November 18, 2018, 03:20:48 AM

Author Topic: Is Schneiderlin a bad player?  (Read 12642 times)

January 29, 2018, 10:18:42 PM
Reply #15

Lxxx

Please don't

You know it's only a matter of time before we see it rolling across the SSN yellow bar....

January 29, 2018, 10:21:35 PM
Reply #16

Lxxx

Serious question but is Van Aarnholt actually as bad as everyone makes out? Whenever I've seen him he's looked pretty athletic and bombs up and down the left flank and pops up with a few goals too. Compared to the current encumbent of the left back slot that sounds pretty orgasmic.

January 30, 2018, 05:00:24 AM
Reply #17

Lxxx

Only worth it if we can also bring someone in. Another injury in midfield and we'd struggle!

No we wouldn’t. We have one game a week left from here on in, we could easily bank the cash and it wouldn’t materially affect us at all if he left tomorrow.

January 30, 2018, 03:18:24 PM
Reply #18

Lxxx

You know what, if I was a player bought in by a manager who believed in me, looked after me, pushed me, got the best out of me... then saw that manager replaced by Sam Allardyce, I'd be a bit fucking jaded too. Yes he was badly out of form at the start of the season, but that happens to every player. The 'Everton project' he was sold when we signed him has vastly changed. Anyone in the same position would be questioning their position, which in turn will affect performances, it's human nature.

But these are professional sportsmen, it’s not like a normal job.
Most other footballers seem to cope with changes of manager okay, the fact his arse has fallen out means he’s soft and not one who can be relied upon so get rid.

January 30, 2018, 05:05:09 PM
Reply #19

Lxxx

Does Allardyce bring Davies back in or does he try the Gana/Schneiderlin nightmare some more?

Just the mere thought of it brings a little bit of vomit up in the throat.

January 30, 2018, 05:12:35 PM
Reply #20

Lxxx

I know I've said it numerous times but I keep reading similar sentiments on here so I think it must be some kind of selective memory when it comes to Schneiderlin. He only played eight games for us before getting injured when he joined last year and then came back in fits and starts until the end of the season. This notion that he was amazing when he joined probably did coincide with a good run of form for us but in reality he played a handful of games in that stretch, so he wasn't on a long run of good form like some seem to think.   

January 30, 2018, 07:52:24 PM
Reply #21

Lxxx

Looks like it could be either Schneiderlin or Besic to leave

Who you would prefer to lose/let go?

Would snap their hands off if we got offers for both of them. We have Rooney, Davies, Sig, Gana and Beni who can play in the centre and with one game a week from here on it, at the most, then we should have plenty to get by.

January 30, 2018, 08:10:37 PM
Reply #22

Lxxx

TBH I like both of them and think they both offer something different to each other.....

with wats left.....
rooney - no legs, loadsa experience plus goals.....if he gets injured ???
Davies - loadsa legs, some experience, no end product...
siggurdson - bit of everything, not loads of anything ...at the moment
Gana - loadsa legs, experience, no positional discipline...
Beni - not a lot of anything......at the moment ( not a negative just explanation)

sez it all imo....

There's enough in those five, with Klaassan if Sam can't get rid and wants another look, to bank the cash, (if offered)  and get us through until we can buy some quality in the summer.

January 30, 2018, 08:18:23 PM
Reply #23

Lxxx

its sam tho....he'll go for experience over youth everytime so you can rule the 2 young lads out and then klaassan....well I think its all been sed about davy........he wont get a look in with sam ...

I get the feeling the only reason we'll see a change from the "usual" will be because of injuries or suspensions....then a midfield will be forced on him and touch wood...it will work out perfectly as the "right" choices....if you get my drift..

If, reading between the lines, you're saying he's a football dinosaur then I agree.

January 30, 2018, 09:29:29 PM
Reply #24

Lxxx

unfortunately when you've got a group of players underperforming like we have every little mishap, misplaced pass/tackle error is highlighted and exaggerated.......davies for me is a work in progress and to learn he has to make mistakes and learn from them....his personal development has been accelerated by poor managers and poor team performances.....now his "form" is suffering....

for me personally all i'd like to see from davies at present is an end product.... whether that be a 5 yard/25 yard pass, a slotted channel pass or any positive his effort deserves would be enough......

He's more likely to get that now though as it looks like he'd have players to pass to. Bolasie, Walcott and Tosun all look like they'd appreciate an early pass whereas I'm not sure what benefit an early ball would give to Lennon, Sig or DCL.

January 30, 2018, 09:47:36 PM
Reply #25

Lxxx

Yep. I think you could swap Sigurdsson for Rooney and make it work too.

Davies-Gana are non-negotiable for me.

Yep. You could dispense with Besic, Schneiderlin and you could have added McCarthy to that too. Maybe even Klaassan to bank some cash and start again, to no material detriment to the team.

February 11, 2018, 03:39:09 AM
Reply #26

Lxxx

Listen you need to be a certain kind of character to make it at this club these days. The fans have always been quite vocal but they're pretty unforgiving now and if players are taking the piss, which Schneiderlin has been for the majority of his time here, then they're gonna get called out.

I don't think we're any worse than some of the crowds on the continent it just seems we're most vocal in the Premier League, but so what. We demand a certain level of effort and regardless of ability that should be a bare minimum. Niasse is one player who has it in spades and he's shown that Evertonians will forgive a lack of quality for leaving everything out on the pitch so let's not have it perceived we're a nasty bunch, we just pay our money and expect to see it returned.