December 17, 2018, 09:26:50 PM

Author Topic: Theo Walcott  (Read 27993 times)

January 15, 2018, 09:54:25 PM
Reply #315

Waltzer

Fella on TEF who is normally spot on reckons Walcott will sign and make his debut agaisnt West Brom on Sat.

I hope so, although I still get the feeling he'll end up at Southampton?

January 15, 2018, 09:55:42 PM
Reply #316

D15TIN

Fella on TEF who is normally spot on reckons Walcott will sign and make his debut agaisnt West Brom on Sat.
I'd be more inclined to believe that had he not been in the arsenal squad yesterday

January 15, 2018, 09:58:34 PM
Reply #317

kramer0

We will eventually pay for all of this short-term bullshit. Worse than we are already.

And yes, I'm aware that I'm a miserable cunt.

January 15, 2018, 10:09:44 PM
Reply #318

Bluedylan

Hope he joins Southampton.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

January 15, 2018, 10:12:06 PM
Reply #319

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I hope so, although I still get the feeling he'll end up at Southampton?

Because you could find a negative in absolutely anything. Proper glass half empty

Why would he join Southampton over us?

January 15, 2018, 10:19:48 PM
Reply #320

D15TIN

Because you could find a negative in absolutely anything. Proper glass half empty

Just location for him probably, gets to stay down south etc

January 15, 2018, 10:26:43 PM
Reply #321

Lxxx

Arsed.

January 15, 2018, 11:22:59 PM
Reply #322

Simon Paul

Administrator

Left them at 15 and might feel he owes them?

January 15, 2018, 11:28:38 PM
Reply #323

Paddockoldie

I'm not too concerned with short terminism  because our problem is now not the future. If don't sort the now out future is even less certain. Hopefully the younger quality players we have will be the future.. live in the now because yesterday has gone and can't be changed and tomorrow hasn't arrived.

January 15, 2018, 11:40:18 PM
Reply #324

Waltzer

Its not glass half empty but there are other things to consider, its been stated everywhere else, his wife lives close to there and works near there I think, hes from the area and its his first club?
He doesnt strike me as the type that would need the money so its probably more of a lifestyle choice for him and there are bigger factors for him to consider. Lets be honest when it comes to the choice of the 2 clubs the only real difference is who he thinks will finish higher in the league as the reality is neither will win anything in his career, so you tell me, what is the big draw, with the exception of financial elements we've done nothing for over 20 years so is 'our history' a bigger pull than his personal circumstance?

January 15, 2018, 11:44:45 PM
Reply #325

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think a head down pace merchant with his best days behind him are exactly what we need to fix our broken midfield

In all honesty though, just see it a straight swap for Lennon with more productivity. Probably less defencive nous tbh and much less personality. But he has the ability to produce.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 15, 2018, 11:59:20 PM
Reply #326

KoemansNumberTens

We will eventually pay for all of this short-term bullshit. Worse than we are already.

And yes, I'm aware that I'm a miserable cunt.

No issue with short term but they aren't even great players. Just decent 1s. Would it be that hard to find a comparable player to Walcott with potential

January 16, 2018, 12:23:17 AM
Reply #327

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
No issue with short term but they aren't even great players. Just decent 1s. Would it be that hard to find a comparable player to Walcott with potential

Yes if there's potential then there's a massive premium on that

January 16, 2018, 12:29:10 AM
Reply #328

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Yes if there's potential then there's a massive premium on that

If we’re going for potential then I think what people mean is Lukaku when he first joined / signed potential rather than Lookman / Vlasic potential.

If they do mean the former then, as you say, you’re looking at £35-40m in today’s prices.

Then there’s the fight on for them if a CL team also has an interest.

If it’s the latter, who are cheaper and easier to sign, we already have those types here.

January 16, 2018, 12:54:51 AM
Reply #329

eugene

Just location for him probably, gets to stay down south etc
It’s a pain of a drive to Southampton from London by the way, I wouldn’t like the commute