November 15, 2018, 06:59:30 PM

Author Topic: Theo Walcott  (Read 27191 times)

January 12, 2018, 10:10:42 PM
Read 27191 times

themilkycoffees

On one hand, Walcott is a pretty good player and a decent addition to the squad. On the other, I'm worried he's not good enough to take us to the next level and his signing will ensure that two of our most exciting young players in Lookman and Vlasic get far less playing time. Surely with the season being pretty much over, given we're going to finish somewhere between 7th and 11th, it would be better to play the young lads.

January 16, 2018, 08:31:04 PM
Reply #1

themilkycoffees

I do wonder how all those teams he kept up did so without ever playing attacking football?
What a load of rubbish not based on any of the evidence

Lookman and Vlasic didnít get a look in under Koeman and Unsy, but of course itís big sams fault they are not ready for first team football.

I must be watching different matches as every time rooney goes off, Sigurdsson goes central. But as you say it Ďneverí happens.

But as you say, itís all about ho you feel - when you footballing opinions are based on feelings not facts, you need to have a word with yourself

It can seem he's being blamed for everything when in reality he's not. The chronic lack of shots on target/shots at all is very worrying though. There does seem to be a lack of any sort of tactics when we're going forward which is probably why people are getting frustrated at Sigurdsson playing out of position and attacking players like Vlasic and Lookman being overlooked.