August 21, 2018, 05:01:56 AM

Author Topic: Deadline Day  (Read 14453 times)

January 31, 2018, 02:30:18 PM
Reply #60

Macca77

I'm bored with deadline day already, can't be arsed with thew Giroud / Aubameyang / Mahrez / saga, sky sports presenters are trying to hard again here.

January 31, 2018, 02:37:54 PM
Reply #61

Waltzer

Nah lads.

Mangala is garbage.

If it a straight choice of going with what weve got or getting Mangala in are you saying you'd stay as we are with 33 year old Williams, 35 year old Jags, woefully out of form Keane and Holgate who have conceded 39 goals in 24 games?

January 31, 2018, 02:38:16 PM
Reply #62

Rodenplav64

Cant please some people, were potentially signing a player from this seasons Champions, hes played 15 times for them already and they're only allowing him to leave cause they just broke their transfer record for another defender. I can guarantee Williams or Jags wouldnt have played 15 times for City this season, I think its a great signing, even if only on loan

Mate you are clutching at straws . He has looked awful not just this season but since he came to the club . Like I always say everyone gets a chance but fuck me you can't be impressed by anything you have seen from him . It is a catastrophe if we don't get a LB and we are in more danger of going down than we were when Allardyce came .I genuinely hope I am wrong about him .

January 31, 2018, 02:38:25 PM
Reply #63

Macca77

Allardyce on talksport, said looking at bringing one in today on loan and one more will be leaving.

January 31, 2018, 02:41:08 PM
Reply #64

Waltzer

Mate you are clutching at straws . He has looked awful not just this season but since he came to the club . Like I always say everyone gets a chance but fuck me you can't be impressed by anything you have seen from him . It is a catastrophe if we don't get a LB and we are in more danger of going down than we were when Allardyce came .I genuinely hope I am wrong about him .

I think we need a left back 100%, and Mangala isnt the greatest, but id say hes better than most of what weve got. It also gives us better options with regards to playing 3 across the back with him being naturally left footed. If we had a team full of world class centre backs I could understand the fume, but we've got an ageing back line that are shipping goals for fun I genuinely dont see this as anything other than positive, especially on loan!?

January 31, 2018, 02:42:00 PM
Reply #65

Ramjam

Allardyce on talksport, said looking at bringing one in today on loan and one more will be leaving.
Letís hope itís Sam himself thatís leaving
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 31, 2018, 02:42:23 PM
Reply #66

eugene

Yes itís Besic, just never had a substantial run of games for us, love his attitude like

January 31, 2018, 02:45:11 PM
Reply #67

Macca77

Klaassen maybe staying then?

January 31, 2018, 02:48:48 PM
Reply #68

Rodenplav64

I think we need a left back 100%, and Mangala isnt the greatest, but id say hes better than most of what weve got. It also gives us better options with regards to playing 3 across the back with him being naturally left footed. If we had a team full of world class centre backs I could understand the fume, but we've got an ageing back line that are shipping goals for fun I genuinely dont see this as anything other than positive, especially on loan!?

I am not fuming and loans don't really matter I suppose . There was at one point a good defender at Porto but he has not looked suited to the league . I jus don't see him settling the defence or our midfield keeping hold of the ball or creating chances . We are doomed under Allardyce and I am gutted by the mess Moshiri has made of this club . I am 54 so have seen plenty of bad times but this season more than most has killed me off . You are right in that he is better than Williams and will have been coached well until today so lets hope what he has learnt at city isn't coached out of him by Allardyce .

January 31, 2018, 02:51:38 PM
Reply #69

D15TIN

Is he better than what weve got? Probably. at 26 hes at a good age, lets be honest Keane has been terrible, Williams and jagielka are getting on and arnt really good enough anymore, Holgates been up and down.

Not going to turn my nose up at a French international whose played 15 times for this seasons soon to be champions

January 31, 2018, 02:53:39 PM
Reply #70

dangermouse

How on earth can Everton expect to do business on a day they have a match?!?

It's just scandalous.

That's if the word 'scandalous' means a pathetic excuse.

We need a striker.  Someone who can perform in the premier league. I'm amazed we didn't put a bid in for Sanchez.  There's no way he would've accepted, but it would have shown some intention to sign a high profile player, instead of all the dross we seem to concentrate on.

Sigurdsson is a decent player, though probably not too happy at playing out of position.  Is he worth £45m though?  I'm not so sure.

Keane.  I don't know where to start on that lad.

£20m for Walcott but Barkley sells for just £15m?  As Dizzee would say, that is just bonkers.  I appreciate Barkley hasn't played for ages, but Walcott was hardly getting much game time either.  Barkley makes the odd mistake, fair enough but his potential at 24 is far greater than Walcott's at soon to be 29 and someone who makes a lot of mistakes.

It's just mental.

Pickford has been our, erm pick of recent-ish transfers.  £25m looks like a bargain.  I honestly think he will become a world class keeper.

Lookman needs to play more.

Why not have a punt on Giroud?  He wants first team action and that is something we can provide!  Mahrez even.

A left back would be nice too, but lets not get ahead of ourselves as we will no doubt unveil and unheard of striker from a distant league.

Cue fireworks and the damp squib of disappointment that will follow.

Show some bloody initiative Everton instead of acting like a second rate team!

:Horse:
Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

January 31, 2018, 02:54:37 PM
Reply #71

School of Science

Could Mangala be better than what we've got, quite possibly, let's face it our defence has been shite this season, lack of pace one of the reasons, Mangala is quick, athletic and powerfully. Looking through our central defenders, I can't see much of that, especially in one player. If he signs are we going to give him a chance, don't worry too much lads even if he is shite, we can just send him back....... Unlike some of our signings last year.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

January 31, 2018, 02:54:51 PM
Reply #72

Cozzie

If it a straight choice of going with what weve got or getting Mangala in are you saying you'd stay as we are with 33 year old Williams, 35 year old Jags, woefully out of form Keane and Holgate who have conceded 39 goals in 24 games?

Yep. Go with what we have got. Or get someone who is better than mangala.

January 31, 2018, 03:00:13 PM
Reply #73

dangermouse

Could Mangala be better than what we've got, quite possibly, let's face it our defence has been shite this season, lack of pace one of the reasons, Mangala is quick, athletic and powerfully. Looking through our central defenders, I can't see much of that, especially in one player. If he signs are we going to give him a chance, don't worry too much lads even if he is shite, we can just send him back....... Unlike some of our signings last year.

Hes left footed.... think about it...... Big Sams planning on playing him at left back. :(
Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

January 31, 2018, 03:09:22 PM
Reply #74

Glory

Letís hope itís Sam himself thatís leaving
Can take his mate Steve with him