October 19, 2018, 12:44:13 AM

Author Topic: Theo Walcott  (Read 26586 times)

January 16, 2018, 08:03:56 PM
Reply #420

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
At the price, it really is a no brainer. If it was another 10 mill more, then I'd rather pass onto someone else. Or rather hoof onto someone else.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

January 16, 2018, 08:05:09 PM
Reply #421

Cozzie

As I said my biggest worry is that we practically have the most negative manager in the league.

We will probably still see 3 DM's and Rooney in forcing Sig out wide.

Can't help but feel we wont see the potential of the players we have under Sam. 

January 16, 2018, 08:06:57 PM
Reply #422

Lxxx

He's 18 months younger than Mirallas and Lennon and offers more in terms of productivity so on that score he'll be an improvement. Not very imaginative but if as our owner says money is no longer an issue (silly statement) then it has to be seen to be a step in the right direction.

January 16, 2018, 08:10:35 PM
Reply #423

Ross

Looks like Moshiri can still rely on Jimbo Whitey even after what he said about him at the AGM.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 16, 2018, 08:16:59 PM
Reply #424

everton1952

As I said my biggest worry is that we practically have the most negative manager in the league.

Which players in particular do you fear will not have their potential realised under Allardyce?

January 16, 2018, 08:17:37 PM
Reply #425

therealdunc

The defence much improved under Sam

Sam has a record for turning players around, especially midfielders

But yeah, he is the most negative manager in the world ever and itís trendy to hate someone whoís had barely 6 weeks in a job with someone elseís squad

Blue

January 16, 2018, 08:21:07 PM
Reply #426

Cozzie

Which players in particular do you fear will not have their potential realised under Allardyce?

Lookman and Vlasic will probably not get the game time needed under his tenure here, at least that is what it feels like.

Sig will most likely never get played centrally either, with Rooney being accommodated.

The defence will always be sound in essence, but he just doesn't do attacking football, regardless of who he has at his disposal. 

January 16, 2018, 08:26:10 PM
Reply #427

therealdunc

Lookman and Vlasic will probably not get the game time needed under his tenure here, at least that is what it feels like.

Sig will most likely never get played centrally either, with Rooney being accommodated.

The defence will always be sound in essence, but he just doesn't do attacking football, regardless of who he has at his disposal.

I do wonder how all those teams he kept up did so without ever playing attacking football?
What a load of rubbish not based on any of the evidence

Lookman and Vlasic didnít get a look in under Koeman and Unsy, but of course itís big sams fault they are not ready for first team football.

I must be watching different matches as every time rooney goes off, Sigurdsson goes central. But as you say it Ďneverí happens.

But as you say, itís all about ho you feel - when you footballing opinions are based on feelings not facts, you need to have a word with yourself
Blue

January 16, 2018, 08:26:53 PM
Reply #428

gizzblue

Anybody north of the halfway line imho....will be playing ten mins per 90.

January 16, 2018, 08:28:46 PM
Reply #429

gizzblue

Sam has a record for turning midfield players round ....
As the ball flies over their heads .

Fixed

January 16, 2018, 08:31:04 PM
Reply #430

themilkycoffees

I do wonder how all those teams he kept up did so without ever playing attacking football?

Lookman and Vlasic didnít get a look in under Koeman and Unsy, but of course itís big sams fault they are not ready for first team football.

I must be watching different matches as every time rooney goes off, Sigurdsson goes central. But as you say it Ďneverí happens.

But as you say, itís all about ho you feel - when you footballing opinions are based on feelings not facts, you need to have a word with yourself

It can seem he's being blamed for everything when in reality he's not. The chronic lack of shots on target/shots at all is very worrying though. There does seem to be a lack of any sort of tactics when we're going forward which is probably why people are getting frustrated at Sigurdsson playing out of position and attacking players like Vlasic and Lookman being overlooked.

January 16, 2018, 08:31:14 PM
Reply #431

Django

Number 11. All sorted.

January 16, 2018, 08:33:52 PM
Reply #432

Cozzie

The "facts" are we have had 5 shots on target in our last 6 games.

He kept those teams up with dire football because that was his brief, his brief here will not have been to "keep us up" If you think Allardyce has in any way promoted good attacking football at any point in his managerial career so far then I salute your delusion.

He has time to turn this around but I am not confident he will ever get us playing in any way shape or form a style of threatening football at all.

January 16, 2018, 08:40:28 PM
Reply #433

bluestevie

Number 11. All sorted.

11? Interesting, I was thinking he might have been given 8 for some reason
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

January 16, 2018, 08:46:30 PM
Reply #434

sam of the south

11? Interesting, I was thinking he might have been given 8 for some reason

Nah, that will be reserved for Gazza

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them