November 16, 2018, 06:20:25 PM

Author Topic: Theo Walcott  (Read 27232 times)

January 12, 2018, 09:06:06 PM
Read 27232 times

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Deeply, deeply unimaginative.

Also very short-term thinking.

Another nice player who goes missing when it's a fight, and who has no edge or snide to his game, things that we've lacked.

I don't believe 'is he better than what we have?' should be the defining criteria because every other winger in the league has a better goal scoring record than Aaron Lennon over the last two seasons, but that doesn't mean we should sign them.

We should be looking at players like Lozano or Pavon. The next generation of superstar wingers. Theo will need replacing and moving on in 18 months probably.

Also we need more players with football intelligence. He is severely lacking.

Anyway, that's my view and I'll leave it at that and not badger people with it.

I'll submit a full apology and retraction later on the season when he's banging them in for us.

I like Walcott. However, it does smack of the same limited thinking behind the Sigurdsson move, which had similar issues. I don't blame Allardyce as clearly and for good reason (his contract) is thinking short term, so this is all at Walsh's door. He does (for me) get leeway for this one as I think he has enough in his locker for a good few years of service, but we simply have to get better at targeting the type of up and coming players that are that next stage beyond the likes of Lookman, who I feel is a year or two shy in his development of what we need and it does him no good sitting on the bench.

January 14, 2018, 03:59:59 AM
Reply #1

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Looks like he is going to Southampton now anyway. Not a good player but I think he would improve us, simply because he would have to play Sigurdsson in his actual position.

Says who?

January 15, 2018, 12:01:01 AM
Reply #2

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Anyone how well walcott did today coming on as a sub?

Only ended up seeing a few mins after he came on, but he didnít receive the ball that much. Got into a couple of decent positions but player with the ball didnít pass. Couple of offsides when he was trying to run in behind.

Really, nothing you could judge from that. I didnít see the FA Cup game sadly.

January 16, 2018, 11:10:31 PM
Reply #3

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Where does Walcott fit into our side?

Odd signing.

He replaces someone up front, because he's better than what we have. Not Tosun, so that leaves 1 of 3 at the moment...take your pick.

Could well be Bolasie in the short term.