November 13, 2018, 06:11:01 AM

Author Topic: Theo Walcott  (Read 27104 times)

January 12, 2018, 04:49:11 PM
Reply #135

Lxxx

So, and i assume i must be massively wide of the mark here because it seems like nonsense:

We shouldn't buy good players because we don't have the calibre of players to play around them for them to continue being good?

That's not the point he made.

He's saying (I think) that the way Arsenal play always creates chances for their attacking players to get on the scoresheet. The way we play of late significantly hinders the chances of our front players getting on the scoresheet. Of course the better the players we sign the higher likelihood we'll offer more up top but it's not a given he'll replicate his stats here.

January 12, 2018, 04:52:50 PM
Reply #136

dangermouse

That's not the point he made.

He's saying (I think) that the way Arsenal play always creates chances for their attacking players to get on the scoresheet. The way we play of late significantly hinders the chances of our front players getting on the scoresheet. Of course the better the players we sign the higher likelihood we'll offer more up top but it's not a given he'll replicate his stats here.

I think that's a given but surely buying better players brings greater chance of success?
Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

January 12, 2018, 04:53:17 PM
Reply #137

ally2

I'm extremely whelmed

January 12, 2018, 04:54:14 PM
Reply #138

MmmblueBernard

So, and i assume i must be massively wide of the mark here because it seems like nonsense:

We shouldn't buy good players because we don't have the calibre of players to play around them for them to continue being good?

Not sure where your going with this Mick.

Iím not suggesting we shouldnít sign him.

Heís a better option than Niasse or anyone else for that matter apart from maybe Tosun.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

January 12, 2018, 04:58:19 PM
Reply #139

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Not sure where your going with this Mick.

Iím not suggesting we shouldnít sign him.

Heís a better option than Niasse or anyone else for that matter apart from maybe Tosun.

oki, i did start it off with a caveat saying i must have it wrong because it looke da lot like you were saying we shouldn't sign him.
@Lxxx cleared it up well though and i get where you were coming from now.

fwiw, i think Sigurdsson, Bolasie and Rooney are all capable of feeding/creating space & chances for Walcott. I think his very presence & movement will raise Schneiderlin as well to be fair.

But yeah, he is never, ever getting 19 goals in our team as it stands.
but, he will get into double figures over a season and gives Walsh/Allardyce a piece of good looking jigsaw to work with in the summer when identifying targets.

January 12, 2018, 05:02:02 PM
Reply #140

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
For it to be mentioned by Sam means it's pretty much done.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 12, 2018, 05:24:19 PM
Reply #141

The Analog Kid

What does it mean for the likes of Lennon and Vlasic though?

January 12, 2018, 05:27:58 PM
Reply #142

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
So this is happening then
Simply simply lovely

January 12, 2018, 05:29:42 PM
Reply #143

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber

That they're getting moved down the pecking order.

Buying players that are better than the ones we have should never be stopped because we feel bad on the existing players.

January 12, 2018, 05:35:37 PM
Reply #144

mikey_blue

I reckon he's going to play him wide or up top in a 442. Lennon will be making way, there has been interest in him lately. 

January 12, 2018, 05:37:25 PM
Reply #145

Cereal Killer

I'd say Vlasic would be the bench option for wing, Lookman out on loan and Lennon as backup for any injuries/bans then released when his contract is up at the end of the season.....

January 12, 2018, 05:41:16 PM
Reply #146

Macca77

He could turn our fab 4 into the fantastic 5

No?

Ok then
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 05:56:47 PM by Macca77 »

January 12, 2018, 05:42:09 PM
Reply #147

Lxxx

Swapping Walcott for Lennon, Bolasie for Sig (moving him inside) and Tosun for DCL means the front three look a lot more threatening and we can actually play on the counter attack again with a bit of presence and pace up top. I'm coming round to the idea now.

January 12, 2018, 05:51:22 PM
Reply #148

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Walcott, bolasie, Sigurdsson is a very good midfield attacking three.

It's got everything you want. Add Rooney into the mix as well.

January 12, 2018, 05:52:49 PM
Reply #149

The Analog Kid

I forgot about Lookman as well, fuckin ell.