September 22, 2019, 03:05:57 PM

Author Topic: Is Schneiderlin a bad player?  (Read 16058 times)

January 22, 2018, 02:45:06 AM
Read 16058 times

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He's a shithouse. Doesn't have the bottle to take control of the midfield and drag us through games.

The atmosphere towards him at the ground is toxic. Genuinely wouldn't surprise me if a nyarko situation happens with him.

If we were playing well he'd be sound, but he has no interest now it's gone to shit.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 22, 2018, 03:43:02 AM
Reply #1

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Just to provide a bit of a counterargument, people criticise him (and McCarthy) for not playing a forward pass but (a) he's almost certainly under strict instructions not to lose possession at all costs and (b) there's usually fuck all movement in front of him and he's probably under strict instructions not to pass to anyone that's marked.

Though in response to the original question, he's nowhere near good enough to run the centre of the pitch for us, particularly if the person next to him is someone utterly lacking in creativity like Gueye.

He's played the same way under three different managers, though.

When you're picking the ball up, putting your foot on it and completely slowing the game down you're going to have limited options in playing the ball forward.

That's what Barry was so good at. Picking it up from the centre half and releasing the ball quickly to the three infront of him.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 03:44:52 AM by TheRam »

January 24, 2018, 11:22:31 PM
Reply #2

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Can't believe we're still having the same debate.

January 29, 2018, 08:33:44 PM
Reply #3

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He is so fucking West Ham.

January 29, 2018, 10:20:56 PM
Reply #4

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Sorry. Whispers from reliable sources on other forums that Allardyce rejected Walsh's left back shortlist and wants his old pal.

Brace yourself.

Please die

January 29, 2018, 10:37:13 PM
Reply #5

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
As much as I want him gone, it wouldn't be the best squad management to sell a first team player right at the end of the window with not much time to replace.

I'm not too arsed about a replacement myself and I'd love to see more of beni, but can understand why the club would be reluctant to sell.

January 30, 2018, 12:04:47 PM
Reply #6

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
You know what, if I was a player bought in by a manager who believed in me, looked after me, pushed me, got the best out of me... then saw that manager replaced by Sam Allardyce, I'd be a bit fucking jaded too. Yes he was badly out of form at the start of the season, but that happens to every player. The 'Everton project' he was sold when we signed him has vastly changed. Anyone in the same position would be questioning their position, which in turn will affect performances, it's human nature.

Or you just get on with it and try to impress the new manager?

The fact he's threw the towel in as soon as things started not to go well vindicates a decision to get rid asap, if we do.

February 11, 2018, 01:35:01 AM
Reply #7

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I've got no time for him.

Hope he's really upset by the reaction and it ruins his Saturday night.