May 24, 2018, 09:07:55 PM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce wants dull Everton to become more boring  (Read 4599 times)

January 14, 2018, 05:28:33 AM
Reply #30

Thomas

Now we look like QPR when they were in the premiership, soulless.

I said this earlier. Flashing the cash and going down down.

The problem is we should be counter attacking, not playing defensive.

January 14, 2018, 05:31:10 AM
Reply #31

Simon Paul

Administrator
Nailed it. It's that sense of entitlement which is the problem. And that is in the context of what had gone before. If this was 1991 then I'd understand it. But this is the equivalent of a toddler having a tantrum. "Entertain me!".

If he feels we need to be pragmatic then so be it. We didn't actually sit back that deep today. The main problem was that spurs were significantly better in personnel in every single position on the field. But you would rather spin it as Allardyce being typical Allardyce seeing us up to fail etc etc.

It's not entitlement. It's fact. I'm quite happy going the match and talking to my mates about work or shouting abuse at the away fans. The football doesn't need to entertain me personally, but it does need to entertain supporters as a whole in order to remain financially viable

Whether you like that or not, football clubs need to keep selling tickets and the majority of supporters need to be entertained to keep buying them

If that makes those fans "wimps" then tough shit, because it's those "wimps" who subsidise your ticket by actually going the game with you

January 14, 2018, 05:41:05 AM
Reply #32

Thomas

I actually think this headline misses the worse part for me, which is that he's already resorted to blaming the players just like he's always done in the past.  Obviously the players aren't blameless, but here's a manager who's infamous for taking the credit himself after a good result and throwing his players under the bus after a bad one.  Looks like we're seeing it already.

#terribletimes

He was appointed as our prototype to Joe Royle. Unfortunately he is more a Walter Smith.

January 14, 2018, 06:01:27 AM
Reply #33

ally2

It's not entitlement. It's fact. I'm quite happy going the match and talking to my mates about work or shouting abuse at the away fans. The football doesn't need to entertain me personally, but it does need to entertain supporters as a whole in order to remain financially viable

Whether you like that or not, football clubs need to keep selling tickets and the majority of supporters need to be entertained to keep buying them

If that makes those fans "wimps" then tough shit, because it's those "wimps" who subsidise your ticket by actually going the game with you

When I said "wimps", I was attacking the prevailing mentality of fans who give up the moment things aren't going well. That's the time when you need to stick together. I think it was Brownie's analogy (or maybe not) about who you'd want next to you 'in the trenches' as the old saying goes. Some people are so feeble.

We've lost some football games and aren't playing very well.  Most teams don't play good football. Most teams don't win. I want us to do both. Of course I do. But how you can pin that on a manager who's only been here a month and has only bought one player is ridiculous.

You're big on fan engagement. So should the fans be engaged on every managerial appointment until we are all happy?  Because that's the problem here. Most people didn't want Allardyce. That was me too but the way. Some of us have got over it and realise that it's important to pull together and show some patience. Others keep banging on about every week (every day actually) with no actual aim other than just to moan and agree with others that think like them.

January 14, 2018, 06:21:14 AM
Reply #34

toffee_scot

Allardyce wants dull Everton to become more boring

If that's the route then we might as well replace Z Cars with Brahm's Lullaby on matchdays.

January 14, 2018, 06:23:37 AM
Reply #35

bogie

I said this earlier. Flashing the cash and going down down.

The problem is we should be counter attacking, not playing defensive.

PACE

January 14, 2018, 06:30:28 AM
Reply #36

Ross

If that's the route then we might as well replace Z Cars with Brahm's Lullaby on matchdays.

More like the last post.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 14, 2018, 06:47:27 AM
Reply #37

Ramjam

More like the last post.

Dont bring me down,
down down down down down
Oh e hoo
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 14, 2018, 07:07:40 AM
Reply #38

Ravardo

What was left out on that report and is on the echo is sam thinks today we were too attacking :headbang:  :bonk: :wanker: lolol :thumbsup: and thinks  I might have a bit of responsibility to take here,  ???

January 14, 2018, 07:20:25 AM
Reply #39

Ramjam

What was left out on that report and is on the echo is sam thinks today we were too attacking :headbang:  :bonk: :wanker: lolol :thumbsup: and thinks  "I might have a bit of responsibility to take here,  ???

There isnt a manager in the league who takes responsibility for their shortcomings
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 14, 2018, 07:21:16 AM
Reply #40

Tony Clifton

WANT and NEED for the love of god stop it with this crap we were in NEED and still are Sam is getting told we need to play a better style of football (attacking ) now you can think its Sam that cant get them attacking players in are team playing well all you want but you only blowing the smoke up your own ass

This and...

that.

What a time to be alive, eh!

January 14, 2018, 03:21:35 PM
Reply #41

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Excellent statement to come out with whilst trying to persuade attacking players into the club.

January 14, 2018, 03:26:26 PM
Reply #42

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Excellent statement to come out with whilst trying to persuade attacking players into the club.

Well it should be easy for them to get places in the side ;)

January 14, 2018, 05:00:04 PM
Reply #43

UnsyisaRhino

Martinez gave too much praise and wasnt critical enough, big sam is bring too critical and not taking any of the blame. You cant win!

I actually think allardyce was pretty accurate in his assessment of the players performances, and he even says how its going to be used as a learning experience to move forward.

I dont agree with his tactics and he hasnt and wont always get it right...but there wasnt much wrong with that interview.

I think some people are looking for any excuse to get on his case.

January 14, 2018, 05:15:25 PM
Reply #44

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Sam = short term, draw/win against mid to bottom sides
What we needed/need short term after the shit we got into and how the league has gone this season
Contract = rest of this/nexy year ONLY
Then we need to fuck him, little sam, Walsh, and the rest of the dead wood off good and proper
Future = A Silva or the like to play more attractive players and actually buy established, decent players

Short Term = more of the same shit Im afraid
Mid Term = we WILL start to see positive devolopment
Long Term = very positive imo
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 05:16:48 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »