May 26, 2018, 02:02:19 AM

Author Topic: Team morale and wages  (Read 2029 times)

January 29, 2018, 01:32:03 AM
Reply #30

kiwiblue65

All Sam's fault?

January 29, 2018, 01:44:10 AM
Reply #31

arteta4spain

I dont think it a high wages or wage structure issue.

For me its that we are in a no-mans-land as players know we arent good enough to complete with the top clubs. But we are a big club ourselves and players think we have a right to be in the PL so dont have the 'fight' learned by the small teams.

Everton remind me of Villa. No sucess of any kind for too long and that takes its toll on everyone.
Definitely feels like this at the mo. And Villa is a good comparison. The only difference is that we have Moshiri in so maybe we are a bit like QPR but I think with Kenwright still here heíd be wary and not let it get into too much of a mess.
But with regards to the players I fully agree we have players who prob know weíre in no mans land, too good for relegation, not good enough for top 4. Itís trying to find players who have motivation and the ability to push themselves up a level if they wanted to.
Suppose thatís difficult with player recruitment. Youíll only know if theyíll step up when the going gets tough. Prior to that itís all lip service.
Seems very difficult to accomplish but then look at Spurs. They have the whole London factor that entices the players I suppose and the new stadium. But in terms of wages they arenít blowing us out the water, in fact itís the opposite.
This all boils down to the manager and recruitment and with the shambles of the summer window and three managers this season, were gonna be in limbo for a while yet.

January 29, 2018, 02:02:26 AM
Reply #32

chang

I earn £360 a week, have 6 grandchildren and happy as a pig in shite - as for footballers, good luck to each and everyone of them,enjoy your wealth.

I kind of feel there are few of us who wouldn't swap lives with even the most corrupt pro .. money has seen to it that a Nottingham Forest will never win the champions league ever again, but us fans pumping money into Sky and BT are part of the problem.

January 30, 2018, 02:16:32 PM
Reply #33

Morta75

The beginining of the end...

January 31, 2018, 05:42:02 AM
Reply #34

boothill

Team morale ? fuck me, what about fan morale, its through the fucking floor

January 31, 2018, 06:10:16 AM
Reply #35

everton1952

Just watched Carvalhal of Swansea. What a personality. How did Sheff Wed come to sack him? Maybe he was there too long. He will defo keep Swansea up. He was asked how hard it was to raise the team morale off the floor. Sam should watch the interview, although the personalities are very different. 

January 31, 2018, 07:50:40 PM
Reply #36

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
As can be seen by Ozilís new deal (£350k p/w) we donít pay, or at least arenít paying, massive wages.

Those in our squad who are on less than others will catch up with new deals, naturally but weíre not paying people ridiculous amounts that in their relative terms as PL footballers, would sow division I donít think.