May 26, 2018, 03:14:50 PM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce looking to offload deadwood  (Read 3303 times)

January 20, 2018, 05:25:34 AM
Reply #30

Tony Clifton

Good one.

Some shit in this snippet that had me laughing. Bin bags under the cover of darkness, the amount of clubs his new boss has pissed off etc....

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/19/theo-walcott-everton-debut-arsenal-departure-sam-allardyce

The Great Escape part 2.  Coming Soon?

« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 05:26:37 AM by Tony Clifton »

January 20, 2018, 05:28:36 AM
Reply #31

Ross

The Great Escape part 2.  Coming Soon?

That moment when you realise youíve reached for the stinging nettles and not the dock leaf by mistake..
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 20, 2018, 05:31:05 AM
Reply #32

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
So you think itís a good idea the club lash out a £26m fee and £145k p/w wage on a player the DoF didnít have on his radar 6 weeks back but the manager has been following for the last 18 months and most expect to be off in the summer?

Not a great idea for continuity is it? Like when we bought all those slow number tens in the summer and forgot about replacing the centre forward who bolted.

In plain language you think Cenk is a bad signing and I think he is a good signing, the guy hasnít kicked a ball for us yet so letís see whose right in a couple of weeks, Iíll get back to you on that, and yes, I think Walcott is a good signing too, pity you think they are both a shambles, maybe youíre just the glass half empty type though.

January 20, 2018, 05:57:31 AM
Reply #33

Ross

In plain language you think Cenk is a bad signing and I think he is a good signing, the guy hasnít kicked a ball for us yet so letís see whose right in a couple of weeks, Iíll get back to you on that, and yes, I think Walcott is a good signing too, pity you think they are both a shambles, maybe youíre just the glass half empty type though.

No Iíve asked whether you think itís a good idea to recruit a very expansive player (or two) on the mangers (whoís just walked through the door) say so after telling our DoF heís the man he wants even though the DoF has been searching for a forward for 12 months and never even consider him.

Does that sound like an ideal DoF/Manager senior to you? Especially if the manger is getting the Spanish archer in the summer like most expect?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 20, 2018, 06:14:07 AM
Reply #34

MmmBlueRamirez

No Iíve asked whether you think itís a good idea to recruit a very expansive player (or two) on the mangers (whoís just walked through the door) say so after telling our DoF heís the man he wants even though the DoF has been searching for a forward for 12 months and never even consider him.

Does that sound like an ideal DoF/Manager senior to you? Especially if the manger is getting the Spanish archer in the summer like most expect?

Of all the heinous things to possibly do to a manger, the Spanish archer is by far the worst.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

January 20, 2018, 06:19:55 AM
Reply #35

Ross

Of all the heinous things to possibly do to a manger, the Spanish archer is by far the worst.

Iíd prefer to give him the Spanish Inquisition myself, ask him the same question over and over again.....

ďwhat the fuck happens when we go one nil down?Ē
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 06:21:58 AM by Ross »

January 21, 2018, 04:22:06 AM
Reply #36

bacon sarnie

That moment when you realise youíve reached for the stinging nettles and not the dock leaf by mistake..

Aye, you too. He looks like he's mistaken fibreglass for Izal super slip!

January 21, 2018, 04:40:13 AM
Reply #37

Ridge

Sigurdsson
Keane
Klaassen
Walcott
Schneiderlin
Williams

Wouldn't miss any of them and clear a fair amount of the wage bill, but would have to take a decent loss on most of them.

January 21, 2018, 06:07:42 AM
Reply #38

Gash

Global Moderator
Sigurdsson
Keane
Klaassen
Walcott
Schneiderlin
Williams

Wouldn't miss any of them and clear a fair amount of the wage bill, but would have to take a decent loss on most of them.

Nothing like writing off a player we just bought two days ago. Some absolute mental posts come off your keyboard these days.

January 21, 2018, 06:50:07 AM
Reply #39

gizzblue

Sigurdsson
Keane
Klaassen
Walcott
Schneiderlin
Williams

Wrong! no Walcott no assist for Niasse today ..ffs...lads had one start .
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 06:52:49 AM by gizzblue »

January 21, 2018, 07:12:23 AM
Reply #40

Ridge

Nothing like writing off a player we just bought two days ago. Some absolute mental posts come off your keyboard these days.

Yayaya, have a look back through the posts. They sound weird at the time, most people disagree, then end up in same place in due course.

I'm not too fussed about general consensus. People will believe what they want to, and tend to follow crowds, regardless of evidence.

You could have watched Walcott play over last decade, he's been in PL. It's nothing personal, he's fast, but not very good. He got an assist today and think he'll get some goals, but he takes more than he contributes to team. Might be useful as a squad player, but he's on big money.

January 21, 2018, 07:20:40 AM
Reply #41

Bally

Administrator
Yayaya, have a look back through the posts. They sound weird at the time, most people disagree, then end up in same place in due course.

I'm not too fussed about general consensus. People will believe what they want to, and tend to follow crowds, regardless of evidence.

You could have watched Walcott play over last decade, he's been in PL. It's nothing personal, he's fast, but not very good. He got an assist today and think he'll get some goals, but he takes more than he contributes to team. Might be useful as a squad player, but he's on big money.
Wut
It's the roll I way

January 21, 2018, 07:43:27 AM
Reply #42

Gash

Global Moderator

£20m in today's climate was good business. He scored 14 goals last year in the CL and PL in 26 starts and 8 subs appearances not playing as a striker. Over the decade he has a one on roughly 3.5 goal ratio, again not playing as a striker. We've not had a player like that in years and you want to get rid after one game and one assist.  You're an absolute rocket.

January 21, 2018, 05:37:02 PM
Reply #43

Ridge

£20m in today's climate was good business. He scored 14 goals last year in the CL and PL in 26 starts and 8 subs appearances not playing as a striker. Over the decade he has a one on roughly 3.5 goal ratio, again not playing as a striker. We've not had a player like that in years and you want to get rid after one game and one assist.  You're an absolute rocket.

£20m in Everton climate is good business, in PL it's not, we won't make a profit. He can't play as a striker and he's not a creative player. After yesterday, he's got 8 assists in last 4 seasons, roughly 1 in 12 assist ratio, playing in creative role. We've literally just sold Mirallas, who has similar output of goals + assists.

On a smaller pitch, with less creative talent, in a team that struggles to build or create chances. I think all those players are decent squad players, but they are on first team money and struggling to hold down first team berth in a one of the worst Everton team's in many years.

January 22, 2018, 03:31:28 PM
Reply #44

Lincs Toffee

He got a shot on fucking target, he has to stay !!!
ďI used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that.Ē - Dixie Dean