December 19, 2018, 12:52:19 AM

Author Topic: Theo Walcott  (Read 28022 times)

January 12, 2018, 04:31:32 PM
Read 28022 times

Cereal Killer

Allardyce confirming that we are only going after one target at a time and everything is tied up in Walcott at the minute.
The past has hinted that we do this, but it's devastating to find out it's actually true.

So if this dfrags on and falls through late we will have insufficient time to do anything else.

This club, man.

Steve Walsh needs to take a training course in multi-tasking

January 12, 2018, 05:37:25 PM
Reply #1

Cereal Killer

What does it mean for the likes of Lennon and Vlasic though?

I'd say Vlasic would be the bench option for wing, Lookman out on loan and Lennon as backup for any injuries/bans then released when his contract is up at the end of the season.....

January 12, 2018, 07:47:16 PM
Reply #2

Cereal Killer

Fair enough mate. We just see it differently.

I feel like it's another 'secure 7th place at best' signing.

We don't have more money than other clubs so for me the only way to crack the top 6 (like Spurs) with less resources is to be cleverer and more astute in our transfers than the big boys.

For me, this is the opposite of that. Obvious, uninspiring and not taking us anywhere special.

I may be totally wrong, and like I say it's just a difference of opinion.

This, however I feel we need to buy a number of this level of player in order to achieve 6th/7th/European football consistently and become more attractive when trying to secure potential/next tier of players

It's not an exciting signing, but I'm not enraged by it either

January 13, 2018, 03:40:37 PM
Reply #3

Cereal Killer

If we got 15 for Barkley, then I'd say 35 for Sanchez was a bargain....

January 15, 2018, 03:57:37 AM
Reply #4

Cereal Killer

I think the problem is youíve said technically gifted. Generally people think of technical ability they donít just think beat a man, they think bergkamp, zidane, de bruyne.

I absolutely agree that he is a good ball carrier and something weíve desperately missed wibut hour Barkley. E.g the play down the left against MU when he stood two players up and knocked it past them in quick succession and suddenly turned defence into attack - absolutely fantastic he should do that as much as possible. Stand them up then go, very few can stick with him. But to be honest, I enjoy his flicks and tricks itís great to watch, just wish he would be more productive and efficient with his style.

Re: technical ability - itís definitely a factor, but Iíd argue Bolassie is probably more like something on the Adama Traore scale of exception that proves the rule than any of the others :

https://twitter.com/rfahy00/status/951053118409773057

Ahhhhh Brahimi..... if only.....

January 16, 2018, 04:19:23 AM
Reply #5

Cereal Killer

Still probably sign in a few days.

This absolutely has to be the last of this type of signing.

lolol