December 15, 2018, 11:39:00 AM

Author Topic: Usmanov  (Read 48075 times)

August 07, 2018, 02:56:25 PM
Reply #15

Cozzie

Casting morals aside is never a great stance to take, thatís stooping to RS levels.

Itís not like Iíd stop supporting the club, but Iíd certainly be unhappy about having somebody like Usmanov associated with the club.

I like to think weíre a Ďgoodí club with the history we have of supporting past players and things like Everton in the community. We all want success, but not at the cost of that identity.

Couldn't give 2 shits.

Don't think City did either when Aguero scored that goal.

August 07, 2018, 09:58:28 PM
Reply #16

Cozzie

Already been posted Jimmy but I really want this to happen now

August 07, 2018, 10:21:30 PM
Reply #17

Cozzie

Has to be us if he is to invest.

Makes every bit of sense.

August 15, 2018, 10:11:19 PM
Reply #18

Cozzie

Probably means fuck all but interesting to see that Usmanov is a producer for one of Kenwrights shows.

August 15, 2018, 11:06:30 PM
Reply #19

Cozzie

Makes sense. If he can help us with the materials to build a new stadium, maybe offer to sponsor the arena for x number of years which can be borrowed against, offer his contacts for Moshiri to leverage off. He can assist his friend financially without officially ploughing money into the club. Either way it's good for us.

Part of me maybe thinks that is what's happening now anyway.

Moshiri was quoted as saying, I believe, something along the lines of "as long as I am involved here money will never be an issue". I think Usmanov is writing the guy cheques left, right and centre.

As long as Moshiri is involved here then so will Usmanov, in some capacity, even if it isn't having a direct seat on the board.

This is evident with his company already sponsoring the training ground.

September 08, 2018, 07:39:36 PM
Reply #20

Cozzie

Usmanov looks like one more flight of stairs would kill him.

September 11, 2018, 07:15:40 PM
Reply #21

Cozzie

Yep.

Usmanov can still buy in, nothing really preventing that, wouldn't expect anything soon though mind.

September 11, 2018, 07:20:01 PM
Reply #22

Cozzie

Evertons Official comment:

So it is part of the initial agreement and he will be buying new shares before summer next year.
The shares he has bought have come from Kenwright and Woods.
This is a good way of getting around FFP 9share purchasing).

As I am not totally clued up as to how FFP actually works and operates, how exactly DOES this effect us in that regard as you said it does?

September 11, 2018, 11:09:34 PM
Reply #23

Cozzie

That statement doesn't necessarily mean anything tbh.

It just may mean Usmanov isn't ready to invest now. Years down the line when the stadium is up and running and he sees it as a more tasty prospect.

However, part of me believes he is writing Moshiri cheques left, right and centre and is just seeing how things pan out.

September 12, 2018, 08:19:28 PM
Reply #24

Cozzie

A million millions is an English billion. The one we all use (a thousand million) is the american 9and now universally accepted) billion.

It follows your basic latin-based/med type language:

Bi
Tri
Qua
Qui
Sex
Sept
Oct
Nov
Dec
Undec
Duodec
Tredec
etc

A "Sexillion" just sounds amazing no matter what 😎

October 02, 2018, 04:06:32 PM
Reply #25

Cozzie

We just would typically choose to leave the EU to provide complications for the richest man in England to invest in us wouldn't we?

Everton that.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 04:07:46 PM by Cozzie »

October 21, 2018, 06:35:20 PM
Reply #26

Cozzie

Until he officially declares he isn't interested in buying in to us articles like this will not go away.