October 23, 2019, 06:05:48 PM

Author Topic: Is Schneiderlin a bad player?  (Read 16498 times)

January 22, 2018, 11:05:44 PM
Read 16498 times

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
ask yourself this those of you who play/played footy...

how hard was it to pass the ball into someone who is already man marked.......

and for me therein lies the problem......everyone wants him to play the ball forward all the time....who to ?

DCL ? cant lose his marker and find space......
NIasse......well it's niasse.....

hopefully Tosun will give him that pass......as well maybe bolasi and Walcott out wide will do...

remember last season (his best games for us) he had both barkley and Lukaku in front of him...

he does tend to play the short pass but that's probably because he's got rooney and sugurdson/Gueye next to him...easy ball....

if his job/instructions are win it and give it ..then he's doing his job...isn't he? I think his "lack of bottle" as people are saying are more an instruction to curb his yellow and red cards....

Just my opinion....

There's also the matter of the speed with which we play. If you don't play the ball quickly, every option you'd have will be marked by the time you make up your mind. (And your slowness might in turn be caused by the ball to you already being a shit one, and so on.)

But he has definitely been lackadaisical at times, both on and off the ball.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

January 29, 2018, 09:31:36 PM
Reply #1

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Back to the OP - is there a difference between a bad player or a good player that consistently puts in bad performances?

A bad player can be relied upon to produce a certain level of performance, even if that level isn't too high. You can organise your team to cover up his weaknesses, you can only deploy him in certain situations and so on, you've got a whole host of options.

A good player playing badly is worse, as you can't build anything on him, no consistency to his game, not even in his mistakes, there's literally fuck all you can do.

And that's before we get into how it affects the dressing room.

So for practical reasons I'd much rather have a shit player playing his heart out than a good player who can't be arsed.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.