September 23, 2018, 06:22:42 AM

Author Topic: Theo Walcott  (Read 25911 times)

January 15, 2018, 02:28:49 AM
Reply #300

hannu

Iím trying to work out which ones Bob Dylan.

Bob Dylan is the shit one

January 15, 2018, 02:32:09 AM
Reply #301

Trowel

Walcott is a clever sprinter who learned to toe poke forward or pass to the left at 15. Bolasie is one of the most technically gifted players to play in the PL, he just hasn't done much with it.
I'm one of the most technically gifted lovers in the world.

I just haven't done much with it.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

January 15, 2018, 02:36:48 AM
Reply #302

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I'm struggling to think of better dribblers we've had at club in my memory and effective dribblers are worth their weight in gold. In terms of being able to do tricks and incorporate them into the running path, it takes a level of touch and improvisation that very few players possess. Christiano Ronaldo was a show pony that became productive. Some players need to beat opponents half a dozen times because they can't get away from them, some just can't stop taking the piss, until they decide they want to be more effective.

Bolasie's final ball is often shocking, decision making near opposition goal is dire, but in terms of his skill on the ball, pace to go past a man, strength to hold a player off, there are not many who influence a game as strongly as he does. In terms of efficiency Walcott is highly clinical, Bolasie is highly inefficient, despite similar outputs in recent years. But Bolasie contributes far more to outside of assists and goals, working out of possession, moving the team out of trouble, but also in terms of movement and passing.

We've been crying out all season for someone who wants the ball, run at players, make something or create space for others to do so. Barkley and Bolasie averaged about 3 dribbles a game in recent seasons. This season only Niasse, Lookman and Vlasic average atleast 1 and they've not got many minutes and only 2 assists between them.

Spurs tend to use Dembele as the player who can hold off players, he runs forward as an extra man with Eriksen left t create. While players like Hazard, Mahrez, Sanchez have very little in the way of defensive responsibility. But they all provide a safe passage for the ball through the opposition midfield and onto defence. Think of it like US Football, we end up chucking long passes, because we have no short passing game, because we have no running game. When you lose an ability, your opponent doesn't have to cover that eventuality. Even if they do cover it, you're not going to break the lines without incisive passing or reliable routes, we have neither.

I think the problem is youíve said technically gifted. Generally people think of technical ability they donít just think beat a man, they think bergkamp, zidane, de bruyne.

I absolutely agree that he is a good ball carrier and something weíve desperately missed wibut hour Barkley. E.g the play down the left against MU when he stood two players up and knocked it past them in quick succession and suddenly turned defence into attack - absolutely fantastic he should do that as much as possible. Stand them up then go, very few can stick with him. But to be honest, I enjoy his flicks and tricks itís great to watch, just wish he would be more productive and efficient with his style.

Re: technical ability - itís definitely a factor, but Iíd argue Bolassie is probably more like something on the Adama Traore scale of exception that proves the rule than any of the others :

https://twitter.com/rfahy00/status/951053118409773057
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 15, 2018, 02:38:28 AM
Reply #303

mikey_blue

I'm one of the most technically gifted lovers in the world.

I just haven't done much with it.

My new tinder bio.

January 15, 2018, 02:42:37 AM
Reply #304

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Bolasie was our best player before he got injured last season. Haven't seen enough to judge him properly yet.

Yes but problem was heíd only scored one goal at that point.

Heís not bad but itís just very unlikely that heís going to start producing numbers that make you sit up and take notice.

January 15, 2018, 03:01:58 AM
Reply #305

Dr. Sponge

Bolasie was our best player before he got injured last season. Haven't seen enough to judge him properly yet.

I thought he was rubbish tbh. He scored that one goal where he took charge of the ball when he and Lukaku were through on goal, but apart from that he lost the ball half the time he got it.

He was the same for Palace as well. Does something amazing with the ball every now and then but in the main, he's poop

January 15, 2018, 03:16:57 AM
Reply #306

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
He's neither Simon Davies or Andrei Kanchelskis he's somewhere in between.

January 15, 2018, 03:24:34 AM
Reply #307

TheTone

Great director of footballing from Walsh, must have spent months scouting this lad

January 15, 2018, 03:31:56 AM
Reply #308

duncandisorderly

He had a few decent games, the rest of the time he frustrated the life out of everyone.

January 15, 2018, 03:33:05 AM
Reply #309

Ridge

I think the problem is youíve said technically gifted. Generally people think of technical ability they donít just think beat a man, they think bergkamp, zidane, de bruyne.

I absolutely agree that he is a good ball carrier and something weíve desperately missed wibut hour Barkley. E.g the play down the left against MU when he stood two players up and knocked it past them in quick succession and suddenly turned defence into attack - absolutely fantastic he should do that as much as possible. Stand them up then go, very few can stick with him. But to be honest, I enjoy his flicks and tricks itís great to watch, just wish he would be more productive and efficient with his style.

Re: technical ability - itís definitely a factor, but Iíd argue Bolassie is probably more like something on the Adama Traore scale of exception that proves the rule than any of the others :

Traore is more Walcott for me, but he hasn't learned to pass or shoot yet, once you've learned to outrun someone, what more do you need. Niasse is more productive than Walcott, and also demonstrates how difficult it is to run with the ball at pace, while trying to do more than go in a straight line or go through players.

Bolasie is carrying the ball past oncoming traffic, squared up, while tap dancing sideways, sleight of foot with either foot. He's patting his stomach, rubbing his head, performing the riverdance and then miskicking it out of play. But when he's confident and has his rhythm multiple opponents can't live with him. At the moment it's 'on his day', but once he gets back up to speed, his day will become more often.

He always wants the ball and rarely loses it, often carries it huge distances, its a pretty rare trait for a footballer at this level and hard to do consistently. I wouldn't compare Bolasie to Zidane, De Bruyne, Bergkamp, in terms of productivity atm, or in terms of passing vision, crossing or shooting anything to do with releasing the ball, but in terms of technical ability with the ball and dribbling at players, I'm not sure there's a player in PL with more ways to beat a man or who does it more often. And all those players got better with age.

He's more like a quick Denilson, over complicating things, but its how creative players progress to productive ones and Bolasie had already shown improvement in this area at Palace. You have to make mistakes to experiment, but at some point you're not adding much to overall package, for that you need to be a bit more wise. When you get near 30 you shouldn't be making the same mistakes you were making a decade earlier, work smarter rather than just working hard. But he also needs team mates to bounce of and work with and it's hard to see who at the moment.

January 15, 2018, 03:36:28 AM
Reply #310

ally2

He had a few decent games, the rest of the time he frustrated the life out of everyone.

I'm getting confused here over who at Everton I should hate most so I need help.  It's weird because I consider myself a supporter.  I'll call myself a follower of Everton woes instead.

January 15, 2018, 03:37:11 AM
Reply #311

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Traore is more Walcott for me, but he hasn't learned to pass or shoot yet, once you've learned to outrun someone, what more do you need. Niasse is more productive than Walcott, and also demonstrates how difficult it is to run with the ball at pace, while trying to do more than go in a straight line or go through players.

Bolasie is carrying the ball past oncoming traffic, squared up, while tap dancing sideways, sleight of foot with either foot. He's patting his stomach, rubbing his head, performing the riverdance and then miskicking it out of play. But when he's confident and has his rhythm multiple opponents can't live with him. At the moment it's 'on his day', but once he gets back up to speed, his day will become more often.

He always wants the ball and rarely loses it, often carries it huge distances, its a pretty rare trait for a footballer at this level and hard to do consistently. I wouldn't compare Bolasie to Zidane, De Bruyne, Bergkamp, in terms of productivity atm, or in terms of passing vision, crossing or shooting anything to do with releasing the ball, but in terms of technical ability with the ball and dribbling at players, I'm not sure there's a player in PL with more ways to beat a man or who does it more often. And all those players got better with age.

He's more like a quick Denilson, over complicating things, but its how creative players progress to productive ones and Bolasie had already shown improvement in this area at Palace. You have to make mistakes to experiment, but at some point you're not adding much to overall package, for that you need to be a bit more wise. When you get near 30 you shouldn't be making the same mistakes you were making a decade earlier, work smarter rather than just working hard. But he also needs team mates to bounce of and work with and it's hard to see who at the moment.

Disagree with a great deal you have said above but I understand where you are coming from.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 15, 2018, 03:57:37 AM
Reply #312

Cereal Killer

Ahhhhh Brahimi..... if only.....

January 15, 2018, 05:29:01 PM
Reply #313

Django

Walcott wants to come to Everton and wages are no issue.

Just the club haggling over the fee now.

January 15, 2018, 09:42:45 PM
Reply #314

Macca77

Fella on TEF who is normally spot on reckons Walcott will sign and make his debut agaisnt West Brom on Sat.