February 23, 2018, 06:30:31 PM

Author Topic: Everton v West Brom  (Read 12096 times)

January 20, 2018, 09:58:33 PM
Reply #435

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
We need players who can score goals on the field, in this team thatíd be Rooney and Niasse I guess.

January 20, 2018, 09:58:37 PM
Reply #436

Lxxx

Not attacking as a team.

The fleeting moments have been when one or two players link but because itís not a collective plan thatís why you end up with one player in the box.

And if you donít excerpt enough pressure then you will concede chances at the other end.

It's difficult when both central midfielders don't want anything to do with the game constructively. In fact they're not making much impression defensively either.

January 20, 2018, 09:59:32 PM
Reply #437

Shogun

Administrator
Think Schneiderlin has done alright actually.

McCarthy just pointless in this game (and most)
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 20, 2018, 09:59:42 PM
Reply #438

Ramjam

On a positive, I like some of Tosun's link up play. Needs players closer to him though.

Disagree I donít think heíll make it with us , couple of crosses into the box and heís nowhere to be seen
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 20, 2018, 09:59:47 PM
Reply #439

Macca77

You're loving this aren't you.

How about it's not about allardyce, it's about the team?

Yeah I love watching us get beat, by West Brom honestly!

The team he picked, the tactics, its all about him, hes the manager who took all the praise when we beat Swansea and that, but god help anyone who has a go at him when we lose, its the players fault

January 20, 2018, 10:00:10 PM
Reply #440

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Disagree I donít think heíll make it with us , couple of crosses into the box and heís nowhere to be seen

Well he put one of them in himself...

January 20, 2018, 10:00:19 PM
Reply #441

sirblue57

It's like a bunch is strangers meeting up and having a kick about in the local park....why the fuck did he give them the day off? They obviously don't know each other...they can't seem to pass a ball...do we have a coaching staff ?  What the fuck happens at finch farm? Have they turned it into a fucking petting zoo?
Because there is obviously nothing football related going on there.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

January 20, 2018, 10:00:23 PM
Reply #442

GrantyBoy78

The issue is we have a championship level back four with two very poor central midfielders. That's where our problem lies.
Yep. This a thousand times.

January 20, 2018, 10:00:24 PM
Reply #443

Ridge

It's back to the end of Koemans tenure, all the players are shit again.

January 20, 2018, 10:01:10 PM
Reply #444

eyesalwaysblue

A squad of this quality should not be struggling like this. Buck stops at the manager.
What quality mate?
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 20, 2018, 10:01:12 PM
Reply #445

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
It's difficult when both central midfielders don't want anything to do with the game constructively. In fact they're not making much impression defensively either.

The 2 CMs and 2 CMs/DMs are a huge issue. Youíd think with the absence of attacking intent weíd be stronger defensively, but thatís somehow the more shambolic aspect.

January 20, 2018, 10:01:15 PM
Reply #446

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Think Schneiderlin has done alright actually.

McCarthy just pointless in this game (and most)

Heís should be the one getting into / up to the edge of the box.

If youíre not going to be creative then use physical abilities to at least act as a distraction etc.

January 20, 2018, 10:01:25 PM
Reply #447

kramer0

I think Sam thinks if you put a couple of attacking players on the pitch then goals just....happen.

It's known as the Ronald Koeman gambit.

And this is exactly the way the club is being managed w/r/t recruitment. It's why I'm such a grump all the time. It's not a viable strategy and things are never going to get better if we keep trying different versions of the same crap transfers over and over.

It's way more important to have midfielders and wingers who know how to work the ball into dangerous areas. Tosun and Walcott address none of our attacking problems, however good their respective records are.

January 20, 2018, 10:01:45 PM
Reply #448

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Bolasie on for Vlasic? Like for like? Really?

January 20, 2018, 10:01:47 PM
Reply #449

Cozzie

Morgans had one of his better games.

McCarthy off Rooney on, Play Rooney deeper but keep him central, allow Morgan to sit and do what he is meant to do.

If we cant create with those players on the pitch then I have not got a fucking clue.