November 14, 2018, 06:13:25 AM

Author Topic: AGM  (Read 8671 times)

January 08, 2018, 09:37:25 PM
Read 8671 times

Simon Paul

Administrator
Not changed my address so didn't get notice. Can I still attend?

January 09, 2018, 12:12:47 AM
Reply #1

Simon Paul

Administrator
I'm away tonight and wasn't sure what time I'll be back tomorrow so haven't made plans

January 09, 2018, 09:22:21 PM
Reply #2

Simon Paul

Administrator
I should be able to make it , although last years was pretty boring

thought it was alright to be honest

Moshiri spoke well and even Koeman and Walsh were prepared to sit next to each other for a bit without spitting

my highlight was being told off for live Tweeting it

January 09, 2018, 09:33:25 PM
Reply #3

Simon Paul

Administrator
Just comparing it to previous years

The last year before Kenwright three his toys out the pram was good, free bar as well.

the last "real" AGM was limited to a few bottles of Chang on each table.  don't even get that at these Powerpoint presentation evenings

January 10, 2018, 12:06:22 AM
Reply #4

Simon Paul

Administrator
There's more to football, running a football club, and supporting a football club than winning trophies IMO.

there totally is

however, and it pains me to say this, I agree with @therealdunc here to an extent and feel that EitC is focused on a bit more than it could be

The focus of a football club is the success of it's first team - EVERYTHING ELSE is a distant second at best.

Last year they gave up probably 30% of the AGM time to speaking about EitC, and the only literature given out was a glossy booklet promoting their work - which is fantastic, don't get me wrong, but if a football club were a cake, then EitC would be the little bits of sugar that go on the top, not a whole layer to chew on.

anyway, not going tonight as anything that will be revealed will be revealed on Twitter and the official site either before or during the AGM, the same way the kit launches are done.

January 10, 2018, 01:18:29 AM
Reply #5

Simon Paul

Administrator
The bastard must be reading this forum

https://twitter.com/ALANMYERSMEDIA/status/950805480502423553

well he's blocked us on Tiwtter so he's not reading anything on there ;)

January 10, 2018, 01:19:04 AM
Reply #6

Simon Paul

Administrator
Its badly worded, they arnt funding it, they're gonna be guarantors

so the same as it was when they set up the funding vehicle in their name then?

January 10, 2018, 01:31:24 AM
Reply #7

Simon Paul

Administrator
made up I didn't go now if Moshiri has stood up and said "I read Sam's autobiography before we brought him in"

no images of a new stadium that is expected to be built in 3 and a half years is also a bit odd

January 10, 2018, 02:31:39 AM
Reply #8

Simon Paul

Administrator
He probably forgot that we did actually get a year extra from Lukaku

January 10, 2018, 02:34:18 AM
Reply #9

Simon Paul

Administrator
Interested to get an understanding of what extra backing he has given us that others before haven't? Not being pedantic, i just don't see it.

Clearing our debt probably did quite a bit for us

January 10, 2018, 02:40:17 AM
Reply #10

Simon Paul

Administrator
But he didn't did he? I thought he cleared the debt, with a loan from himself, so in theory were still in debt.?

With no repayment date set or interest payable. Much more favourable debt and not official so doesn't appear on credit ratings, making us more attractive to banks to lend to for stuff like stadiums

January 10, 2018, 02:33:26 PM
Reply #11

Simon Paul

Administrator
I like the bit where he says he feels betrayed by Jim White for sharing his texts and calls on Sky and Twitter, at the exact moment that type of thing needs sharing on Sky or Twitter to help PR

Mad as a box of frogs this fella.

January 10, 2018, 04:53:59 PM
Reply #12

Simon Paul

Administrator
This is a whole new level of having us off. Wtf.

We're believing this then?

January 10, 2018, 05:37:54 PM
Reply #13

Simon Paul

Administrator
Not saying i believe everything from the AGM. But other than it's absurd, is there another basis you doubt it?

I don't see any reason to believe it to be honest

"If you don't sell one of our best defenders then I'm leaving"

"If you don't show your ambition by selling a hot young prospect then I"m off"

there's also very little to suggest that Barkley and Stones were *that* close

it's a very odd thing to make up, but after dealing with this football club for so long, it's not the strangest thing that would have been concocted by the board. it's not really necessary either, but it helps put the final nail in the coffin of any respect our fanbase may have possibly had for the boy.

there's also the fact that Ross Barkley is properly thick, and yet this is the first suggestion of this story in over 18 months.  there is absolutely no way he would have been quiet about it if he wanted "his mate" to move to City so badly that he dodged his own contract negotiations.

there is already enough bad feeling towards Ross but Moshiri seemed to want the last word and to have the last dig.  I'm not buying the Stones thing, personally, but then again I don't need to. 

the club have been wanting to sell Ross for years - it was part of the mandate given to Martinez for a start - and are pissed off that he held out and the club didn't get the maximum fee.

January 10, 2018, 05:54:49 PM
Reply #14

Simon Paul

Administrator
I'm not particularly buying the Lukaku/mother thing either to be honest.

I've put it all in the same space as Kenwright's "I went to the big bank and begged to borrow 10p more".

I reckon it's all just hyperbole andtalking for the sake orf talking. Saying what thye think people want to hear.

definitely

it's also making sure there is enough doubt in people's minds for when Barkley tells his side of the story too....