February 21, 2018, 12:01:32 AM

Author Topic: [News]No Everton concerns over Barkley's Chelsea move  (Read 2110 times)

January 26, 2018, 12:42:35 AM
Reply #15

griff969

Did Conte even want Barkley? This was the manager who's phone was off on transfer deadline day in August when Barkley wanted to know where Conte wanted him to play. This was the manager who left Barkley on the bench when his team was winning easily at the weekend. This is the manager who slags Barkley off now.

I am sure the wages will be a comfort to Ross but Chelsea just see him as a quick profit to be made.
Evertonian ever since Andy King smashed the ball past Ray Clemence

January 26, 2018, 01:38:23 AM
Reply #16

Waltzer

Did Conte even want Barkley? This was the manager who's phone was off on transfer deadline day in August when Barkley wanted to know where Conte wanted him to play. This was the manager who left Barkley on the bench when his team was winning easily at the weekend. This is the manager who slags Barkley off now.

I am sure the wages will be a comfort to Ross but Chelsea just see him as a quick profit to be made.
Conte wants him about as much as someone wants aids.
if you let your greedy agent dictate your career you get what you deserve

January 26, 2018, 12:26:04 PM
Reply #17

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Do Chelsea maybe have concerns with our conduct during the transfer. Might of rinsed them.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 26, 2018, 01:39:58 PM
Reply #18

boothill

January 26, 2018, 07:16:22 PM
Reply #19

everton1952

Can't see how Chelsea can make a profit selling Barkley if he continues to be poor. He could be another Jeffers/Rodwell. I don't wish that on Barkley. Just saying that's all.

January 26, 2018, 07:28:14 PM
Reply #20

Waltzer

Can't see how Chelsea can make a profit selling Barkley if he continues to be poor. He could be another Jeffers/Rodwell. I don't wish that on Barkley. Just saying that's all.

I dont really care how it turns out for him to be honest. The problem with Ross is I actually think he believes the hype, he thinks he is this amazing talent and the truth is hes not. He had the odd great game for us, but you'd have to sum his Everton career up as 'underwhelming' the same as his England career to date. Hes worked under some impressive managers both domestically and Nationally and hasnt kicked on and regularly gets chastised for his work rate and decision making. His rationale for moving is flawed too. Just because hes training with better players doesnt mean he will all of a sudden become Messi, or Hazard, if anything it could have a detrimental affect on his delicate personality when he realises its like night and day when you look at him against that standard of player, and to top it off hes signed for a team where the manager doesnt want him and who apparently turned his phone off during the summer so he didnt have to talk to him.

January 26, 2018, 07:36:44 PM
Reply #21

Lxxx

The new Jack Rodwell and I'm not sure he'd even be that arsed if that situation came to pass.

January 26, 2018, 07:38:55 PM
Reply #22

Waltzer

The only thing that annoys me is that the opportunity to rinse them for 35 million got taken out of our hands, for that alone Barkley should be despised by every Evertonian!

January 26, 2018, 07:55:56 PM
Reply #23

Bally

Administrator
The new Jack Rodwell and I'm not sure he'd even be that arsed if that situation came to pass.
Funny enough either me or Si said that abiut 3 years ago
It's the roll I way

January 26, 2018, 08:02:59 PM
Reply #24

Lxxx

Funny enough either me or Si said that abiut 3 years ago

He just doesn't strike me as someone who loves the game and wants to build a career off the back of his achievements. Watching him stroll around the park there is no hunger or desire and when he speaks you can tell he's not blessed so I imagine whatever advice he's given goes in one ear and out the other. I may be wrong but I just get that impression. 

January 26, 2018, 08:53:29 PM
Reply #25

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Knowing his emotional sensitivity, having Conte stick the boot in so hard and soon after he signed can’t be doing anything for his mental state. With how Conte is being, it doesn’t say much for Ross’ prospects at Chelsea.

Course this could be all part of Conte’s strop with the club (and these managerial strops at Chelsea only end with one outcome) but a manager of his quality wouldn’t be singling Ross out like this if it wasn’t at least somewhat deserved.

Whilst I was never ready to whip out the pitchforks like many on here, this does push me further away from anger towards sadness at how things have panned out for him and really for his career.

If he has a couple years in the wilderness at Chelsea, it’s starting to get too late for his career to ever properly take off like you feel it could’ve with the right attitude and environment.

January 26, 2018, 10:08:06 PM
Reply #26

Cereal Killer

Fuck his career, couldn't be arsed if it turns shit for him, his decision at the end of the day

Conte has said he'll probably start in the FA Cup against Newcastle because he has no other options  :clap:

January 27, 2018, 12:17:33 PM
Reply #27

Jamokachi

He'll outlast Conte at Chelsea.

January 27, 2018, 12:26:46 PM
Reply #28

Ramjam

He'll outlast Conte at Chelsea.
He will, Conte will be gone at the end of the season, wouldn’t mind him here by the way.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 27, 2018, 03:22:02 PM
Reply #29

Paddockoldie

Sounds like a lot of bitter ex's on here. It's early days on how he will turn out but he's gone so we need to just stop the bitterness because it changes nothing.