December 10, 2018, 05:39:08 PM

Author Topic: [News]Walcott signs  (Read 12692 times)

February 11, 2018, 05:25:51 PM
Reply #150

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I think in this setup he's got a far better chance of success. You'd like to see him get a go alternating in the Davies role with the brains of Rooney behind him and the speed of Walcott and guile of Sig next to him. He'll also have a willing runner all day long in Niasse.

Clearly I'm basing that off more faith than evidence but I can't believe he was as bad as he first showed for us and even then admittedly he has shown glimpses of one touch class a few times.
Yeah I've come to the same opinion based off absolutely nothing too
Simply simply lovely

February 11, 2018, 05:34:19 PM
Reply #151

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
In Walcott, sigurdson and gana we've got the basis of a top 6 midfield there.

It's now about getting a DM and number 10 to play alongside them for next season.

It's incredible what a change of environment does for a player. I haven't see Walcott go past players like that for a good few years. Think at Arsenal he just went through the motions a lot of the time of playing two touch football.

Here he seems to realise he needs to take the game to the opposition more and he's thriving on that.

Also worth noting Kenny had his best display offensively yesterday and that was all down to how Walcott made space for him.

February 11, 2018, 06:49:42 PM
Reply #152

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
A number 10? Are you Ronald Koeman?
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

February 11, 2018, 06:53:10 PM
Reply #153

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
A number 10? Are you Ronald Koeman?

Sigurdson plays well off the left.

Rooney plays well in a deeper role.

And klassen doesn't seem to have much future here.

Getting a creative number 10 should be a priority IMO.

February 11, 2018, 07:05:08 PM
Reply #154

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

I was kidding.

I agree we need a number 10 who is better than the ones we have.

Sig certainly seems to be settling in well at last though, isn't he?
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

February 11, 2018, 07:13:45 PM
Reply #155

Mayor Farnum

I was kidding.

Yes maybe there's something to be said for giving people time, even a little bit of time.

February 11, 2018, 07:22:19 PM
Reply #156

gizzblue

I was kidding.

Because of his price tag he's been allowed to have time to settle in the team ....really wish we could have given the likes of Klassen Lookman and Sandro more than a quick look ...you never know what might have been .
Born not made a blue .

February 13, 2018, 02:12:22 AM
Reply #157

terrydarracotsbaldpate

Because of his price tag he's been allowed to have time to settle in the team ....really wish we could have given the likes of Klassen Lookman and Sandro more than a quick look ...you never know what might have been .
Klassen cost more. Walcott has started well. Let's hope the others are given the time to settle in next season with the new manager. (hopefully)

February 13, 2018, 02:57:28 AM
Reply #158

dekko

You said the correct, most magic word, creative!!!!

February 13, 2018, 04:16:27 AM
Reply #159

GrantyBoy78

Reinforces how far off the top 6 we are when the likes of Walcott are not considered good enough.

February 13, 2018, 06:15:23 AM
Reply #160

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Walcott is good enough. Sig is good enough. Pickford is good enough. Gana is good enough. Coleman is good enough. Rooney is just about good enough. Bolasie could be good enough. Davies might be. Holgate might be.

We really not that far off
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

February 13, 2018, 01:37:25 PM
Reply #161

Nicco

Walcott is good enough. Sig is good enough. Pickford is good enough. Gana is good enough. Coleman is good enough. Rooney is just about good enough. Bolasie could be good enough. Davies might be. Holgate might be.

Only a manager and a striker then?

Oh right, we bought a striker.
Jönköpings Södra IF

February 13, 2018, 01:58:58 PM
Reply #162

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Pickford
Other

Coleman  Keane    Other   Baines
Kenny     Holgate   Other   Other

Davies    Gana    Rooney
Other      Other   Other

Walcott     Tosun     Sigurdsson
Other       Niasse    Bolasie

Promising Youth:
DCL
Lookman
Onyekuru
Dowell

Think I’ve been a bit positive here as well to be honest, and even then compared to the top 6 we look about £300m off not  taking into account the inevitable inflation of next summer.

In terms of getting 7th next year, I think 4 signings of young, athletic Europa level quality in CB/LB/CM/ST would make the world of difference.

Biggest priorities are :

1. A back up for Rooney who can do what rooney does. At the moment we can’t play when he’s not on the pitch and he won’t be here for long.

2. LB

3. A quality, mobile CB. Bonus points if they can ball a bit. Triple bonus points if they can organise a piss up in a brewery. Quadruple bonus points if they are entirely free of brain farts.

4. A striker, pace would be great, pace and goals would be even better.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 02:01:23 PM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 13, 2018, 05:38:51 PM
Reply #163

van der Meyde

Davies    Gana    Rooney
Other      Other   Other

I don't know a lot about Klaassen, but I've always had him pegged as being fairly similar to Davies.

From the little I've seen of Klaassen, they're both players who don't touch the ball an awful lot for midfielders, but have decent movement, support attacks and try to help out defensively.

I'd love to see what he was like in our most recent midfield 3 next to Gueye and Rooney at some point.

Otherwise, I think you've got the priorities spot on. Though I'd be buying a replacement for Rooney, rather than a back up.

February 13, 2018, 09:08:07 PM
Reply #164

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yes would save us a lot of money if Klaassen could suddenly turn out ok, box to box with a high work rate and typically picked up a lot of goals in Holland (15-20 per year).

However, he hasn’t been part of a squad for 9 weeks and hasn’t played for the u23s in that time. I’ve no idea what he does besides like people’s Instagram posts.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.