December 13, 2018, 05:15:01 AM

Author Topic: Tottenham v Everton  (Read 18436 times)

January 14, 2018, 03:00:04 AM
Reply #615

Ridge

We're back to it being the players fault, excellent news.

January 14, 2018, 03:01:28 AM
Reply #616

Ih8redshite

Itís the whole Everton club from the top down

January 14, 2018, 03:02:48 AM
Reply #617

ally2

No, its some blaming Allardyce.  Which is absolutely fucking bizarre.

January 14, 2018, 03:03:44 AM
Reply #618

Ridge

No, its some blaming Allardyce.  Which is absolutely fucking bizarre.

Yeah, he's just at the side of the pitch, he doesn't do any of the kicking or running.

January 14, 2018, 03:28:23 AM
Reply #619

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Doesnít help that all bar Jags and McCarthy today havenít been in the team for more than 18 months of which only about 6 of them have been positive!

Perhaps thatís part of it.

Even in our poorer days I usually had a player or two I looked forward to, everything feels so flat and unimaginative and it feels like weíre lacking a leader, a driving force. Odd considering the experience on show.

January 14, 2018, 03:29:33 AM
Reply #620

indiantoffee1975

Its the coward supporters that we are that have played a part in manifesting the status of this club where it is today. 30 years of negligence is embarrassing. Why we have not acted like kopites is what I want to know.

January 14, 2018, 03:30:54 AM
Reply #621

bluenuck

4 coaches in what? 3 1/2 seasons... and the same shit being delivered since the start of RM's second season.

January 14, 2018, 03:37:13 AM
Reply #622

Ih8redshite

I was born in 79, so have vague memories of the glory days of the 80ís. Just asking but has it ever been this bad? Not just talking about Everton but the league as a whole, the point being that has it ever been so uncompetitive. There is the elite where the top four become a thing which has now evolved Into the top 6, surely the point of being in the league is to win it. Football is becoming a chore and that in my eyes is that itís on its way out unless things change, maybe itís too late for a change. How can any supporter be happy watching any club outside the top 6 getting twatted week in week out by he elite, or parking the bus as we have been guilty of in the hope of a point or a snide win, losing interest myself, maybe it will catch on!

January 14, 2018, 03:50:19 AM
Reply #623

Major Clanger

This is the root of the issue.

I've gone to really liking the side under 1st season wonder Martinez (Lukaku, Barkley, Deulofeu, Stones, Coleman etc) to really...I don't know what this is. The concerning thing for me is, I've usually had a favourite player in whatever side we put out (or even a good handful at certain times...Cahill, Arteta, Pienaar, etc, etc), but I couldn't tell you who that is right now...and that feels weird.

I don't really exude excitement for any of these players lining up. I mean, I still like them generally speaking, and I still have respect for certain players like Jagielka...but it feels different at the moment. Overall that feels like a pretty sad statement to make as a fan.

Anyone else struggling to with a favourite player these days or just me?

There are very few players in our squad with a discernible character. Even if it's characteristic flaws, like Pienaar's mighty tackles, Cahill's silky one-touch passing, Yobo's concentration or Osman's legendary shooting power.

Instead we seem to have bought a bunch of bland, identikit meh-merchants. Maybe it feels that way because all the aforementioned players were also really good at something. There is a reason that players like Straq or Manny Fernandes are still idolised, and it isn't just that fans are stupid.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

January 14, 2018, 04:18:26 AM
Reply #624

WeimaranerBlues

not anti-sam or pro sam  -   its the old dilemna of he picks the team and its their fault -  then its his tactics etc, 

for me the gulf in the top 6 is massive,

everyone one else are mediocre to varying degrees of shite from game to game.

on another note , not sure if been said but sam reckons we need to be more boring
Everton boss Sam Allardyce thinks Everton may need to play a more boring level of football in order to be more defensive and keep clean sheets.
can't get much more with 5 shots in 6 games,

we are always going to have to score the first goal in every game with the player we have, under Sam

January 14, 2018, 04:41:13 AM
Reply #625

bogie

4 coaches in what? 3 1/2 seasons... and the same shit being delivered since the start of RM's second season.

get this man a pint he gets it

January 14, 2018, 04:54:07 AM
Reply #626

Mayor Farnum

I was born in 79, so have vague memories of the glory days of the 80ís. Just asking but has it ever been this bad? Not just talking about Everton but the league as a whole, the point being that has it ever been so uncompetitive. There is the elite where the top four become a thing which has now evolved Into the top 6, surely the point of being in the league is to win it. Football is becoming a chore and that in my eyes is that itís on its way out unless things change, maybe itís too late for a change. How can any supporter be happy watching any club outside the top 6 getting twatted week in week out by he elite, or parking the bus as we have been guilty of in the hope of a point or a snide win, losing interest myself, maybe it will catch on!

The world becoming a smaller place has meant that top teams now buy the best players in the world; thus widening the gap between themselves and the rest.
 Thirty years ago you would but the top player from Scotland or the Wales captain and it would give you hope for the season.
 Teams main form of income was gate receipts so the top five teams could cherry pick the players from the rest of the division. If a player wanted to make real money he had to play for a top team; a whole career, let alone one contract, at West Ham or Southampton would not set a player up financially for life as is the case today.
 But even in those days with our financial advantage we never really made it count. We would back a manager a one player at a time, breaking transfer records now and again, but never signing three or four at once to really challenge the top team. We also never showed any real ambition when it came to managers. Despite regularly being linked with the likes of Clough and Robson we always went for an up and coming manager, in my time it only worked once; Howard Kendall.
 I've never known Everton to be ambitious, even when we had more going for us than most teams. I go back to 1975.

January 14, 2018, 05:08:17 AM
Reply #627

Ravardo

Fuck you everton its hard being the only evertonian in the village sometimes especially when you in the pub full of spurs supporters,,,its great when we're winning but thats become so last year :headbang:

January 14, 2018, 05:19:29 AM
Reply #628

Ih8redshite

The world becoming a smaller place has meant that top teams now buy the best players in the world; thus widening the gap between themselves and the rest.
 Thirty years ago you would but the top player from Scotland or the Wales captain and it would give you hope for the season.
 Teams main form of income was gate receipts so the top five teams could cherry pick the players from the rest of the division. If a player wanted to make real money he had to play for a top team; a whole career, let alone one contract, at West Ham or Southampton would not set a player up financially for life as is the case today.
 But even in those days with our financial advantage we never really made it count. We would back a manager a one player at a time, breaking transfer records now and again, but never signing three or four at once to really challenge the top team. We also never showed any real ambition when it came to managers. Despite regularly being linked with the likes of Clough and Robson we always went for an up and coming manager, in my time it only worked once; Howard Kendall.
 I've never known Everton to be ambitious, even when we had more going for us than most teams. I go back to 1975.

Brilliant, appreciate the insight

January 14, 2018, 05:34:09 AM
Reply #629

Everton Mint

Ok today was poor second half but that second goal so early was a killer. But the first half was ok and showed some potential.

Tough run of games over now and we can rebuild confidence with some easier opponents. And we are still 9th.

Expecting to play great and take on top teams wasnt gonna happen already. Big Sam isnt a magician.