August 21, 2018, 07:10:42 PM

Author Topic: Tottenham v Everton  (Read 15593 times)

January 14, 2018, 02:09:42 AM
Reply #585

Major Clanger

I don't mind if we defend with 10 men for 90 minutes, hoping to nick a goal from a set piece, but let's do it properly then.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

January 14, 2018, 02:09:54 AM
Reply #586

Lxxx

Thereís very little between 7th and 18th at the minute. Such a poor league and we have a manager who has spent his career in those 11 places. How did it get to this shite situation?

January 14, 2018, 02:10:15 AM
Reply #587

eugene

No goals.... Again
No shots on goal.... Again
A not horrendus first half... Again
A horrendus second half.... Again

I just happy Sam has got us a working defence again... Oh wait.
We had a goal disallowed surely a shot was on the end of it

January 14, 2018, 02:11:04 AM
Reply #588

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I don't mind if we defend with 10 men for 90 minutes, hoping to nick a goal from a set piece, but let's do it properly then.

Yes. Didnít do that at all today.

Certainly should have shut up shop for 10 mins after the second.

January 14, 2018, 02:12:05 AM
Reply #589

GrantyBoy78

On one hand I honestly havenít got a clue how to fix this, on the other, I just think we need better players in almost every position.

Moshiri said there would be a few bumps in the road but I wonder if he realises just he far off we are and that weíve gone backwards, because we have. If I was him Iíd literally sack everyone on the football side of things, bring in a top DoF and start again.

The alternative would be to gave the/a manager loads of time and money...

January 14, 2018, 02:12:15 AM
Reply #590

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah I think he should have been kept for home games (or like Bournemouth with 3 DMs as security).

Yeah, he feels like a selective use player. Much as I'd say Rooney is too, if we're talking front line problems today he was a glaring issue for me. You can't see he hasn't contributed over the season so far, but I don't know...people say he brings "experience" in these games but this and the Liverpool game he was awful.

January 14, 2018, 02:12:16 AM
Reply #591

Mayor Farnum

Thereís very little between 7th and 18th at the minute. Such a poor league and we have a manager who has spent his career in those 11 places. How did it get to this shite situation?

Because we all got giddy counting the money we were spending rather than looking at who we were spending it on?

January 14, 2018, 02:12:48 AM
Reply #592

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
We had a goal disallowed surely a shot was on the end of it

Doesn't count stat wise.

January 14, 2018, 02:15:06 AM
Reply #593

Ih8redshite

Nothing will ever change until changes are made at the top. We canít compete as we have a chairman who canít compete in the modern game. Nothing has improved since mid moyes era, admittedly he would prob still be here, the only reason he ainít is coz he fucked us off

January 14, 2018, 02:17:00 AM
Reply #594

TheTone

Sam has had a right go in the post match interview

Basically called the players bottlers , that it was the first time he's seen that since he arrived and now it's up to him to sort it

Starting tomorrow lads

January 14, 2018, 02:17:25 AM
Reply #595

Thomas

Nothing will ever change until changes are made at the top. We canít compete as we have a chairman who canít compete in the modern game. Nothing has improved since mid moyes era, admittedly he would prob still be here, the only reason he ainít is coz he fucked us off

Moshiri is as I keep repeating ,totally out of his depth and flatters to deceive. He accuses players of practicing voodoo, releases press releases via Jim White, (allegedly) needs a second source to fund the club (according to Panorama) and appoints two shit managers on big salaries as our coach.

Today we where wide open yet against Bournemouth and West Brom we play virtually 5 at the back, what is going on? 5 losess, leaking goals and not scoring any.

January 14, 2018, 02:17:34 AM
Reply #596

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
Complete garbage. Men against boys.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

January 14, 2018, 02:18:44 AM
Reply #597

Thomas

Because we all got giddy counting the money we were spending rather than looking at who we were spending it on?

In the words of one of Everton's favourite son's

'You have to buy a BALANCE' (Howard Kendall)

We didnt. Look at Albrighton at Leicester. Not flash, cost them nothing, but for the season they won the league, he fitted perfectly into their balance and made the whole team gel. We have a team of individuals.

January 14, 2018, 02:19:23 AM
Reply #598

Waltzer

I'm usually one to go off the deep end but some people have lost their shit on here. We set up okay today, came unstuck from a fortunate goal. I'm not saying we deserved anything but goals change games and they had 1 offside and 2 resulted from miss hit shots. Yes we werent good enough and neither is Sam long term, but he's only been here a short amount of time, he hasn't inherited man city's squad, more one of the worst attacking lineups Everton have ever had. I still go back to the shambles of a summer we had, we cannot let that happen again, ever, if we want to progress and until we sort ourselves out off the field we'll never be good on it.

January 14, 2018, 02:19:55 AM
Reply #599

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
On one hand I honestly havenít got a clue how to fix this, on the other, I just think we need better players in almost every position.

Moshiri said there would be a few bumps in the road but I wonder if he realises just he far off we are and that weíve gone backwards, because we have. If I was him Iíd literally sack everyone on the football side of things, bring in a top DoF and start again.

The alternative would be to gave the/a manager loads of time and money...

This is the root of the issue.

I've gone to really liking the side under 1st season wonder Martinez (Lukaku, Barkley, Deulofeu, Stones, Coleman etc) to really...I don't know what this is. The concerning thing for me is, I've usually had a favourite player in whatever side we put out (or even a good handful at certain times...Cahill, Arteta, Pienaar, etc, etc), but I couldn't tell you who that is right now...and that feels weird.

I don't really exude excitement for any of these players lining up. I mean, I still like them generally speaking, and I still have respect for certain players like Jagielka...but it feels different at the moment. Overall that feels like a pretty sad statement to make as a fan.

Anyone else struggling to with a favourite player these days or just me?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 02:21:10 AM by blueToffee »