November 21, 2018, 01:22:54 AM

Author Topic: Theo Walcott  (Read 27376 times)

January 15, 2018, 09:54:25 PM
Reply #15

Waltzer

Fella on TEF who is normally spot on reckons Walcott will sign and make his debut agaisnt West Brom on Sat.

I hope so, although I still get the feeling he'll end up at Southampton?

January 15, 2018, 11:40:18 PM
Reply #16

Waltzer

Because you could find a negative in absolutely anything. Proper glass half empty

Why would he join Southampton over us?

Its not glass half empty but there are other things to consider, its been stated everywhere else, his wife lives close to there and works near there I think, hes from the area and its his first club?
He doesnt strike me as the type that would need the money so its probably more of a lifestyle choice for him and there are bigger factors for him to consider. Lets be honest when it comes to the choice of the 2 clubs the only real difference is who he thinks will finish higher in the league as the reality is neither will win anything in his career, so you tell me, what is the big draw, with the exception of financial elements we've done nothing for over 20 years so is 'our history' a bigger pull than his personal circumstance?

January 16, 2018, 04:07:26 PM
Reply #17

Waltzer

Kenny is a liability unfortunately

He is isnt having his best spell but I think he'll be a valuable member of the squad for years to come. I've been looking at the games lately and I also don't think Gueye helps us a great deal. Im not saying hes bad, but when you look at his positional sense I think he leaves us with huge holes. He reminds me sometimes of a school boy player as you see him tearing around the pitch chasing the ball from one side to the other, and when he gets bypassed there are huge holes in our midfield. I still think hes the best option in CM, but I think he needs to be a bit more disciplined to help us retain our shape.

January 16, 2018, 09:13:13 PM
Reply #18

Waltzer

Walcott in
Cresswell rumoured
N'Zonzi rumoured

Would make the team a LOT more balanced if they all came in... 4-5-1 general, 4-3-3 attacking, etc. rather than 8-1-1:

Pickford/MS

Keane/MH ---------- Jags/AW/FM
Coleman/JK ------------------------------------------------ Cresswell/LB

Gueye/MB ---------- N'Zonzi/MS

Sigurdsson/WR

Walcott/NV ------------------------- Lookman/YB (HO*)
Tosun/DCL

Don't forget our Henry, who was knocking them in left right and centre.

Having Walcott and Nzonzi, but not Creswell, he is average at best and isnt better than Baines I dont think

January 16, 2018, 09:19:24 PM
Reply #19

Waltzer

Cresswell isnt bad player. Got a cracking cross on him and a tremendous engine, but obviously not a world beater. However, he is 10 times better than Martina, and dont forget Baines is 34 in december, so a fly farting near him will injure him, when hes not injured ;)

I think Baines needs replacing but not with someone substandard, most West Ham fans are okay with him leaving as he isnt very good. There has to be better options out there, and i bet they'd want a wedge for him too

January 17, 2018, 01:00:08 PM
Reply #20

Waltzer

I think its a great signing, we now have is a bit more creativity, pace and goal threat, allowing us to push the opposition back, they arent going to have free players as we have no attacking threat, they're actually going to have to think about the threats we have and pick them up, this will hopefully free up more space in the central areas.
There have been games when the opposition are happy to go 1 on 1 or 2 v 1 against the likes of DCL and Niasse as you know they wont really hurt you, your not going to do that with our front line now