December 12, 2018, 03:16:47 AM

Author Topic: [News]Walcott signs  (Read 12756 times)

January 21, 2018, 09:11:13 AM
Reply #105

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I like him, he was trying to communicate with the others, which I liked to see. He was pointing where he wanted people, which was kinda odd at first but I'll take any organisation up front we can get right now. Must be verrrry different to how things were for him at Arsenal, but hopefully he's just happy to be playing again.

I think Tosun looks like he could form a partnership with someone, I really would like to see us try two up top as with the direct style of play we need players up there not a million miles away from each other.

On the negative side, I just don't know about Bolasie. It's hard with the layoff, but still he's super ineffective right now.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 11:06:31 AM by blueToffee »

January 21, 2018, 12:39:25 PM
Reply #106

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I like him, he was trying to communicate with the others, which I liked to see. He was pointing where he wanted people, which was kinda odd at first but I'll take any organisation up front we can get right now. Must be verrrry different to how things were for him at Arsenal, but hopefully he's just happy to be playing again.

I think Tosun looks like he could form a partnership with someone, I really would like to see us try two up top as with the direct style of play we need players up there not a million miles away from each other.

On the negative side, I just don't know about Bolasie. It's hard with the layoff, but still he's super ineffective right now.

Think he got through the first appearances with adrenaline, which is normal, but now thatís worn off he looks miles away both in fitness and technique.

There was a bit near the end when he was one v one with Dawson and he took ages to play a cross in, when it was made for taking him on. But it looked like his legs were too heavy.

He wonít gain sharpness without playing of course, but youíve got to be effective in some way in the mean time.

January 21, 2018, 04:26:15 PM
Reply #107

Lxxx

Think he got through the first appearances with adrenaline, which is normal, but now thatís worn off he looks miles away both in fitness and technique.

There was a bit near the end when he was one v one with Dawson and he took ages to play a cross in, when it was made for taking him on. But it looked like his legs were too heavy.

He wonít gain sharpness without playing of course, but youíve got to be effective in some way in the mean time.

He still seems to have the mindset that he has to do a trick and entertain, but he hasnít the fitness or match sharpness to find an end product at the end of it so heís just slowing everything down.

Heíd do well to get an instruction from his boss to speed things up for the good of the team dynamic, until such a time he feels ready to deliver individually.

February 02, 2018, 01:19:00 AM
Reply #108

mikey_blue

Loved the way he could face up his man and try and do him for pace as well as use quick interchanges of passing to get by his man. I'd let him take the coaching sessions too be honest. Superior football coaching was on display yesterday, can clearly tell he's from different stock

February 02, 2018, 01:24:58 AM
Reply #109

BlueForYou

Warming to him and he's warming to us

Wild Willie Walcott - well, walking out at Goodison does give him the willies

Good character for the dressing room, I should think - an Andy Gray inspiration?
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

February 02, 2018, 01:29:30 AM
Reply #110

Heisenberg

Walcott is a lot better than I'd previously given him credit for

February 02, 2018, 01:34:56 AM
Reply #111

Lxxx

Complete opposite of Bolasie isn't he. A winger who wants to get in and around the box to try and get on the scoresheet, or at the very least affect play in a dangerous area. He's already beat Bolasie's goal record for us and will probably surpass him on assists in the next few games too. Time for the big man to up his game when he regains match fitness.

February 02, 2018, 01:41:58 AM
Reply #112

BlueForYou

I think Everton has inspired him, he's enjoying being here - the same happened with Gray, who was also written off....................
by some
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

February 02, 2018, 01:44:31 AM
Reply #113

sam of the south

Complete opposite of Bolasie isn't he. A winger who wants to get in and around the box to try and get on the scoresheet, or at the very least affect play in a dangerous area. He's already beat Bolasie's goal record for us and will probably surpass him on assists in the next few games too. Time for the big man to up his game when he regains match fitness.

I don't think Bolasie has got any more game to up, to be honest
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

February 02, 2018, 01:45:04 AM
Reply #114

sam of the south

Warming to him and he's warming to us

Wild Willie Walcott - well, walking out at Goodison does give him the willies

Good character for the dressing room, I should think - an Andy Gray inspiration?

Mad post.

I love it 👍🏼

February 02, 2018, 01:51:15 AM
Reply #115

BlueForYou

I know!

Mad dogs and Englishmen - that BlueMoon in the sky must be an Evertonian!

Howling man, howling!

Harry Catterick

February 02, 2018, 01:57:09 AM
Reply #116

mikey_blue

Lay off Bolasie a bit lads. He's just come back from an injury that's ended better players career's.

February 02, 2018, 02:01:21 AM
Reply #117

Lxxx

Lay off Bolasie a bit lads. He's just come back from an injury that's ended better players career's.

Iím comparing him against pre-injury Bolasie.

February 02, 2018, 02:04:14 AM
Reply #118

sam of the south

I'm judging him on his output before the injury, and whilst he looked like a potential bright spark, he didn't have great "produchivitee"

February 02, 2018, 02:04:39 AM
Reply #119

gizzblue

Let's hope Bolasie sees what Theo brings and ups his performance from here on in ....can only be good for team and moral the way he played yesterday .
Born not made a blue .