February 21, 2018, 09:37:19 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Leicester  (Read 11730 times)

January 23, 2018, 01:40:14 PM
Reply #45

Shogun

Administrator
Leicester H
Arsenal A
Palace H
Watford A
Burnley A
Brighton H
Stoke A
City A

Any points out of these then?

What does it say about us that I cant see us winning any of them.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 23, 2018, 01:41:52 PM
Reply #46

Macca77

What does it say about us that I cant see us winning any of them.

Brighton at home is the only game i reckon we will win

January 23, 2018, 02:33:40 PM
Reply #47

Lxxx

Leicester are the team we should be.

Well they did win the league 18 months ago. We can only dream of being them.

January 23, 2018, 05:02:43 PM
Reply #48

Ramjam

Leicester H loss
Arsenal A loss
Palace H win
Watford A draw
Burnley A draw
Brighton H win
Stoke A draw
City A loss

9 point return but it will be panic stations when we lose the first two
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 05:04:27 PM by Ramjam »
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 23, 2018, 05:19:50 PM
Reply #49

everton1952

In some ways the 10 days to prepare for the next game is a good thing. In another way it isn't with no football, no chance to quickly put things right, and nothing for fans to do except criticise and worry.  The prospect of a defeat by Leicester who are a good side playing with some confidence, followed by our usual collapse at Arsenal  will send shock waves though Everton. The 12pts still needed will look a lot more scary after that.  Looking at the WBA game, Sam's remarks about his players being afraid of playing were spot on. I know they are paid mega money to fix it, but how do you restore confidence into scared players probably dreading playing in front of their own crowd?  I don't know, but I am getting scared that is for sure. Spare us please from taking it all the way to the wire. I thought I would never see that again.

January 23, 2018, 05:47:43 PM
Reply #50

Lxxx

In some ways the 10 days to prepare for the next game is a good thing. In another way it isn't with no football, no chance to quickly put things right, and nothing for fans to do except criticise and worry.  The prospect of a defeat by Leicester who are a good side playing with some confidence, followed by our usual collapse at Arsenal  will send shock waves though Everton. The 12pts still needed will look a lot more scary after that.  Looking at the WBA game, Sam's remarks about his players being afraid of playing were spot on. I know they are paid mega money to fix it, but how do you restore confidence into scared players probably dreading playing in front of their own crowd?  I don't know, but I am getting scared that is for sure. Spare us please from taking it all the way to the wire. I thought I would never see that again.

He had plenty of time to prepare for the West Brom game, a full week, but they had two days off instead of working on how he was going to integrate three new players into the front three positions. Which might have been the reason they looked like three strangers in the first half.

January 23, 2018, 06:01:25 PM
Reply #51

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Leicester H
Arsenal A
Palace H
Watford A
Burnley A
Brighton H
Stoke A
City A

City game would be H.

To answer the question, until we start seeing a cohesive performance its hard to be confident about any of those.

This first game (this one versus Leicester) is almost season defining for me. Lose and were going to be hoping to get safety at this rate 1 point at a time. If we find a way to win, with Burnley slightly slipping it could mean we stumble our way to 7th.

Again in an attempt to be positive we might be getting better suited to play those away games with the likes of Walcott and Bolasie (if he can get back to any sort of form) on the wings.

January 23, 2018, 07:45:45 PM
Reply #52

blob

burnley have signed lennon for an undisclosed fee...

January 23, 2018, 07:49:33 PM
Reply #53

Lxxx

burnley have signed lennon for an undisclosed fee...

Thanks.

January 23, 2018, 08:21:49 PM
Reply #54

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Leicester H
Arsenal A
Palace H
Watford A
Burnley A
Brighton H
Stoke A
City A

We need some points on the board soon.

Could anyone see Sam going?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 23, 2018, 08:24:13 PM
Reply #55

gizzblue

Said it before ...it would be very everton to be the first to bin him off before the seasons over.

Here's hoping .

January 23, 2018, 08:40:31 PM
Reply #56

Lxxx

If we nosedive then yeh. Then Marco Silva will take over and the compensation we offered to pay Watford we'll use to pay Sam off. Funny how things work out.

January 23, 2018, 09:50:18 PM
Reply #57

Lincs Toffee

Well something needs to happen and quick, we are stale as fuck at the moment with no idea how to find space for each other or create anything, the only chances we really get are from set pieces, we are just not hungry enough to make anything work (Walcott aside, as you could see his frustration already against West Brom). It is means making us look even more of a laughing stock than we already are, just fucking get on with it and bring someone in who can at least play attacking and creative football, however, they will still need to give the players a shot up the arse to perform.
I can only see 7 pts max from that list.
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

January 23, 2018, 10:13:25 PM
Reply #58

Toddacelli

Leicester H
Arsenal A
Palace H
Watford A
Burnley A
Brighton H
Stoke A
City A

The only banker there is City - the rest could all easily make us look ridiculous.

Everton that.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

January 23, 2018, 10:28:35 PM
Reply #59

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Said it before ...it would be very everton to be the first to bin him off before the seasons over.

Here's hoping .

Personally think The Most Everton Timeline (tm) would be to opt for relegation firefighter Big Sam, and drag him down and out for yet another Everton First.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.