October 15, 2019, 01:36:52 PM

Author Topic: Is Schneiderlin a bad player?  (Read 16324 times)

January 22, 2018, 02:35:59 PM
Read 16324 times

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Didn’t Pochettino want to take him to Spurs but S’hampton wouldn’t sell?

Think there’s enough managers who want him, bought him and pick him to suggest that he’s good enough.

Been disappointed that he’s looked so slow though.

Might be that he needs to play every week to get rhythm in his game.

January 23, 2018, 04:56:39 AM
Reply #1

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
With his best in possession skill being the switch of play, it’s only useful if the opposition is dragged towards the ball on one side of the pitch, exposing the other.

That doesn’t happen unless you’ve got good possession high up the pitch.

February 10, 2018, 10:56:01 PM
Reply #2

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Embarrassing booing him when he came on today.

February 10, 2018, 11:02:15 PM
Reply #3

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I'd hoped it was for the change rather than the person but probably not.

Just a generally shite atmosphere all over the club at the moment, even when we're winning.

Yes it was probably a bit of both but there was a second wave of boos when he ran on.

February 10, 2018, 11:16:17 PM
Reply #4

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I'd never boo one of our own players myself, but the clip of him not being arsed to close a shot down properly against Arsenal has made a lot of fans angry.

In a sheep like fashion.

As if the rest of the team wasn’t completely useless.

Whoever did that video did it to scapegoat.

A bit like Martina was at fault for every goal / dropped point a few weeks ago.

February 10, 2018, 11:26:55 PM
Reply #5

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah because Schneiderlin has been nothing short of class this season and deserves a break 😅😅....never seen a player so "not arsed" since Jo sat on his arse on the pitch before he got shipped out ....cant believe people still want this fraud of a shithouse on the pitch tbh.

Nah it’s embarrassing.

If he wasn’t arsed would he have been picked by all 3 managers so far this season.

February 11, 2018, 01:20:54 AM
Reply #6

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
My memory has him stinking the place out. Who else? Just out of morbid curiosity.

Think it was because everyone had it in their minds that he’d caused unrest; so that when we got stuffed his own performance was hammered.

February 11, 2018, 01:29:36 AM
Reply #7

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

February 12, 2018, 12:44:44 AM
Reply #8

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Listen you need to be a certain kind of character to make it at this club these days. The fans have always been quite vocal but they're pretty unforgiving now and if players are taking the piss, which Schneiderlin has been for the majority of his time here, then they're gonna get called out.

I don't think we're any worse than some of the crowds on the continent it just seems we're most vocal in the Premier League, but so what. We demand a certain level of effort and regardless of ability that should be a bare minimum. Niasse is one player who has it in spades and he's shown that Evertonians will forgive a lack of quality for leaving everything out on the pitch so let's not have it perceived we're a nasty bunch, we just pay our money and expect to see it returned.

We’ve given players who try hard a load of stick over the years.

Not that level obviously but players like Hibbert and Osman were regularly hammered.

Pembridge or whoever got dogs abuse for years etc.

I do think that this has been exacerbated by the internet age where one video of him actually getting back in the box (when we’ve all seen players not even bothered getting back) causes mass indignation.