May 24, 2018, 09:11:24 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Leicester  (Read 15146 times)

January 31, 2018, 01:00:56 AM
Reply #165

kramer0

Our left hand side is embarrassing. Sigurdsson, uncomfortable as a left winger who naturally cuts inside and leaves gaping holes and Martina, uncomfortable at left back = very comfortable evening for Leicesterís right back and right winger. <quickly adds Leciester to midweek acca>

True, but there's not a whole lot of choice over there. It's a squad planning/transfer market issue that Martina is our only current option at left back*. It's unfortunate that Sigurdsson is the only player we have who's done a decent job covering him.

It's a squad problem, not a tactical one. Allardyce is (partly) to blame for targeting less pressing areas, not for putting that team on the field with the squad he has at his disposal.

* Plenty of ITK reports that Garbutt has been awful in training before someone brings that up.

January 31, 2018, 01:28:14 AM
Reply #166

Redartin

True, but there's not a whole lot of choice over there. It's a squad planning/transfer market issue that Martina is our only current option at left back*. It's unfortunate that Sigurdsson is the only player we have who's done a decent job covering him.

It's a squad problem, not a tactical one. Allardyce is (partly) to blame for targeting less pressing areas, not for putting that team on the field with the squad he has at his disposal.

* Plenty of ITK reports that Garbutt has been awful in training before someone brings that up.

He should slot into the team nicely then.

January 31, 2018, 01:29:41 AM
Reply #167

Lxxx

Sane out for 6 weeks so City bid 50 million for his replacement, its ridiculous

Especially when they signed that left footed attacker from Monaco for £35m and he can't get a game.

January 31, 2018, 01:39:00 AM
Reply #168

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Hey, it's a good midfield. I bet we look a lot more competent overall, even if the back four and front three are less than ideal.

My biggest complaint is Niasse. Why can't we leave him to his super sub role? That's clearly what he's best at. Calvert-Lewin is a better choice if Tosun isn't starting.

I have to imagine that Holgate has a knock if he's not in. Seems like a no-brainer to include our best defender, and only defender with any pace, for this one. If that's not the case then I'm not sure what Allardyce is playing at.

No I like the midfield 3 - hopefully Davies turns up cause heís been badly out of form and we could do with more of his slide-rule passes in the final third he has in the locker every now and again.

Iím just really gutted about -

No Holgate?
Jags?
Having to admit gylfi will never work at 10 because we donít play with a 10 so he is destined to probably disappoint on the left.
Niasse playing ahead of Tosun because yeah I agree heís an amazing sub but if tosun isnt going to work as the man up top then frankly weíve wasted our money and are at square one with DCL or Niasse which we know isnít near enough for the Prem.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 31, 2018, 01:43:18 AM
Reply #169

Macca77

Especially when they signed that left footed attacker from Monaco for £35m and he can't get a game.

Exactly

January 31, 2018, 01:58:11 AM
Reply #170

kiwiblue65

This is 10 days away because it's FA Cup this weekend.

Wednesday 19:45

Can't see anything but horrible defeat so I'll just post the team I want to see, excluding potential signings.

Pickford
Kenny Keane Holgate Garbutt
Gana Rooney Davies
Walcott Tosun Sigurdsson
I agree with the exception of Holgate. Think he needs a bit of a rest. I'd put Jaggs in

January 31, 2018, 01:59:46 AM
Reply #171

kiwiblue65

By the way I think we will win this one comfortably

January 31, 2018, 02:03:53 AM
Reply #172

kramer0

By the way I think we will win this one comfortably

Bold prediction.

We've looked comfortable maybe twice this year. The home leg against Split and Huddersfield.

Edit: I didn't see it but Sunderland in the cup sounded comfortable.

January 31, 2018, 02:08:48 AM
Reply #173

gizzblue

Sane out for 6 weeks so City bid 50 million for his replacement, its ridiculous
Wish we could be that rediculous tbfh.
If we lost Gylfi we would go back after Cleverly ...that's the differences really .
 And persisting with Coco is suicide against these  ...ffs .. .good old Everton
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 02:12:37 AM by gizzblue »

January 31, 2018, 02:16:09 AM
Reply #174

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Crystal Palace winning (Benteke :/) but if it ends that way would see us level on points with them. Reminder of how crap our season has been to date.

January 31, 2018, 02:39:32 AM
Reply #175

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I like the keeper and the mf
The rest is bizarre

Simply simply lovely

January 31, 2018, 02:40:33 AM
Reply #176

everton1952

Mahrez is staying and will play against us, unless City up from £50m to something approaching £85m according to a report.

January 31, 2018, 02:44:44 AM
Reply #177

Jamokachi

Fuck it... 2-1 Everton.

January 31, 2018, 02:46:03 AM
Reply #178

Shogun

Administrator
Mahrez is staying and will play against us, unless City up from £50m to something approaching £85m according to a report.

His head will be gone on the night
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 31, 2018, 02:49:07 AM
Reply #179

GrantyBoy78

Our left hand side is embarrassing. Sigurdsson, uncomfortable as a left winger who naturally cuts inside and leaves gaping holes and Martina, uncomfortable at left back = very comfortable evening for Leicester's right back and right winger. <quickly adds Leciester to midweek acca>
Sigurdsson works his arse off though and offers a bit of protection for Martina. It is a waste having a player like him out there but whatís the alternative? Imagine Lookman or Bolasie as Ďprotectioní in front of Martina? Our defence is of such a shite standard, it impacts the rest of our team selection.