But if it happened to one of our players people on here wouldíve been frothing at the mouth demanding a red. 

Gobshitey move and wouldnít have blinked at a card but it wasnít exactly a two footer was it.