May 25, 2018, 09:35:01 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Leicester  (Read 15180 times)

January 25, 2018, 04:57:21 PM
Reply #75

everton1952

Unsworth seems to have a different opinion to you about Garbutt, but what does Unsie know? Good job he never became manager if his judgement is that crap.

January 25, 2018, 10:21:46 PM
Reply #76

Lincs Toffee

From what I've seen he puts a mean cross in with his left, so I'm presuming it's his defensive capabilities that's the problem. Not looking forward to him getting rinsed by a decent winger.
Pretty much this, from when i've watched him he always misses the first man when crossing, although over hits them more than he should, his attacking side is far superior to Cuco, but defending is his failing, maybe too concerned about getting his hair ruffled.
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

January 26, 2018, 12:41:41 AM
Reply #77

Shogun

Administrator
I don't really care if he's a shit defender.

It's all about balance and we need to have natural attacking full backs for us to work otherwise we just defend with 6 and get pinned back.

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 26, 2018, 02:00:13 PM
Reply #78

GrantyBoy78

Garbutt or Martina...its still the worst back 4 in the league. Even teams with shit defences like Bournemouth; their defenders are at least a unit who know their jobs and have played together for years.

January 26, 2018, 09:27:51 PM
Reply #79

Paddockoldie

Pretty much this, from when i've watched him he always misses the first man when crossing, although over hits them more than he should, his attacking side is far superior to Cuco, but defending is his failing, maybe too concerned about getting his hair ruffled.

Whereas Martina can't attack or defend, so Garbutt's got one plus. Plus he'll know it's shit or bust time so will be proper focused on his defending.

January 26, 2018, 09:34:43 PM
Reply #80

D15TIN

Garbutt or Martina...it’s still the worst back 4 in the league. Even teams with shit defences like Bournemouth; their defenders are at least a unit who know their jobs and have played together for years.
This is what worries me if we take on Silva in the summer, it's quite clear he doesn't really focus on defending

January 26, 2018, 09:34:51 PM
Reply #81

Macca77

I've had a little look in the latest edition of the 2010-2020 Grays Sports Almanac,

We win this game 2-1

Get yourselves to the bookies and throw your wages on it.

January 26, 2018, 10:15:09 PM
Reply #82

everton1952

Silva, Really ? I think the shine may have gone off and I doubt we would look at him again. Still a very good looking fellow though,  so some might still be attracted to him.

January 26, 2018, 11:07:07 PM
Reply #83

D15TIN

Silva, Really ? I think the shine may have gone off and I doubt we would look at him again. Still a very good looking fellow though,  so some might still be attracted to him.
Think it'll be him after Shakhtar knock us back again for Fonseca

January 26, 2018, 11:19:25 PM
Reply #84

everton1952

Tomorrow will be bloody awful with all those cup games. Maybe the shite will get knocked out. I have so little interest I don't even know who they are playing.

January 27, 2018, 04:29:25 PM
Reply #85

Lxxx

Tomorrow will be bloody awful with all those cup games. Maybe the shite will get knocked out. I have so little interest I don't even know who they are playing.

To be fair I couldn't tell you we are due to play most weeks now. Just wrap the season up and let's move on.

January 27, 2018, 05:45:15 PM
Reply #86

eyesalwaysblue

Silva...What a massive leap forward that would be.......
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 27, 2018, 07:04:47 PM
Reply #87

mikey_blue

Leicester are ripping Peterborough apart here. 0-3 and only 30 mins gone. Imagine what they'll do to lesser opposition.

January 27, 2018, 07:08:26 PM
Reply #88

Lincs Toffee

The way they are playing they will rip us a new one... iheanacho looking a good signing for them, bastards
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

January 27, 2018, 07:33:30 PM
Reply #89

Gash

Global Moderator
The way they are playing they will rip us a new one... iheanacho looking a good signing for them, bastards

I haven't seen much of him this season but apparently he's been a really poor signing for them and they're even looking to move him on. The fact he's playing in the FA Cup and only has a couple of Premier League starts probably backs that up.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 08:54:39 PM by Gash »