December 12, 2018, 05:26:43 AM

Author Topic: Usmanov  (Read 47921 times)

January 21, 2018, 08:24:45 PM
Read 47921 times

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
He could do a lot worse than look at that lot across the park in how to structure the football side of the business. They clearly have a strategy, a plan, a way of playing, a method of player recruitment which, in any other given season, would see them challenging for the title. All done while playing entertaining football and self sustainable by buying and selling wisely.

Pains me to say it but they're light years ahead both on and off that park.

They were all over the place for a bit though.

January 22, 2018, 01:08:00 AM
Reply #1

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
If Usmanov's coming on board why are we fucking about giving the council two thirds of the new stadium?

Why would anyone want to pay for it if there’s a cheaper alternative?

However much money you’ve got £500m is a lot so the club would be borrowing it from somewhere. 

January 22, 2018, 01:12:45 AM
Reply #2

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Is he saving it or giving up a stake in something?

Council won’t be owning the ground. They’re guaranteeing the loan (which will be at lower rate than a private finance option).

If no council involvement we’d be paying x2 interest for example.

January 23, 2018, 03:02:26 PM
Reply #3

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
We’re 20th in the Deloitte money league...

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11218807/manchester-united-pip-real-madrid-to-top-deloitte-money-league

But only 10th in the PL.

I know it’s only revenue based but we’re not actually in a massively better position that teams we consider also rans.

From their CL run last year Leicester pulled in £60m more than us.

January 23, 2018, 03:45:50 PM
Reply #4

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Guessing their ticket prices are quite high?

Although I’ve no actual knowledge of the socio-economic situation in Southampton... :eh:

August 07, 2018, 05:55:54 PM
Reply #5

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I also believe he couldn't sponsor the stadium or the training ground if he comes on-board, so maybe he will sit as a silent partner?

The rules are that the sponsorship has to be in line with the market.

So if we had a deal that was 100 times more than anyone else, it would look dodgy.

If it’s in line with other deals (which for us is a big increase) then it would be fine.

August 15, 2018, 12:33:30 PM
Reply #6

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
“Moral support”.

Yes I’m sure that’s what he might have meant.