August 15, 2018, 06:26:53 AM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce criticises fringe players who drop their fitness levels  (Read 3233 times)

January 29, 2018, 08:24:15 PM
Reply #45

Lxxx

After Wednesday’s match he will have been in charge for the same number of games as Koeman and 5 more than Unsworth.

At what point does he assume full responsibility for the player’s fitness and wellbeing.

I remember him saying a few weeks ago that he was surprised how easy it had been to turn the club around.

With 3 points from the last 6 games, I’m amazed that he thinks he has.

I remember the arrogance of that quote. He doesn't look so smug now, or rather he still does, and I think that's part of the reason I dislike him so much.

January 29, 2018, 09:21:12 PM
Reply #46

mikey_blue

Probably should criticise the kit man too, just in case he's missed anyone.

January 29, 2018, 09:27:58 PM
Reply #47

Ridge

The article on the OS didn't see as if he was having a go at fitness levels, but more of a "come on guys, push yourselves, because I need you to be ready when the call comes". At least that's how I read into it.

I'm not a fan of the style of football he has us playing, but this seems to be jumping to conclusions slightly.

Wherever he's been, he's always been popular with the players, so I don't think they feel he throws them under the buss... which seems to be the consensus here.

It's his job to motivate them, it's a concession that he is unable to do that with not one, but several of the fringe players.

He's the one paid to do the job he's complaining about. It's like saying performances are shit, yes they are. The accuracy of the comment is not the issue, it's the fact he's not taking any ownership or responsibility for what is his problem and remit.

January 29, 2018, 09:28:44 PM
Reply #48

formerKHL

maybe I'm reading that wrong but what I'm reading is a call to the players that when they're needed they need to take their chance....

if they don't take their chance they wont get another......

to me what he's saying is basically its a big squad so youve gotta take your chance when you get it

the headline is just to prompt a reaction to discussion on the forum methinks.....and lets face it we all love to bounce on sam at the moment...

January 29, 2018, 10:14:20 PM
Reply #49

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
It's his job to motivate them, it's a concession that he is unable to do that with not one, but several of the fringe players.

He's the one paid to do the job he's complaining about. It's like saying performances are shit, yes they are. The accuracy of the comment is not the issue, it's the fact he's not taking any ownership or responsibility for what is his problem and remit.
But if they don't want to respond to him then they need to know exactly what happens next. This squad would appear to very fragmented and that cannot be addressed quickly - it means moving players out and getting others in. Once again - we have an absolute shit situation created over how long? A year? 2 years? That takes time to sort out but because it's a manager people didn't want people are looking frantically for every opportunity to see him fail.
The lack of realism and objectivity on here would be so funny if I was reading it about the other side's manager/club. If they're reading all this they must be laughing their socks off.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

January 30, 2018, 02:27:04 AM
Reply #50

Jamokachi

Or is it a motivation tactic? He's not saying the players aren't fit enough, he's saying he wants to see them push themselves even harder.

January 30, 2018, 02:43:22 AM
Reply #51

UnsyisaRhino

Or is it a motivation tactic? He's not saying the players aren't fit enough, he's saying he wants to see them push themselves even harder.

Depends on your view of big sam it seems
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 02:47:05 AM by UnsyisaRhino »

January 30, 2018, 05:56:01 AM
Reply #52

Ridge

Yeah, that's obvious, I'm not sure if you're playing dumb.

The point is that if 2 months in, he can't talk directly to several players to get a response. If he can talk directly with these players and get them motivated, why's he talking publicly about it?

And I wouldn't consider it very motivational anyway, saying you might get a small chance if we're desperate. It comes across as more of a bitter complaint, a last roll of the dice.

January 30, 2018, 06:45:49 AM
Reply #53

Jamokachi

The point is that if 2 months in, he can't talk directly to several players to get a response. If he can talk directly with these players and get them motivated, why's he talking publicly about it?

Err, because he was asked the question. Why does any manager say anything publicly?

January 30, 2018, 06:56:29 AM
Reply #54

Ridge

Err, because he was asked the question. Why does any manager say anything publicly?

Because they have media obligations, but most chose not to air dirty laundry except in individual or special circumstances. You make a show of one player, to try and illicit more response from other players to avoid the same fate.

If he's just chucking out accusations about players being unprofessional because he was asked a question, that's even worse.

January 30, 2018, 07:05:50 AM
Reply #55

Jamokachi

Because they have media obligations, but most chose not to air dirty laundry except in individual or special circumstances. You make a show of one player, to try and illicit more response from other players to avoid the same fate.

If he's just chucking out accusations about players being unprofessional because he was asked a question, that's even worse.

That mountain you're stood on looks an awful lot like a molehill from over here.

Manager demands extra work from players shocker. This really is a complete and utter nothing story. Every single manager uses varying methods to push their players. To get that extra 10% out of them (to use a shite cliche).

Of course the conversation has been had in private with the players, it would be naive to think otherwise. Saying it publicly by no means constitutes unprofessional behaviour, it's merley reflective of his honest persona, which some find too honest. 

January 30, 2018, 07:58:21 AM
Reply #56

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, that's obvious, I'm not sure if you're playing dumb.

When it comes to dumb, Jamo doesn't play around.

Sorry mate, just couldn't resist.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 30, 2018, 04:46:40 PM
Reply #57

dunkster

He's a twat fair play. Brought in to save us from relegation. Up into top half before her learnt the players names and completely incapable of taking the team further. Bet he's chuffed to bits dragging us back into his beloved relegation dogfights. Whilst making sure he tells everyone of all the reasons why it can't possibly be his fault if he fails.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

January 30, 2018, 05:03:44 PM
Reply #58

Lxxx

Now we're being dragged downwards he's onto a winner and expectations are then lowered, so his brand of football becomes more palatable when compared against the disaster of relegation. It's probably no surprise players like Klaassan who were brought up at Ajax don't feel too enthused about training watching the ball go flying over everyone's heads from back to front every session.

January 30, 2018, 06:04:19 PM
Reply #59

Ridge

That mountain you're stood on looks an awful lot like a molehill from over here.

Manager demands extra work from players shocker. This really is a complete and utter nothing story. Every single manager uses varying methods to push their players. To get that extra 10% out of them (to use a shite cliche).

Of course the conversation has been had in private with the players, it would be naive to think otherwise. Saying it publicly by no means constitutes unprofessional behaviour, it's merley reflective of his honest persona, which some find too honest. 

Koeman publicly called out Barkley's workrate and by jove, it motivated him.

Every manager does have and use a range of methods or tools, which is why publicly shaming is one of the last tools used. He's not challenging a player to deliver a better performance as a chance will come soon, he's saying they're unlikely to get a chance. If he's using it as a motivational tool, he's a desperate moron, the more likely motivation is defending his own reputation and trying to downplay his own responsibility, it's up to players, not my fault gov, same with performances.

Presumably he's talking about Klaassen, Vlasic, Sandro. If he's not going to use them, then why bother. If you plan to use them, then try and integrate them into the team, build their confidence, not shoot them down while they're struggling. And I said he's calling the players unprofessional.

As Lionel Hutz would say there's the truth and then, there's the truth. The glass is both half empty and half full, it depends on perspective. But it certainly seems to be a growing trend for islands of irresponsibility. That if someone is ignorant enough, it seems to remove any liability for their actions or stupid statements. It's that refreshing honesty about how shit everything else is, that paints them in a good light. I'm just surprised how many seem to lap it up, well it's true, yes but it's his job and he appears to accept no responsibility when it goes wrong.