September 17, 2019, 04:34:14 AM

Author Topic: Theo Walcott  (Read 33046 times)

January 10, 2018, 05:06:08 AM
Read 33046 times

ally2

Please do not sign Walcott!

January 12, 2018, 04:53:17 PM
Reply #1

ally2

I'm extremely whelmed

January 12, 2018, 07:13:26 PM
Reply #2

ally2

It's annoying as there are so many clubs around Europe that play good football with very good players that they pick up for peanuts. It annoys me that the English game is seen as a money pit, and it annoys me further that we are paying an active part in it (compared to a team like Southampton for example).

On the other hand Allardyce may feel under pressure to deliver results to the owner and the fans so I can understand why he would be happy with this deal.

January 13, 2018, 04:39:33 AM
Reply #3

ally2

Oh jeez. I'm starting to somehow convince myself that he'd be a really good signing. What has happened to me?  I'm so disappointed in myself.

January 13, 2018, 06:36:54 PM
Reply #4

ally2

Walcott's finest hour was probably when he was terrifying Barca at the nou camp on the right wing, then second was probably his hat trick for England as a kid. He is still capable of that in my opinion but his career is a mess at the moment.

A manager will always think that they can get a tune out of a player when someone else can't. It's not necessarily anyone's fault that he has stagnated but arsenal is a very weird club in that they want to push development but are hamstrung by the demand to succeed because of such financial strength. Basically they've never found that balance or Wenger hasn't been decisive enough to commit to a successful team above all else. The result is bunch of players who, unless they are supremely talented, end up in and out of the team, and I think players like Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain have suffered most.

I'd be happy with a loan with a view to buy in the summer but it looks like that isn't on the cards. On the other hand, I think this might drag but that's OK - we are in a relationship strong position for once because of the state of Arsenal and Walcott's career. We can afford to drive a hard bargain, but Walcott must be committed enough to drop wages and want to play. If he does that then great, but if there's any doubt then we should run a mile.

January 15, 2018, 03:36:28 AM
Reply #5

ally2

He had a few decent games, the rest of the time he frustrated the life out of everyone.

I'm getting confused here over who at Everton I should hate most so I need help.  It's weird because I consider myself a supporter.  I'll call myself a follower of Everton woes instead.

January 16, 2018, 05:14:44 PM
Reply #6

ally2

I'm hardly doing cart wheels over this. Someone on the phone-in after the Arsenal-Forest game described Walcott as "Pathetic" haha. On the other side of the coin Allardyce loves a good restoration project, and he would improve our first 11 no doubt. He needs a new environment. It could work wonders. Just hope he tones down the social media selfie stuff a little bit.

January 17, 2018, 06:18:30 AM
Reply #7

ally2

Slightly concerned that he will have more onus on him to create and score in a team with so little other attacking quality. He'll be one of our main threats whereas at Arsenal the opposition would have to worry about all areas of the pitch. I think that lack of attacking balance may be why we have suffered so much from the full back situation this season. He does know pressure and expectation though, so hopefully he can do the job.