June 21, 2018, 06:20:41 AM

Author Topic: Firmino/Holgate incident  (Read 17845 times)

February 22, 2018, 06:00:09 AM
Reply #255

phillyt

Holgate absolutely felt he had heard something racist. The ref could have cleared this up straight away. He was stood between them. It’s fair to assume he knew exactly what was said. At the moment holgate said “he called me a n****r” the ref could have said “no he didn’t he said......”

The thing I’ve never understood about the claims he played the race card to avoid getting sent off is that with all the cameras there and the ref between them he would have “known” he would be caught out.
It’s nice though to see Liverpool and their fans completely exonerated though, it’s like none of them actually did racially abuse holgate afterwards or anything.
The cultists are pursuing the party line that he nearly killed firmino again which is laughable. Not to mention the “homophobic” tweets they dragged up. They will not be resting till he’s in prison for attempted murder and banned for life because of the tweets. 😂😂
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

February 22, 2018, 02:26:27 PM
Reply #256

sam of the south

I don’t think he was that cool. He’d lost his head, and was then for a moment pretending to be all innocent and quiet knowing he’d just done wrong to try and not get sent off. He was hardly chill.

I just don’t understand why everyone is so quick to assume Firminho said something racist, but finds it inconceivable Holgate would do something equally poor.

Why is one of them more likely to be the villain here then? Because he plays for Liverpool? Or because he’s foreign?

Both.

LFC have previous for supporting a player that used racist language, and even after he was charged with it, they STILL support him.

And he was South Anerican too, and I’ve known many South American’s, and the majority of those have flagrantly used racist language and phrases.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

February 22, 2018, 06:13:31 PM
Reply #257

Evertonian in NC

I believe Mason Holgate. Period, end of.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 22, 2018, 06:29:05 PM
Reply #258

Bluenose 91

Be interesting to see the handshakes before kick-off in the derby if they both start.

Holgate was very sure of what he heard at the time and to suggest he made up a racism claim on the spot to deflect from his push is honestly the maddest shout ever.

I reckon it's likely that he's misheard Firmino but he was 100% right to report it and some of the reactions to Holgate from their fans has been disgusting.

Especially when you consider the same thing happened to Rhian Brewster recently who was rightly commended for coming forward.  That was another situation where the ref ''didn't hear it''

February 22, 2018, 06:32:46 PM
Reply #259

Macca77

The backlash and abuse Holgate is now getting could act as a deterrent for any other young players who think they've been racially abused on the pitch.

February 22, 2018, 06:33:37 PM
Reply #260

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I believe Mason Holgate. Period, end of.
Bit off topic now but when I see your avatar it tells me how  Trump would like to see School teachers in the classroom, how scary is that !

February 22, 2018, 06:55:16 PM
Reply #261

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Bit off topic now but when I see your avatar it tells me how  Trump would like to see School teachers in the classroom, how scary is that !

You’d do your fuckin homework though, eh?

February 22, 2018, 07:04:10 PM
Reply #262

formerKHL

I would rather believe what ever was shouted was shouted by one of their "fans" in the crowd...

after all... and lets face it they're not the brightest bunch are they...the irony of calling one of our black players a fkking n***** when its one of their black players going after him, would be totally lost on them...

lets all move on....

February 22, 2018, 08:38:51 PM
Reply #263

Toddacelli

Can't go a day without seeing some sort of faux outrage over something.

It's not just that though bud - if something crosses your path it is one thing - everyone is entitled to think/feel whatever they want - it's the ones who look for it deliberately so they can cry (like you said) "faux outrage" because they enjoy it. The even more sinister side is - where they CHOOSE to look for it. These are not everyday 'oh this just happened to me' occurrences. These are targeted 'what can I find about this person/organisation/topic that will suit my already pre-ordained agenda?'

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

February 22, 2018, 08:56:12 PM
Reply #264

bacon sarnie

Good thing he didn't bite him with them teeth. Fuckin light sabres!

« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 08:57:25 PM by bacon sarnie »

February 22, 2018, 10:35:06 PM
Reply #265

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Since when did pushing someone into the crowd become such a big fucking deal as well btw?

Not great like but it’s hardly the assault the goblins are making out.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 10:37:41 PM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 22, 2018, 11:00:02 PM
Reply #266

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Since when did pushing someone into the crowd become such a big fucking deal as well btw?

Not great like but it’s hardly the assault the goblins are making out.

Pushed him into an advertising hoarding. Not hard to see how that could’ve ended in an injury. It was idiotic, though in my opinion born out of Mason’s anger at himself and loss of composure, rather than anything malicious. But if it happened to one of our players people on here would’ve been frothing at the mouth demanding a red. 

February 22, 2018, 11:34:17 PM
Reply #267

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Pushed him into an advertising hoarding. Not hard to see how that could’ve ended in an injury. It was idiotic, though in my opinion born out of Mason’s anger at himself and loss of composure, rather than anything malicious. But if it happened to one of our players people on here would’ve been frothing at the mouth demanding a red. 

Gobshitey move and wouldn’t have blinked at a card but it wasn’t exactly a two footer was it.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 23, 2018, 02:51:46 PM
Reply #268

Bluenose 91

As with anything that involves them it gets over exaggerated and a huge deal made out of it.

Mane's red card at City still gets brought up anytime someone slightly raises their boot ffs.

Not to go all tin foil hat but is it any surprise when they have such a big presence in the media with ex players etc

February 23, 2018, 03:01:10 PM
Reply #269

Toffee1

As with anything that involves them it gets over exaggerated and a huge deal made out of it.

Mane's red card at City still gets brought up anytime someone slightly raises their boot ffs.

Not to go all tin foil hat but is it any surprise when they have such a big presence in the media with ex players etc

It is the same when a team makes a comeback in a game - their win in Istanbul, is always the go to example but the Newcastle comeback against Arsenal is never mentioned.

This morning, on Radio 5, they were harping on about Eddie Jones comments about Scotland's stye of play, because they are still irked by his reaction to one of their interviewers a couple of weeks ago. However, it is never brought up how rude and difficult, Klopp has been in a number of interviews this season. Instead they always say, what a nice guy he is - the man is as rude as the best of them but gets away with it.

However, the only thing that hardly gets a mention/has been sanitised by the media, is Heysel.