May 25, 2018, 06:24:12 AM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce looking to offload deadwood  (Read 3279 times)

January 19, 2018, 09:21:36 PM
Reply #15

bogie

need sunderland to come in again and clear it out

January 19, 2018, 09:28:20 PM
Reply #16

Lxxx

I must be in the minority but I don't think we've got that much deadwood at all. We've got a big squad but it's not exactly full of the standard of player we had 10 years ago and I don't go along with the fact none of them wouldn't get into many other decent teams in the league either.

I think the squad has been mismanaged, poorly coached and looks devoid of any motivation, which clearly you can't put solely at Allardyce's door as I think the issues run much deeper and longer term than that, but you'd like to see some evidence he can offer a plan to turn things around. He has five months now to show that, with the most talent he's ever had to work with.

January 19, 2018, 10:42:58 PM
Reply #17

Morta75

Sell these deadwood
Besic
Lennon
McCarthy
Niasse
Klaassen

January 19, 2018, 11:07:40 PM
Reply #18

Faceatthefence

Sell these deadwood
Besic
Lennon
McCarthy
Niasse
Klaassen
Looks like Lennons gone!
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.

January 20, 2018, 12:17:26 AM
Reply #19

Gash

Global Moderator
need sunderland to come in again and clear it out

I doubt they'd have Allardyce back.

January 20, 2018, 12:26:10 AM
Reply #20

therealdunc

How is Besic still here?
Did Bosnia make the World Cup?
Does he not need games?

Surely someone in the Scottish premiership can take him.
Blue

January 20, 2018, 12:33:31 AM
Reply #21

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
How is Besic still here?
Did Bosnia make the World Cup?
Does he not need games?

Surely someone in the Scottish premiership can take him.
See you are starting to try too hard

Simply simply lovely

January 20, 2018, 12:43:53 AM
Reply #22

toffee_scot

I guess we did spend just over £45m in this window so far which a couple of years ago would have been unthinkable.

I agree that a few players will need to move on in order to trim the squad, but seriously though, if there is one position that desperately needs addressing, it is left back. Has Steve Walsh not found one in the last 12 months since Oviedo left?

January 20, 2018, 12:51:10 AM
Reply #23

everton1952

He wasn't looking because Baines was still fairly ace and nobody, presumably including yourself, could foresee the extent of his decline.  I have not given up the hope that he can get back to near his best for another couple of seasons. He is not that old.

January 20, 2018, 01:11:14 AM
Reply #24

Lxxx

I guess we did spend just over £45m in this window so far which a couple of years ago would have been unthinkable.

I agree that a few players will need to move on in order to trim the squad, but seriously though, if there is one position that desperately needs addressing, it is left back. Has Steve Walsh not found one in the last 12 months since Oviedo left?

Left back? Are you sure?

January 20, 2018, 01:25:50 AM
Reply #25

bigl1cks

He wasn't looking because Baines was still fairly ace and nobody, presumably including yourself, could foresee the extent of his decline.  I have not given up the hope that he can get back to near his best for another couple of seasons. He is not that old.

Take it you didn't watch him over the past 12 months. He's shot
anything but long ball!

January 20, 2018, 01:26:00 AM
Reply #26

bacon sarnie

I doubt they'd have Allardyce back.

Good one.

Some shit in this snippet that had me laughing. Bin bags under the cover of darkness, the amount of clubs his new boss has pissed off etc....

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/19/theo-walcott-everton-debut-arsenal-departure-sam-allardyce

January 20, 2018, 01:44:42 AM
Reply #27

Hannibal Lecter

I badly hope that software exists somewhere because i want to try it
I know they used to have a program for that in here champman0102.co.uk/
Jönköpings Södra IF

January 20, 2018, 04:01:59 AM
Reply #28

eyesalwaysblue

We are so much better than everything ..it's just so unfair.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 20, 2018, 05:16:52 AM
Reply #29

Ross

Don’t think his signings so far, Cenk and Walcott are a shambles, am quite pleased with them.

So you think it’s a good idea the club lash out a £26m fee and £145k p/w wage on a player the DoF didn’t have on his radar 6 weeks back but the manager has been following for the last 18 months and most expect to be off in the summer?

Not a great idea for continuity is it? Like when we bought all those slow number tens in the summer and forgot about replacing the centre forward who bolted.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 05:24:48 AM by Ross »
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.