October 20, 2018, 05:11:09 AM

Author Topic: Theo Walcott  (Read 26636 times)

January 12, 2018, 05:56:50 PM
Reply #150

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I love the way we're all trying to justify it now lol.

For 20 mill though, it's a no brainer.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

January 12, 2018, 06:04:25 PM
Reply #151

MIG

I'm actually pretty excited by this, been a Walcott fan for a long time. 
I see the risk and I get that the price may be too big but this is the type of signing I want to see.  I think he is a step up from what we have, is direct with pace and good finishing.  Him and Bolasie either side of the striker will create chances.

January 12, 2018, 06:05:18 PM
Reply #152

Juanito

Just asked a season ticket holder at Arsenal. He said “rapid, no brain, too nice”

January 12, 2018, 06:08:26 PM
Reply #153

Lxxx

Just asked a season ticket holder at Arsenal. He said “rapid, no brain, too nice”

He does look like he's shitting his pants when he has more than a split second to think about what he's going to do but if that split second is in the penalty area on the end of a through ball from Rooney/Sig then I'll take it as he's actually not a bad finisher.

January 12, 2018, 06:10:50 PM
Reply #154

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

He's better than Niasse, Lennon (and Mirallas).

We're not going to get a Kane, or Sanchez (just yet).

Hes 28, fairly proven, and will get us goals and give us an actual threat of pace. So if his fitness is kind to us, then hes a good improvement for our attacking options, imo.

Sorry to all those who are expecting Messi, but it's a yes from me.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 06:12:12 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

January 12, 2018, 06:17:19 PM
Reply #155

gizzblue

I imagine you have some really interesting opinions on net spend too.
Not really I don't work in the financial department at Everton or for Moshiri ...so in 'reality' it means nowt to me or any supporter really .👍..as im not balancing the books and not working towards financial fair play rules .

January 12, 2018, 06:23:15 PM
Reply #156

Bigjmill

Didn't Walcott have an issue with playing wide or was that just the media (or I am making it up). I always had it in my head that if he moved it would be to play up front.
REMOVED FOOTER TO SHUT Sir Stealth Up !

January 12, 2018, 06:25:12 PM
Reply #157

loroloco

I'm actually pretty excited by this, been a Walcott fan for a long time. 
I see the risk and I get that the price may be too big but this is the type of signing I want to see.  I think he is a step up from what we have, is direct with pace and good finishing.  Him and Bolasie either side of the striker will create chances.

agreed. however he seems to be a bit of a dick at times and i could foresee a situation where he thinks he´s too good for us and starts making demands that he wants to play up front and all that nonsense. personally i still think we´re a mid table team and need players that are up for a fight from time time, as well as them having the talent. i don´t think he´s the type. having the right characters is crucial. i wish him all the best in blue if he comes though and hope to be proved wrong.

January 12, 2018, 06:26:54 PM
Reply #158

Waltzer

Lennon has been a good servant, but hes out of contract in the summer and nowhere near good enough as a player, he seems like a nice bloke and all, but what happens to him really shouldnt affect our pursuit of Walcott.
Im more concerned about Lookman and Vlasic, but you'd hope they'd try to raise their own games to the new challenge that lies ahead, if they dont want to then why would we want them to stick around anyway?

January 12, 2018, 06:28:13 PM
Reply #159

Tinga

I'd rather play him as a striker in all honesty.

January 12, 2018, 06:31:41 PM
Reply #160

Bluenose 91

Unimaginative but will prove to be a decent signing I reckon.

Walcott Sigurdsson Bolasie

Tosun

For the first time in a while that looks like a balanced attack.

Providing this Tosun isn't dog shit like.

January 12, 2018, 06:32:58 PM
Reply #161

Waltzer

Didn't Walcott have an issue with playing wide or was that just the media (or I am making it up). I always had it in my head that if he moved it would be to play up front.

He said he sees himself as a striker, Wenger rarely used him there. What it does emphasis is the fact that he'll give us options, which is another positive.

January 12, 2018, 06:33:56 PM
Reply #162

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

I'm not getting too wet over it, but it is an improvement on what we have. Him and Bolasie wide, and Coleman coming back, and hopefully a new fast left back (here's hoping) would be a huge pace improvement over our oil tanker style of play we've suffered recently.

January 12, 2018, 06:39:00 PM
Reply #163

eugene

I believe he would be a cracking signing, just hope he is over his injuries all we need is to ship out sick notes McCarthy Besic just to inherit a new one.

January 12, 2018, 06:42:42 PM
Reply #164

Bluedylan

Deeply, deeply unimaginative.

Also very short-term thinking.

Another nice player who goes missing when it's a fight, and who has no edge or snide to his game, things that we've lacked.

I don't believe 'is he better than what we have?' should be the defining criteria because every other winger in the league has a better goal scoring record than Aaron Lennon over the last two seasons, but that doesn't mean we should sign them.

We should be looking at players like Lozano or Pavon. The next generation of superstar wingers. Theo will need replacing and moving on in 18 months probably.

Also we need more players with football intelligence. He is severely lacking.

Anyway, that's my view and I'll leave it at that and not badger people with it.

I'll submit a full apology and retraction later on the season when he's banging them in for us.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.