May 27, 2018, 12:07:31 PM

Author Topic: Theo Walcott  (Read 23245 times)

January 11, 2018, 07:46:25 PM
Reply #60

KoemansNumberTens

Not unless its your money ...i really don't see the issue ...if the club think it's too much then fair enough 👍...but I'd doubt Walsh or Sam will be reading our input here before making decisions on finance ...this ain't FM .😅😅

Well then who shouldn't we sign. Everyone might be useful at some stage.

You simply can't discuss a potential signing without considering value.

Walcott for 50m and 200k a week?? You still a yes? 100m and 500k a week? Not your money remember

January 11, 2018, 09:28:33 PM
Reply #61

gizzblue

Walcott for 50m and 200k a week?? You still a yes? 100m and 500k a week? Not your money remember
Like I said isn't that the club's problem though ...by all means if you think he's shite say he's shite. and I will gladly applaud your view ,that's fair enough but to worry about his big wage is worse than being  a "net spend" whinger imho and as futile too ☺...unless of course your paying him out your own pocket.

January 11, 2018, 09:37:18 PM
Reply #62

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Walcott belongs in the Jack Wilshere category - overatted, overpaid, media darling, but shit and never fulfilling any potential.

Jack Wilshere is an absolute myth of a player

And would walk into our team and be the best midfielder with his feet tied together.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 09:38:29 PM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 11, 2018, 09:44:40 PM
Reply #63

gizzblue

Jack Wilshere is an absolute myth of a player

And would walk into our team and be the best midfielder with his feet tied together.
Id have him playing the way he's been the last ten games or so ....but that's probably all you will get for the best part of two seasons out of him now☺..could be a great addition to our treatment room though ....now Coleman is training .

January 11, 2018, 09:46:31 PM
Reply #64

Waltzer

I think you need to consider wages, im never really worried about the fee. The fee is just a figure someone is happy to pay and someone is happy to sell at, the wages can cause discontent within the ranks. I think there does need to be a structure within a team to keep that cohesion and im worried weve been a bit hap hazard in dishing out big contracts to players that aren't good enough and we'll struggle to shift.

January 11, 2018, 09:47:07 PM
Reply #65

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Id have him playing the way he's been the last ten games or so ....but that's probably all you will get for the best part of two seasons out of him now☺..could be a great addition to our treatment room though ....now Coleman is training .

For the price and wages itd be a bad idea because hes got injury and fitness and attitude problems (biftas) but hes well better than any CM weve got.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 11, 2018, 09:56:08 PM
Reply #66

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
In the majority here of not being overly keen. But I also know hed finish our top scorer for the next 2 seasons.

January 11, 2018, 10:05:16 PM
Reply #67

boothill

have we got anybody better than him at the moment ?

January 11, 2018, 10:05:21 PM
Reply #68

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
In the majority here of not being overly keen. But I also know hed finish our top scorer for the next 2 seasons.

I keep flip flopping Im really not sure.

End of the day, at his worst hes probably still better than say Mirallas or Lennon.

January 11, 2018, 10:44:11 PM
Reply #70

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Can't make my mind up on him
He is quick and direct and a decent finisher, something we have not got, however he is rarely fit and is prone to being, well, a bit shit too

Simply simply lovely

January 11, 2018, 10:46:04 PM
Reply #71

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Nahhhh. Can't see that myself.

January 11, 2018, 11:24:47 PM
Reply #72

therealdunc

Hes an ageing athlete, not a footballer
Blue

January 11, 2018, 11:44:00 PM
Reply #73

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber

The only people who can judge 'value' are the people within the club who put up the money and know what they are looking for.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

January 11, 2018, 11:44:58 PM
Reply #74

Alanvideo

It's going to be another Giroud where his wife has the final say
We are special ,we are Everton.