November 17, 2018, 12:54:39 AM

Author Topic: Theo Walcott  (Read 27242 times)

January 13, 2018, 07:34:45 PM
Reply #255

efc1111

He is now favourite to join Southampton at 4/7 and us at 9/4 on Skybet.
That's a huge swing. We were 1/8 yesterday evening and the rest nowhere.

January 13, 2018, 07:38:46 PM
Reply #256

KoemansNumberTens

That's a huge swing. We were 1/8 yesterday evening and the rest nowhere.

They know nowt. Be a few hundred quid in bets that's moved the market

January 13, 2018, 07:40:08 PM
Reply #257

indiantoffee1975

I donít know what the NSNO concensus of Steve Walsh is, but to continue on from your point, Iím struggling to understand how he kept his job?

My guess is that he lives to fight another day. Should have been turfed out with Koeman. He will need to deliver this summer bigtime.

You don't need a DoF to bring in players like Williams, Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin, Keane, Pickford, Klaassen and Rooney.

Start unearthing the next Mahrez and Kante's and earning your doe.

January 13, 2018, 07:41:36 PM
Reply #258

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
With Sam's "one at a time" comment, if this isn't done by early next week I would move on.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

January 14, 2018, 02:12:35 AM
Reply #259

Thomas

Why is Sam trying to sign a winger when we already have them, and not concentrating on a LB?

January 14, 2018, 02:17:29 AM
Reply #260

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Why is Sam trying to sign a winger when we already have them, and not concentrating on a LB?

The ones we havenít arenít very good.

You can get by with very limited defenders if you make the team solid.

If youíre attackers arenít good thereís not much you can do, relatively.

January 14, 2018, 02:19:20 AM
Reply #261

Stumpy

Exactly.I can't believe the lack of urgency to get a left back in.It's paramount we get one just to get that fraud martina out of the side.

January 14, 2018, 02:25:20 AM
Reply #262

Thomas

The ones we havenít arenít very good.

You can get by with very limited defenders if you make the team solid.

If youíre attackers arenít good thereís not much you can do, relatively.

Bolasie for the moment is fine, Siggurdson/Rooney etc. We need another CF but christ sort out the LB position to link up with our wide men as without a combination any forward play is screwed and the wingers get pinned by 2 players.

January 14, 2018, 02:26:52 AM
Reply #263

Waltzer

Exactly.I can't believe the lack of urgency to get a left back in.It's paramount we get one just to get that fraud martina out of the side.
By his own admission Martina is surprised he has played so much.  He's doing his best he can as a right back playing left back, cut him some slack. It isn't his fault  the ineptitude at the club made him the only one available to play that position

January 14, 2018, 02:28:35 AM
Reply #264

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Bolasie for the moment is fine, Siggurdson/Rooney etc. We need another CF but christ sort out the LB position to link up with our wide men as without a combination any forward play is screwed and the wingers get pinned by 2 players.

Obviously Martina isnít ideal but Bolasie has scored 10 PL goals in his career (3 in one game too).

Sigurdsson is fine on the left and will get better with Baines (a left footer out there) but out and out wingers offer no guarantee of goals or assists. 

January 14, 2018, 02:29:43 AM
Reply #265

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
By his own admission Martina is surprised he has played so much.  He's doing his best he can as a right back playing left back, cut him some slack. It isn't his fault  the ineptitude at the club made him the only one available to play that position

Itís pointless scapegoating moaning about him all the time when others do worse in specific games.

Obviously heís not good enough

January 14, 2018, 02:31:17 AM
Reply #266

Heisenberg

This would be a pointless signing. I'd be happy enough not spending anymore money untill we get another manager in. Walcott will change nothing and be almost 30 by the time we get a new manager

January 14, 2018, 03:54:17 AM
Reply #267

Juanito

Looks like he is going to Southampton now anyway. Not a good player but I think he would improve us, simply because he would have to play Sigurdsson in his actual position.

January 14, 2018, 03:55:33 AM
Reply #268

Lxxx

Probably saw thatís shite today and decided to swerve. Donít blame him.

January 14, 2018, 03:59:59 AM
Reply #269

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Looks like he is going to Southampton now anyway. Not a good player but I think he would improve us, simply because he would have to play Sigurdsson in his actual position.

Says who?