August 16, 2018, 05:02:57 PM

Author Topic: Tottenham v Everton  (Read 15360 times)

January 14, 2018, 01:48:00 AM
Reply #570

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
No
He totally isnt
He could simplify his game massively tho and be useful

Yep, looking for the overlap of the full back for one.

I think the injury stopped any hope of him being a major success here.

January 14, 2018, 01:48:22 AM
Reply #571

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Is bolasie that good? I've got my doubts tbh

Genuinely I think he's one of the reasons this current wobble is happening. I don't really know why we switched from Holgate and Williams when it was working, and I don't know why we took Lennon out when he puts in so much work which helps Kenny too.

We can't afford passengers and we have too many in the side right now, and Bolasie is one of the worst offenders.

January 14, 2018, 01:49:09 AM
Reply #572

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He certainly wasn't worth £27m when we bought him.

He was a decent premier league player which means we were always going to spend big money on him. That's our transfer strategy these days

January 14, 2018, 01:49:46 AM
Reply #573

Dr. Sponge

I switched off at 2-0. Completely outclassed.

January 14, 2018, 01:50:23 AM
Reply #574

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Is bolasie that good? I've got my doubts tbh

Itís his style thatís the issue for me.

When he just knocks it and crosses heís more effective.

January 14, 2018, 01:52:19 AM
Reply #575

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

I dont think he's a footballer
Got no awareness and wants to be a show pony when in reality if he uses his main assets, he doesn't look too bad
Simply simply lovely

January 14, 2018, 01:53:38 AM
Reply #576

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I don't know why we took Lennon out when he puts in so much work which helps Kenny too.

We can't afford passengers and we have too many in the side right now, and Bolasie is one of the worst offenders.

Lennon doesnít offer much at the top end so in an attempt to improve the attacking heís shoehorned Bolasie back in quicker than necessary, for me.

Think heís swayed a bit to public opinion to go for it a bit more instead of trying to kill the gameís completely.

January 14, 2018, 01:53:52 AM
Reply #577

Ari

"All we ever wanted was the money to compete. Weíve had it but wasted it to a spectacular degree and managed to go backwards. If you can step outside the frustration of it, itís actually quite amazing."

Lyndon Loyd.

January 14, 2018, 01:54:12 AM
Reply #578

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Genuinely I think he's one of the reasons this current wobble is happening. I don't really know why we switched from Holgate and Williams when it was working, and I don't know why we took Lennon out when he puts in so much work which helps Kenny too.

I seem to remember our form improved just around the same time he got injured last season.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

January 14, 2018, 01:54:35 AM
Reply #579

UnsyisaRhino

We were hanging on until the second and looked comfortable eithout threatening them...and then we tried to push forward a bit more and press higher and we got ripped to bits.

It's not just positionaly that we are unbalanced, the mix of youth, players in their prime and experience is way off....we have too many at either end of the scale.

January 14, 2018, 01:56:36 AM
Reply #580

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Think he could well have done with having a full season of a manager (and crowd) expecting a simpler game with more end product.

Career spent lower down has probably indulged his trick approach.

January 14, 2018, 02:02:15 AM
Reply #581

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Lennon doesnít offer much at the top end so in an attempt to improve the attacking heís shoehorned Bolasie back in quicker than necessary, for me.

Think heís swayed a bit to public opinion to go for it a bit more instead of trying to kill the gameís completely.

Yeah, I get that, but it's not working.

January 14, 2018, 02:04:18 AM
Reply #582

burkey17

O well 'the pack' have caught us up. 9th- we're having a laugh!
Ok fair enough Tottenham are a good team but that performance was abject. I was 'willing' to give him a chance...but this negative football is not for me. 5 shots in 6 games?! Dear me..... let the Season end and f him off in the Summer....!

January 14, 2018, 02:07:00 AM
Reply #583

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I seem to remember our form improved just around the same time he got injured last season.

Yeah, he wasn't bad in that early part of the season, but I don't think he was helping us as a team. Davies had the opportunity to come in and we looked so much more balanced, almost from the start.

January 14, 2018, 02:07:11 AM
Reply #584

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, I get that, but it's not working.

Yeah I think he should have been kept for home games (or like Bournemouth with 3 DMs as security).