October 21, 2018, 09:16:37 PM

Author Topic: Usmanov  (Read 44088 times)

January 22, 2018, 12:33:42 AM
Reply #60

Picko1975

Iíve always thought, IF he was even thinking about coming in, then he would wait until any funding for the new stadium was actually formally signed with the council. That way he wouldnít need to think about having to put 300-400 million in without even touching the playing side of things. Could you imagine the fume from the redshite though if he came in shortly after the current board agreed the funding with the council  :snigger:

January 22, 2018, 12:36:02 AM
Reply #61

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Iím so easily blagged when it comes to Everton. I kid myself like 99% of the time that weíre in the cusp of greatness.

Like I could easily convince myself that Sky Sports next story is that big Usmanov will take over as majority shareholder, Allardyce has been relieved of duties and weíve agreed compensation for Diego Simeone and heís flying into John Lennon for advanced talks.

Wednesday- 10am
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

January 22, 2018, 12:36:37 AM
Reply #62

Zoolander

NSNO Subscriber
Probably does hinge on the planning permission for BMD. Once thatís confirmed investing in Everton and the surrounding area will make huge profits - the commercial opportunities around that area once the stadium has the green light are huge.
USM BMD....

January 22, 2018, 12:43:00 AM
Reply #63

eugene

Probably does hinge on the planning permission for BMD. Once that's confirmed investing in Everton and the surrounding area will make huge profits - the commercial opportunities around that area once the stadium has the green light are huge.
USM BMD....
I fully agree, itís a massive opportunity to invest in, letís not forget Mosh has already bought the liver building and Peel donít seem to be making any moves soon.

January 22, 2018, 12:54:06 AM
Reply #64

Alanvideo

I fully agree, itís a massive opportunity to invest in, letís not forget Mosh has already bought the liver building and Peel donít seem to be making any moves soon.
.................for the sake of accuracy , Moshiri is only the joint owner of the Liver Building in a consortium with Corestate. It was said at the AGM that EFC will move some staff in and take the entire 7th floor - but you can be sure the club will pay full market rent.
As others have said Moshiri ,and maybe Usmanov ,are attracted to Everton partly because of the North Docks development .
We are special ,we are Everton.

January 22, 2018, 12:58:21 AM
Reply #65

Mayor Farnum

If Usmanov's coming on board why are we fucking about giving the council two thirds of the new stadium?

January 22, 2018, 01:08:00 AM
Reply #66

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
If Usmanov's coming on board why are we fucking about giving the council two thirds of the new stadium?

Why would anyone want to pay for it if thereís a cheaper alternative?

However much money youíve got £500m is a lot so the club would be borrowing it from somewhere. 

January 22, 2018, 01:09:18 AM
Reply #67

Lxxx

They perhaps wouldn't want one of the world's richest men, with something to prove, in sole control of a club on their doorstep?

It's also not in any of the top 6's interests to have that potentially enlarged to a top 7. I imagine most of the sponsorship deals the top clubs have are heavily predicated on Champions League qualification and the  exposure that playing in it gives those companies.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 01:10:44 AM by Lxxx »

January 22, 2018, 01:09:35 AM
Reply #68

Cozzie

He may be the richest man in britain but if he could save 500M he obviously would.

January 22, 2018, 01:11:05 AM
Reply #69

Mayor Farnum

He may be the richest man in britain but if he could save 500M he obviously would.

Is he saving it or giving up a stake in something?

January 22, 2018, 01:12:45 AM
Reply #70

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Is he saving it or giving up a stake in something?

Council wonít be owning the ground. Theyíre guaranteeing the loan (which will be at lower rate than a private finance option).

If no council involvement weíd be paying x2 interest for example.

January 22, 2018, 01:18:29 AM
Reply #71

blue slug

I so want this to be true that Iím going to believe in the power of djangos ITKing

January 22, 2018, 01:27:08 AM
Reply #72

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

To make the kopites fume

January 22, 2018, 01:43:20 AM
Reply #73

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
This would be huge.

January 22, 2018, 01:45:40 AM
Reply #74

sam of the south

This would explain the Panorama spotlight, probably demanded and funded by the top 6!
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them