October 18, 2019, 08:46:04 AM

Author Topic: Theo Walcott  (Read 33688 times)

January 13, 2018, 06:28:53 PM
Read 33688 times

.Rimbo.

Walcott will add some pace and a goal threat which is very lacking at the moment.

However, do we really need another player at his peak/about to decline?

It just seems weíre getting led down the garden path; selling our young talents like Lukaku, Deulofeu, Stones and Barkley only to replace them with players that will need to be replaced again in 3/4 years.

January 13, 2018, 06:45:43 PM
Reply #1

.Rimbo.

I can kind of see the value in bringing in some experienced players, if we take the view that we'll be losing Williams, Jags, Baines and Rooney within the next 18 months and replacing them with longer term replacements. This will then leave us with very few senior pros at the club and you do need a good mix of ages and experience levels.
I'm going round and round in circles on this one but if we get him for a decent price and Moshiri thinks the numbers work then I suppose on balance it's probably a decent signing, as long as we have plans in place to enable Lookman and Vlasic to progress to give them the best possible opportunity to eventually take over.

Weíll also need to replace Rooney in 18 months and start thinking about replacements for Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin (whoíll both be around 30). Players who combined cost us around £80million in the last 12 months.

We donít have a bottomless pit of money or sellable assets. And we donít have mouth-watering commerical revenue streams (sorry to sound like The Esk) to sustain this level of spending.

There is no medium or long term planning in our recruitment.

January 13, 2018, 06:48:51 PM
Reply #2

.Rimbo.

The scouting system is clearly shit since Moyes left. We'll continue to take cast offs from the top 6 clubs and achieve nothing.

I donít know what the NSNO concensus of Steve Walsh is, but to continue on from your point, Iím struggling to understand how he kept his job?