October 16, 2018, 11:50:25 AM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce wants dull Everton to become more boring  (Read 5895 times)

January 14, 2018, 04:31:43 AM
Reply #15

ally2

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Fucking hell!!

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

Get on you!

Hahahahahahahahahahaha ha!

We're not a big club any more Si.

January 14, 2018, 04:42:03 AM
Reply #16

Simon Paul

Administrator
We're not a big club any more Si.

So turning fans off from paying to go the game is an even worse idea then isn't it

Being a big club has nothing to do with entertaining the fans

January 14, 2018, 04:48:14 AM
Reply #17

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I actually think this headline misses the worse part for me, which is that he's already resorted to blaming the players just like he's always done in the past.  Obviously the players aren't blameless, but here's a manager who's infamous for taking the credit himself after a good result and throwing his players under the bus after a bad one.  Looks like we're seeing it already.

#terribletimes

Heís not wrong is he though. We clearly did throw in the towel the minute that second goal went in.

It was the first time we played like that, with a total lack of effort or belief, since he arrived.

January 14, 2018, 04:52:41 AM
Reply #18

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Heís not wrong is he though. We clearly did throw in the towel the minute that second goal went in.

It was the first time we played like that, with a total lack of effort or belief, since he arrived.

It's not whether he's right or wrong that's the issue though.  He's ultimately responsible, and calling out the players publicly like that rarely ends well and is rarely the sign of someone who's a good leader.

And also as right as he was about the players, you can kind of understand it in as much as it was certainly the exact same reaction I had when we went 2-0 down - at that point it was clear there was little point in competing any more.  Of course professional footballers shouldn't react that way, but sometimes they do and I can kind of understand the hopelessness they probably felt at that point.

January 14, 2018, 04:53:29 AM
Reply #19

Alanvideo

He’s not wrong is he though. We clearly did throw in the towel the minute that second goal went in.

..................which is more or less what Sam said in his post-match. The manager isn't blameless but then neither are the players. We may as well not have come out for the second half.
We are special ,we are Everton.

January 14, 2018, 04:54:43 AM
Reply #20

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

What I would say is that if itís accepted that you canít score 2 goals in a game then itís easier for players to give up.

One thing keeping it tight, but you need to give players the belief that theyíll actually be able to score.

January 14, 2018, 04:55:48 AM
Reply #21

bogie

We've gone backwards in many ways, that's why people are fucked off.  He's also got a proven record of not being that good, again which is why many of us didn't want him.

As for the last 3 sentences, you've got very strange priorities when it comes to Everton.

WANT and NEED for the love of god stop it with this crap we were in NEED and still are Sam is getting told we need to play a better style of football (attacking ) now you can think its Sam that cant get them attacking players in are team playing well all you want but you only blowing the smoke up your own ass
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 04:57:09 AM by bogie »

January 14, 2018, 04:56:26 AM
Reply #22

bogie

January 14, 2018, 04:58:10 AM
Reply #23

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
It's not whether he's right or wrong that's the issue though.  He's ultimately responsible, and calling out the players publicly like that rarely ends well and is rarely the sign of someone who's a good leader.

And also as right as he was about the players, you can kind of understand it in as much as it was certainly the exact same reaction I had when we went 2-0 down - at that point it was clear there was little point in competing any more.  Of course professional footballers shouldn't react that way, but sometimes they do and I can kind of understand the hopelessness they probably felt at that point.

Well some managers blame players and others donít. I dont think itís proven one way or another what is more effective. If it was as black and white as you say then no decent manager would ever blame the players, ever. Also itís not like heís singled anyone out which (in my opinion) is worse for that player.

Regarding throwing in the towel at 2-0, fuck that. Thereís always a point in competing. Yeah I wouldíve put our chance of getting anything out that game at about 3% at that point, but it only takes one goal to make a game of it. It wasnít acceptable.

January 14, 2018, 04:59:58 AM
Reply #24

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
WANT and NEED for the love of god stop it with this crap we were in NEED and still are Sam is getting told we need to play a better style of football (attacking ) now you can think its Sam that cant get them attacking players in are team playing well all you want but you only blowing the smoke up your own ass

We were in NEED, we just didn't NEED Sam Allardyce.  Why is it so hard for people to separate those points?

January 14, 2018, 05:01:25 AM
Reply #25

ally2

So turning fans off from paying to go the game is an even worse idea then isn't it

Being a big club has nothing to do with entertaining the fans

Nailed it. It's that sense of entitlement which is the problem. And that is in the context of what had gone before. If this was 1991 then I'd understand it. But this is the equivalent of a toddler having a tantrum. "Entertain me!".

If he feels we need to be pragmatic then so be it. We didn't actually sit back that deep today. The main problem was that spurs were significantly better in personnel in every single position on the field. But you would rather spin it as Allardyce being typical Allardyce seeing us up to fail etc etc.

January 14, 2018, 05:03:15 AM
Reply #26

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Well some managers blame players and others donít. I dont think itís proven one way or another what is more effective. If it was as black and white as you say then no decent manager would ever blame the players, ever. Also itís not like heís singled anyone out which (in my opinion) is worse for that player.

Regarding throwing in the towel at 2-0, fuck that. Thereís always a point in competing. Yeah I wouldíve put our chance of getting anything out that game at about 3% at that point, but it only takes one goal to make a game of it. It wasnít acceptable.

For me it's the fact that this is one of the things I always disliked him for, and now I see it happening at Everton I really don't like it.  It's ok to criticise the players to a degree but if you look at the way he's done it over his career then he clearly used it as an excuse to often.  It's the fact he will credit himself when things go well which grates.

I don't disagree regarding the chucking in the towel bit, of course it's wrong for the players to do that.  I just want that situation managed well and in a positive manner, and I don't trust him to do that.

January 14, 2018, 05:13:32 AM
Reply #27

bogie

We were in NEED, we just didn't NEED Sam Allardyce.  Why is it so hard for people to separate those points?

out of all the managers we were in for really only 2 were a sure thing for keeping us up that was how bad this team was/is
Sam Allardyce and David Moyes I for one would of had Moyes back in a heart beat after the crap I have seen going on at this club over the last few years
but they were the only 2 sure things

January 14, 2018, 05:18:13 AM
Reply #28

Juanito

I actually think this headline misses the worse part for me, which is that he's already resorted to blaming the players just like he's always done in the past.  Obviously the players aren't blameless, but here's a manager who's infamous for taking the credit himself after a good result and throwing his players under the bus after a bad one.  Looks like we're seeing it already.

#terribletimes

He really gets under my skin every time he speaks and never seems to say he has done a thing wrong, yet we have seen our worst attacking play probably in our history. I think he is a narcissist.

January 14, 2018, 05:26:23 AM
Reply #29

WeimaranerBlues

Over the past five season's are players have been praised when it was going good- and praised by bobby when we were shite-  they have been bollocked when they have been shite.

at the beginning we all loved it when Koeman told it how it was after years of Bobby telling us how phenominal we were.
both lost the dressing room apparently - and eventually the players did not believe in what he was trying to acomplish.

do the players really believe in Sam only time will tell  -  as this lot recently as we all know can turn it off like a switch