May 22, 2018, 10:45:25 PM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce criticises fringe players who drop their fitness levels  (Read 2976 times)

January 28, 2018, 04:32:27 PM
Reply #30

Lxxx

Seems to be going about things in the knowledge he won't be here too long anyway.

Mind you this calling the players out in public is becoming a recurring theme, across managers.

January 28, 2018, 04:45:00 PM
Reply #31

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Blames? or simply saying what he sees and as it is ? - Kind of what most businesses would expect of their management...

not sure boards in Denmark would have their CEOs criticize their employees in public

January 28, 2018, 04:51:27 PM
Reply #32

SANA_DR0

Blames? or simply saying what he sees and as it is ? - Kind of what most businesses would expect of their management...

true, most managers of businesses would manage their issues and fix them, through the skills they have gained being in management, he (or she) wouldnt blame the staff, or the security guards or photo coppier or the tea lady.

you dont need to make noise as a manager (as the responsibility lies with you to manage)

a good manager fixes the issues, but first he's got to be wise enough to see the issues.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 06:03:38 PM by SANA_DR0 »
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

January 28, 2018, 06:43:52 PM
Reply #33

gizzblue

A good manager of any type ...won't criticize his staff but will show them how to improve .

A good manager that is .

January 28, 2018, 06:50:30 PM
Reply #34

arteta4spain

true, most managers of businesses would manage their issues and fix them, through the skills they have gained being in management, he (or she) wouldnt blame the staff, or the security guards or photo coppier or the tea lady.

you dont need to make noise as a manager (as the responsibility lies with you to manage)

a good manager fixes the issues, but first he's got to be wise enough to see the issues.
Definitley. You wouldnt air your dirty laundry in public for the world to see in any other business, well youd believe you try not to. It looks so unprofessional and smacks of a lack of accountability.
I get that Sam has not been here long and sees that there are players/issues that were apparent from day one. But it feels like hes saying its all down to them. In a way it is as they are grown men but a manager is supposed to do just that, MANAGE them.
It feels like hes just going through the motions and working the bear minimum and getting his excuses in early, (lack of conviction from the players) to save his own skin if it all goes tits up.

January 29, 2018, 12:19:23 AM
Reply #35

wilbur

After Wednesday’s match he will have been in charge for the same number of games as Koeman and 5 more than Unsworth.

At what point does he assume full responsibility for the player’s fitness and wellbeing.

I remember him saying a few weeks ago that he was surprised how easy it had been to turn the club around.

With 3 points from the last 6 games, I’m amazed that he thinks he has.
“It was the best 10 years of my career, in fact they are the only team I ever actually played for. That’s what happens when you play for Everton, you forget the rest, the rest means nothing.” - Duncan Ferguson

January 29, 2018, 12:36:55 AM
Reply #36

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
After Wednesday’s match he will have been in charge for the same number of games as Koeman

Ay?
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

January 29, 2018, 12:45:01 AM
Reply #37

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 29, 2018, 12:52:07 AM
Reply #38

Alanvideo

We are special ,we are Everton.

January 29, 2018, 01:13:38 AM
Reply #39

Ridge

The only fit player from Moyes time is Jags.

Only fit players from Martinez time is Niasse, Holgate and Besic.

The last comment on article hints that its this seasons signings. Vlasic, Klaassen and Sandro have collectively played less minutes than Cuco has at left back.

January 29, 2018, 01:14:58 AM
Reply #40

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
............think he means PL matches  only

Koeman had a full season and a few games this season, Sam has only had a couple of months of a season.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

January 29, 2018, 01:15:27 AM
Reply #41

Ridge

I took a flyer on the last stat about Cuco at left back. Its probably not true, but not far off

January 29, 2018, 02:42:08 AM
Reply #42

Alanvideo

Koeman had a full season and a few games this season, Sam has only had a couple of months of a season.
...................this season only ,Koeman has had charge of 17 competitive  games , Rhino 8 and Sam 12 going by the O.S.
We are special ,we are Everton.

January 29, 2018, 02:57:41 AM
Reply #43

kiwiblue65

Ferguson was never a good manager then

January 29, 2018, 02:58:32 AM
Reply #44

Jamokachi

The article on the OS didn't see as if he was having a go at fitness levels, but more of a "come on guys, push yourselves, because I need you to be ready when the call comes". At least that's how I read into it.

I'm not a fan of the style of football he has us playing, but this seems to be jumping to conclusions slightly.

Wherever he's been, he's always been popular with the players, so I don't think they feel he throws them under the buss... which seems to be the consensus here.