September 19, 2019, 05:45:56 PM

Author Topic: Is Schneiderlin a bad player?  (Read 15986 times)

January 30, 2018, 05:07:23 PM
Read 15986 times

AllyBlue14

Naive to think that players aren't affected by exactly the same work place stresses that impact us all, regardless of how much they earn.

This may be fair enough, but when you are a senior member of the squad, you have to stand up and be counted. The fact that we are paying him all this money means that we expect a certain level of performance, which he has clearly not delivered this season.

Going through a bad patch is one thing, but when you look as if you are apathetic to the result and there have been reports of a bad attitude, then it is time to move him on.

And in any case, he was shit at the start of the season and for Unsworth too, long before he knew anything about Allardyce joining. Even then, if you are earning half a million pounds a month, is it too much to expect a little effort?

January 30, 2018, 07:16:50 PM
Reply #1

AllyBlue14

I never said he shouldn't, I'm only saying that I can appreciate how a player might feel jaded by the scenario. And that can manifest into any reaction.

But Schneiderlin has been shit all season, regardless of the scenario - he is arguably part of the reason we find ourselves with Allardyce as manager (i.e. one of a number of players not playing to expectations).

January 30, 2018, 07:24:15 PM
Reply #2

AllyBlue14

Looks like it could be either Schneiderlin or Besic to leave

Who you would prefer to lose/let go?

Schneiderlin - at least, as far as we know, Besic has a good attitude and is probably on less than 120k a week.