September 17, 2019, 02:14:48 PM

Author Topic: Tottenham v Everton  (Read 24753 times)

January 14, 2018, 02:02:15 AM
Reply #30

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Lennon doesnít offer much at the top end so in an attempt to improve the attacking heís shoehorned Bolasie back in quicker than necessary, for me.

Think heís swayed a bit to public opinion to go for it a bit more instead of trying to kill the gameís completely.

Yeah, I get that, but it's not working.

January 14, 2018, 02:07:00 AM
Reply #31

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I seem to remember our form improved just around the same time he got injured last season.

Yeah, he wasn't bad in that early part of the season, but I don't think he was helping us as a team. Davies had the opportunity to come in and we looked so much more balanced, almost from the start.

January 14, 2018, 02:12:15 AM
Reply #32

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah I think he should have been kept for home games (or like Bournemouth with 3 DMs as security).

Yeah, he feels like a selective use player. Much as I'd say Rooney is too, if we're talking front line problems today he was a glaring issue for me. You can't see he hasn't contributed over the season so far, but I don't know...people say he brings "experience" in these games but this and the Liverpool game he was awful.

January 14, 2018, 02:12:48 AM
Reply #33

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
We had a goal disallowed surely a shot was on the end of it

Doesn't count stat wise.

January 14, 2018, 02:19:55 AM
Reply #34

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
On one hand I honestly havenít got a clue how to fix this, on the other, I just think we need better players in almost every position.

Moshiri said there would be a few bumps in the road but I wonder if he realises just he far off we are and that weíve gone backwards, because we have. If I was him Iíd literally sack everyone on the football side of things, bring in a top DoF and start again.

The alternative would be to gave the/a manager loads of time and money...

This is the root of the issue.

I've gone to really liking the side under 1st season wonder Martinez (Lukaku, Barkley, Deulofeu, Stones, Coleman etc) to really...I don't know what this is. The concerning thing for me is, I've usually had a favourite player in whatever side we put out (or even a good handful at certain times...Cahill, Arteta, Pienaar, etc, etc), but I couldn't tell you who that is right now...and that feels weird.

I don't really exude excitement for any of these players lining up. I mean, I still like them generally speaking, and I still have respect for certain players like Jagielka...but it feels different at the moment. Overall that feels like a pretty sad statement to make as a fan.

Anyone else struggling to with a favourite player these days or just me?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 02:21:10 AM by blueToffee »

January 14, 2018, 03:28:23 AM
Reply #35

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Doesnít help that all bar Jags and McCarthy today havenít been in the team for more than 18 months of which only about 6 of them have been positive!

Perhaps thatís part of it.

Even in our poorer days I usually had a player or two I looked forward to, everything feels so flat and unimaginative and it feels like weíre lacking a leader, a driving force. Odd considering the experience on show.