September 24, 2019, 03:36:39 PM

Author Topic: Theo Walcott  (Read 33282 times)

January 11, 2018, 11:44:00 PM
Read 33282 times

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Well then who shouldn't we sign. Everyone might be useful at some stage.

You simply can't discuss a potential signing without considering value.

Walcott for 50m and 200k a week?? You still a yes? 100m and 500k a week? Not your money remember
The only people who can judge 'value' are the people within the club who put up the money and know what they are looking for.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

January 12, 2018, 12:59:50 AM
Reply #1

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
So what are we commenting on here? What's the point. Just start a topic and everyone can write whatever the club decides underneath

Isn't that what a forums for to put ourselves in their position and give our opinions.

I mean what do you think of Niasse? Same as the coaching staff. Any opinion on the new stadium. Ask the architect? We best shut the forum down
People can have an opinion of what type of player he is, an opinion of his temperament, what he might bring to the squad and a million other things but the only people who JUDGE value are the people within the club who put up the money and know what THEY are looking for.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

January 13, 2018, 06:20:32 PM
Reply #2

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Walcott will give us more than Lookman like (at the moment), he needs a season playing every week somewhere.

I know it's a bit of a basic way of thinking but I just don't see the point in signing players that aren't good enough for the top six in order to try and get there ourselves.
That's where you meet the reality of building a team. Too many of us have an expectation that we should only buy the absolute 'elite' players and that is impossible to achieve for all sorts of reasons. But if one keeps improving then one's recruitment improves as well until you reach the point where the 'Messi's' of this world start to find us an attractive proposition.
I agree with mikey_blue there will certainly be more 'Walcotts' to come before we start seeing the 'Agueros'.
The frustrating part of watching us at the moment is the impatience many of us have. We talk ourselves down too much. Overall our situation is improving - if you don't think so look at the teams outside the top 5 and ask 'are they on the way to the top?'  I can't see it. Leicester did it for one season and that fluke event does give other teams hope, but season after season at the top? I don't think so.
There is a lot of pleasure and satisfaction in watching a good team develop but we seem to have lost that in favour of wanting and expecting we can have it all now, now, now.
Life isn't like that.