May 21, 2018, 10:22:09 PM

Author Topic: Team morale and wages  (Read 2005 times)

January 28, 2018, 04:36:31 AM
Read 2005 times

Juanito

I wonder if our erratic wage structure has anything to do with team morale and a lack of cohesion at our club.   The Spurs game at Goodison is the first where it seemed it was really evident we lacked any fight and was the also the game Rooney walked back into the side after the drinking ban.

Rooney £150,000 per week
Sigurdsson £150,000 per week
Schneiderlin £120,000 per week
Sandro £120,000 per week
Klassen £100,000 per week
Williams £75,000 per week
Gana £45,000 per week

Nearly half a million a week on the salaries of Klassen, Schneiderlin, Rooney and Sandro. Our top earner arguably only has the fitness to be a sub and start a percentage of games. Rooney, Klassen and Sigurdsson could not play together, yet earn 400,000 per week between them.

Kane and Lloris are top earners at Spurs at 100 and 120 per week respectively. The rest of the players sit under this and the side have a balanced structure.

Evertonís new Ďethosí seems like that of QPR the last time they were in the top flight.

January 28, 2018, 04:56:27 AM
Reply #1

stirlingblue

In before the QPR shout.... oh

January 28, 2018, 08:29:03 AM
Reply #2

eyesalwaysblue

Very depressing reading list..

I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 28, 2018, 08:48:08 AM
Reply #3

Ramjam

How the other half live ehh, and itís people like us who endorse and enable it to happen
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 28, 2018, 09:00:04 AM
Reply #4

eyesalwaysblue

How the other half live ehh, and itís people like us who endorse and enable it to happen
Yes true but it was more the aged or just not good enough angle that struck me for some reason, a stark reality.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 28, 2018, 09:32:01 AM
Reply #5

Cuttyblue

Kane and Lloris are top earners at Spurs at 100 and 120 per week respectively. The rest of the players sit under this and the side have a balanced structure.

Assuming this is true it is absolutely shocking. 

In the wider sense, it is because it costs so much more to get these playboys out of London?

January 28, 2018, 11:26:34 AM
Reply #6

Juanito

Assuming this is true it is absolutely shocking. 

In the wider sense, it is because it costs so much more to get these playboys out of London?

I think itís because they believe more in a strict wage structure, yet the players are developing, so believe in and buy into it. Obviously there is a risk of some of them leaving for bigger clubs that can double their salary (I think Alli is only on 50k per week but is in the process of negotiating this) but something has to be said about their structure and ours which is up there with some of the top clubs in the world yet we are performing like one of the worst clubs in this league.

Seamus Coleman is on less than half that Schneiderlin, Sandro or Klassen are on, I guess that comes with trying to convince players to come to us from
other clubs, or like Schneiderlin, matching the wages he was on at United.

I might be wrong but we seem to have lost something of the Everton spirit quite gradually and I wonder if some players see others on double the money they are, not as disciplined and that having an impact on the cohesiveness of the squad.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 11:28:19 AM by Juanito »

January 28, 2018, 12:30:32 PM
Reply #7

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Letís see how long Spurs stick to that structure.

The reason for them redoing their ground is to be able to afford more / better players.

Plus. None of those top wages are top level wages - remember thatís half of what Rooney was on previously.

Yes there are disparities lower down but thatís because they signed deals before these players were signed.

And we still spend roughly the same on wages as Spurs for the squad overall.

Itís been mentioned before but I think the biggest inhibitor for squad cohesion is that barely anyone, certainly ones in the team now, has been here more than 18 months.

January 28, 2018, 12:33:48 PM
Reply #8

Juanito

Letís see how long Spurs stick to that structure.

The reason for them redoing their ground is to be able to afford more / better players.

Plus. None of those top wages are top level wages - remember thatís half of what Rooney was on previously.

Yes there are disparities lower down but thatís because they signed deals before these players were signed.

And we still spend roughly the same on wages as Spurs for the squad overall.

Itís been mentioned before but I think the biggest inhibitor for squad cohesion is that barely anyone, certainly ones in the team now, has been here more than 18 months.

Makes sense

January 28, 2018, 12:33:54 PM
Reply #9

bluenuck

As I've said a few time before on here.

This past year has an errie beginning of the end feeling to it.

I won't be surprised to see us relegated in the next 3 seasons.

January 28, 2018, 12:38:48 PM
Reply #10

Ramjam

I also think that Spurs are going to have to start and spunk big wages to keep their best players., Iím sure there all aware of the salaries that poor players are on such as Barkley, Schniderlin and Rooney who is in his twilight years as a footballer and heís earning triple what Deli Alli is getting.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 28, 2018, 12:45:18 PM
Reply #11

Lazarou

The disconnect from professional football has never been greater. None more so at Everton, the place where wages have gone up dramatically and entertainment has gone down dramatically.

January 28, 2018, 12:45:27 PM
Reply #12

Juanito

As I've said a few time before on here.

This past year has an errie beginning of the end feeling to it.

I won't be surprised to see us relegated in the next 3 seasons.

I think we will be ok. Although it seems we need to work on discipline, boundaries and an equilibrium. Nearly half a million quid weekly wage and £70 million fees on three No.10ís, whilst having a third choice right back at left back also says something about difficulties within the managerial team.

January 28, 2018, 03:31:30 PM
Reply #13

Trowel

Assuming this is true  it is absolutely shocking. 
What's the source for these figures?

I'm sure some of these figures are just forum quesses being repeated until they become facts.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

January 28, 2018, 04:58:13 PM
Reply #14

Bluedylan

All paying shitloads of tax to keep our public services going (in theory)
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.